Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs for tomorrow 10:25 - Oct 29 with 1451 viewsParky

Where is everyone heading tomorrow, before the game?

A quick Google points towards the Britannia Inn, which is near the ground; but sadly it’s a Wetherspoons.

Any other suggestions? - Getting the 05:41 from Ipswich and into Plymouth for 11:10, so hopefully a good couple of hours to get a pint or 6.
Pubs for tomorrow on 10:29 - Oct 29 with 1419 viewslinhdi

The Britannia has a 50% capacity restriction, so you're probably better off in town. Loads of places on and around their waterfront area, but a half-hour uphill walk to the ground.
Pubs for tomorrow on 10:42 - Oct 29 with 1384 viewsWalkyWonderland

There's not much in the way of decent pubs near the ground or station. If you have the time, head down to the Barbican. This is the historic fishing port. cobbles, lots of great pubs and eateries but it's a fair way from the ground. A good 30-40 minute walk.
Pubs for tomorrow on 13:00 - Oct 29 with 1255 viewsFBI

SW supporters are heading for The Mannamead (Wetherspoons... boo!) fron 12:00.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Pubs for tomorrow on 13:16 - Oct 29 with 1228 viewsEdwardStone

Pubs for tomorrow on 13:00 - Oct 29 by FBI

SW supporters are heading for The Mannamead (Wetherspoons... boo!) fron 12:00.

Some of the very brave ones are meeting in the 'Spoons just by Temple Meads early doors before getting the train

Full English and six pints ....lovely
Pubs for tomorrow on 13:56 - Oct 29 with 1183 viewshype313

Pubs for tomorrow on 13:16 - Oct 29 by EdwardStone

Some of the very brave ones are meeting in the 'Spoons just by Temple Meads early doors before getting the train

Full English and six pints ....lovely

Wear a nappy.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pubs for tomorrow on 14:09 - Oct 29 with 1165 viewsITFC_Forever

There's a social club on the other side of Home Park we might give a look to instead of the Brit, but the Brit has the attraction of the pasty van outside.

Hyde Park Social Club - see link below:
https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/home-park-plymouth-ar

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pubs for tomorrow on 14:15 - Oct 29 with 1149 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I'm heading down to Hoe Park area because I am a little civilised.

Great views from that point.
Pubs for tomorrow on 14:26 - Oct 29 with 1119 viewsEdwardStone

Pubs for tomorrow on 14:09 - Oct 29 by ITFC_Forever

There's a social club on the other side of Home Park we might give a look to instead of the Brit, but the Brit has the attraction of the pasty van outside.

Hyde Park Social Club - see link below:
https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/home-park-plymouth-ar

Oooh, pasty sounds good
Login to get fewer ads

Pubs for tomorrow on 14:44 - Oct 29 with 1080 viewsITFC_Forever

Pubs for tomorrow on 14:15 - Oct 29 by BlueBlueBluex2

Our train gets in at 12.13 or so, so we are tempted to head towards the waterfront, except it's in the opposite direction to the ground.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pubs for tomorrow on 16:08 - Oct 29 with 977 viewshatch

Pubs for tomorrow on 14:15 - Oct 29 by BlueBlueBluex2

Last time I went to Home Park I had a good stroll around the Hoe then headed to the ground early and played pitch and putt in the park next door. Was a lovely day.

But I was about 13 yo. Stead equaliser - COYB.
Pubs for tomorrow on 20:55 - Oct 29 with 800 viewsTony

If going to Barbican best ones are Dolphin, Admiral McBride & Fishermans Arms, I'd avoid the Three Crowns. Barbican also has Captain Jaspers which is bit of a local institution for food. Other option is think there's Ivor Dewdney pasty van at ground which are excellent.

Not that many pubs close to Plymouth Hoe but Waterfront is worth a mention if you can get in.

Both Barbican and Hoe opposite end of city to Home Park, however both within 5-10 mins walk of Royal Parade which is where all buses go from - any bus to Saltash, St Budeaux will get you very close to Home Park, just ask for Milehouse which is at top of Alma Road., its about 12 min ride from Royal Parade and when you get off 3-4 mins walk to ground.

I personally wouldn't go anywhere near the Britannia but recognise its closest to ground.
Positive COVID means I can't go tomorrow now, but from Ipswich, always a blue - grew up in Plymouth.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 11:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024