Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman 00:27 - Oct 28 with 1635 viewswkj

I have a feeling that Manchester United may very well be doing some management shuffling in light of Barcelona sacking Koeman.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 01:10 - Oct 28 with 1563 viewstractordownsouth

Man Utd is a much better job than Barca

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 06:10 - Oct 28 with 1446 viewsBarcaBlue

There's little in common between those 2 clubs as to the manager they'd be looking to appoint.

Barça will pull out all the stops to get Xavi back at the Camp Nou. I doubt they'd consider an outsider or authoritarian like Conte who would seem a better fit at ManU.

Xavi has always said he'd take on the job when the time is right but the manager's job there is a hard sell under current conditions. On the plus side there are a lot of young and exciting players who are breaking through now that the path to the first team has been cleared. Maybe that coupled with the feeling a "saviour" is required will be enough to convince him. If it's not Xavi I really can't see who.

I assume ManU will go for Conte or another one from the European manager merrygoround. I don't think Barça will be fishing in the same pond.
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 06:43 - Oct 28 with 1387 viewswkj

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 06:10 - Oct 28 by BarcaBlue

There's little in common between those 2 clubs as to the manager they'd be looking to appoint.

Barça will pull out all the stops to get Xavi back at the Camp Nou. I doubt they'd consider an outsider or authoritarian like Conte who would seem a better fit at ManU.

Xavi has always said he'd take on the job when the time is right but the manager's job there is a hard sell under current conditions. On the plus side there are a lot of young and exciting players who are breaking through now that the path to the first team has been cleared. Maybe that coupled with the feeling a "saviour" is required will be enough to convince him. If it's not Xavi I really can't see who.

I assume ManU will go for Conte or another one from the European manager merrygoround. I don't think Barça will be fishing in the same pond.

Do you think they might court Koeman?

Crybaby

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 06:54 - Oct 28 with 1377 viewsBarcaBlue

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 06:43 - Oct 28 by wkj

Do you think they might court Koeman?

I think Ronald McDonald would be a better option.
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:26 - Oct 28 with 1153 viewsHighgateBlue

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 06:54 - Oct 28 by BarcaBlue

Good sponsorship tie-in potential. And I don't just mean as "official club clown partner", which presumably most clubs in the EPL already have covered...
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:34 - Oct 28 with 1128 viewsblueislander

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:26 - Oct 28 by HighgateBlue

Good sponsorship tie-in potential. And I don't just mean as "official club clown partner", which presumably most clubs in the EPL already have covered...

Koeman to Newcastle?
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:45 - Oct 28 with 1098 viewsElephantintheRoom

He's got £10 million in his back pocket that will make him even worse than he was at Everton.

Man U were unbeaten away from home for a year until a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing in that year they played Chelski, The Oil State and Scouse Franchise. Clearly something has changed that has caused a decent team to become hopeless and hapless.

Aside from Sancho, who barely plays, only one significant change has occured this season to explain the collapse in morale and team spirit..... vanity signing Ronaldo. If only they'd let him go to Man City.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:46 - Oct 28 with 1095 viewsMetal_Hacker

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 06:54 - Oct 28 by BarcaBlue

Have they already not got a clown at the helm ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:55 - Oct 28 with 1076 viewsPrice_1991

United won't sack Ole just yet, they've given him three games to try and turn round performances, although I must admit they couldn't be much harder games really when you think about it in Spurs, Atalanta and City. Should he get the sack then they wont be going for Koeman it will either be Conte or Zidane.
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:58 - Oct 28 with 1061 viewsjayessess

Koeman, like Solskjaer, got his last job on the strength of his playing career rather than anything you could point to in his managerial record. Very rare to get appointed to a job like Barcelona on the back of 3 Eredivisie titles, the last of which came 14 years ago.

No way either of them will be contention for another elite level job after this.

As a former Rayo Vallecano season ticket holder, very much enjoyed last night's game, but even as they are Barcelona have no business losing to Rayo.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 11:08 - Oct 28 with 1031 viewsOldboy

He was crap at Everton. Another useless waste of space living off some kind of reputation. Utd need a seasoned professional manager and Newcastle need a realistic street wise one. Wilder would be perfect for Newcastle at this point of their new journey. Conte for Utd.
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 11:21 - Oct 28 with 1002 viewsBarcaBlue

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:58 - Oct 28 by jayessess

Koeman, like Solskjaer, got his last job on the strength of his playing career rather than anything you could point to in his managerial record. Very rare to get appointed to a job like Barcelona on the back of 3 Eredivisie titles, the last of which came 14 years ago.

No way either of them will be contention for another elite level job after this.

As a former Rayo Vallecano season ticket holder, very much enjoyed last night's game, but even as they are Barcelona have no business losing to Rayo.

I have a soft spot for Rayo, an ethos poles apart from their city neighbours. A proper team with proper supporters.

Koeman is a dull manager with a dull management record. He's a Lambert clone, talking up performances after another defeat, living on past achievements and with the charisma of a jellyfish.
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 11:24 - Oct 28 with 990 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think Man Utd will move based much more on Solskjaer than the availability of any replacement. They will have no problem getting a top manager in if they choose to do so. The issue will be identifying the right one that will work for them.

Solskjaer has been given more time than most thanks to his legendary status with the club. I am still surprised he has survived that last match as much because it was Liverpool as the nature of the performance and score.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 11:54 - Oct 28 with 905 viewsHighgateBlue

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:34 - Oct 28 by blueislander

Koeman to Newcastle?

Good shout. Very possible you'd think. Expensive marquee signing who probably wouldn't get a top top Premier League job based on his record. Just what the top brass would want I imagine. The only time they've really successfully shopped in the higher echelons of the European jet set manager brigade would have been Benitez.

I'm not counting Sir Robert Robson: he was always and will remain, a special case...
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 12:28 - Oct 28 with 828 viewsKitman

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 10:55 - Oct 28 by Price_1991

United won't sack Ole just yet, they've given him three games to try and turn round performances, although I must admit they couldn't be much harder games really when you think about it in Spurs, Atalanta and City. Should he get the sack then they wont be going for Koeman it will either be Conte or Zidane.

Disagree. He could go as soon as a loss v Spurs. Poch is one they would opt for.

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 12:31 - Oct 28 with 819 viewswkj

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 12:28 - Oct 28 by Kitman

Disagree. He could go as soon as a loss v Spurs. Poch is one they would opt for.

If the right manager is out there, I doubt Ole will be safe - even the fans are split on him. FWIW I think Ole is a decent manager, but he's not got enough clout at Man United to manipulate the Glazer Circus.

Crybaby

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 12:32 - Oct 28 with 817 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 12:28 - Oct 28 by Kitman

Pochettino is hardly likely to leave PSG right now though

Think if Solskjaer goes (and agree that he will if the next couple of games go badly) it’s likely to be a short term replacement until the merry-go-round starts again next Summer, in which case Poch I think would definitely be a plausible option as likely to be on the market if PSG don’t win the CL. But f**k knows really, I’d never have guessed Solskjaer would have been their next manager a couple of years back!!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 13:01 - Oct 28 with 771 viewsbrazil1982

It's quite glorious working in Manchester and hearing the Man Utd sob stories.
Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 13:27 - Oct 28 with 721 viewsjayessess

Who's gonna flinch first in the Premier League - Ronald Koeman on 11:21 - Oct 28 by BarcaBlue

I have a soft spot for Rayo, an ethos poles apart from their city neighbours. A proper team with proper supporters.

Koeman is a dull manager with a dull management record. He's a Lambert clone, talking up performances after another defeat, living on past achievements and with the charisma of a jellyfish.

Always a brilliant place to go and watch football! Interestingly I noticed Blue Action had adopted one of their ultras' big tunes (the Suffolk/Suffolk one) but without the choreography (Rayo's fans have it as a call and response between all 3 stands).

Koeman's appalling, can't believe he'd have got near that job without the Ajax-Barca-Cruyff-Van Gaal thing.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024