Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… 17:19 - Oct 30 with 2781 viewsSwailsey

Moan-ahoy.

Life is exhausting enough. This place is unbearably negative. Get some perspective.

Some time away for a bit I think.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 17:23]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:21 - Oct 30 with 2115 viewsTractorFrog

It's so infuriating that we lost today because if we hadn't had those injuries I'm sure we would have beaten the league leaders. If Donacien and Burns return we should have a good chance on Tuesday.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:25 - Oct 30 with 2055 viewsjayessess

I mean if we're aspiring to do anything in this division, we'll have to beat good teams and we'll have to win games when we've got injuries, that's reality.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:26 - Oct 30 with 2029 viewschrismakin

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:25 - Oct 30 by jayessess

I mean if we're aspiring to do anything in this division, we'll have to beat good teams and we'll have to win games when we've got injuries, that's reality.

Today was peak Ipswich tho wasn;t it

You get injuries

but on the morning of the game, have your RW and inform RB both falling ill. That's all weeks gameplan ripped up.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:28 - Oct 30 with 2001 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

There are several posters who got given sweets when they rolled around screaming on the supermarket floor when they were kids, it seems.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:30 - Oct 30 with 1947 viewsBurns7

Four seasons in League One and it’s the supporters fault again…

Same nonsense every season. Too much cucking again.

Not good enough for Ipswich Town.
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:30 - Oct 30 with 1933 viewsjayessess

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:26 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

Today was peak Ipswich tho wasn;t it

You get injuries

but on the morning of the game, have your RW and inform RB both falling ill. That's all weeks gameplan ripped up.

Disasters happen, but we don't have a lot of leeway left this season and have no-one to blame for that but ourselves.

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:32 - Oct 30 with 1918 viewsDubtractor

Ignore the few outliers who are throwing their toys around, there is some valid discussion to be had though about our overall pretty disappointing start to the season. We have been on a decent run recently, but today was a test against a real contender rather than one of the division's also rans, and it is hugely disappointing that we've come up short.

Given the very poor first month of the season we simply cannot afford to lose too many more games, and we really need to start reeling in some of those above us. Today was a perfect opportunity but the opposite has happened.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:33 - Oct 30 with 1905 viewsblueboyd

So you are going away because people moan on an internet message board about a game we lost? ......weirdo.
Login to get fewer ads

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:34 - Oct 30 with 1880 viewsChurchman

Time away for me too.

The reality is that we played the in form league leaders, we were competitive and could have got something from the game. My fear was that we wouldn’t be. The team is gradually improving.

I had hoped we’d be further forward with such easy fixtures at the start of the season, but we are where we are. I’ve always thought give Cook until October and I think he’s done enough to be retained until the end of the season now.

Will we get auto promotion? Highly unlikely. Play offs? Very possible.
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:35 - Oct 30 with 1873 viewsDanTheMan

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:32 - Oct 30 by Dubtractor

Ignore the few outliers who are throwing their toys around, there is some valid discussion to be had though about our overall pretty disappointing start to the season. We have been on a decent run recently, but today was a test against a real contender rather than one of the division's also rans, and it is hugely disappointing that we've come up short.

Given the very poor first month of the season we simply cannot afford to lose too many more games, and we really need to start reeling in some of those above us. Today was a perfect opportunity but the opposite has happened.

Echo this. Our poor start means we can't really afford to be dropping loads of points to those in the top 8 or so.

Hoping that without the injuries we're going to look better, and Cook won't have another Coulson brainfart as I just cannot understand that selection.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:36 - Oct 30 with 1852 viewschrismakin

To take a longer term view tho dubs.

I see today as example of how a thrown together last minute lineup almost got a point against league leaders.

Now if that's the best, then we know we can compete with the balanced lineup.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:41 - Oct 30 with 1793 viewsDubtractor

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:36 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

To take a longer term view tho dubs.

I see today as example of how a thrown together last minute lineup almost got a point against league leaders.

Now if that's the best, then we know we can compete with the balanced lineup.

Absolutely - today isn't a disaster in isolation, and there are big mitigating circumstances, but due to our start we simply can't afford too many losses, and need to win a few of these next games against the top teams. Otherwise the season will be already hugely challenging, by the end of November, just to make the playoffs.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:44 - Oct 30 with 1760 viewsITFCBlues

Come up short in terms of result, but the performance with a number of injuries was fine. We created 4 or 5 excellent chances and on another day at the very least draw that game.

Slow start yes, but clear improvements game by game. No point ripping it all up now or in the near future for a new manager to arrive and change the squad again.

Keep the faith.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:46 - Oct 30 with 1740 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:44 - Oct 30 by ITFCBlues

Come up short in terms of result, but the performance with a number of injuries was fine. We created 4 or 5 excellent chances and on another day at the very least draw that game.

Slow start yes, but clear improvements game by game. No point ripping it all up now or in the near future for a new manager to arrive and change the squad again.

Keep the faith.

This.

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:46 - Oct 30 with 1740 viewsRegencyBlue

I want Cook to succeed because if he is successful so are the club.

Having said that some of his decisions mystify me. Surely there were better options than Coulson playing where he did, particularly coming back from a long injury lay off?
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:50 - Oct 30 with 1710 viewsITFCBlues

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:46 - Oct 30 by RegencyBlue

I want Cook to succeed because if he is successful so are the club.

Having said that some of his decisions mystify me. Surely there were better options than Coulson playing where he did, particularly coming back from a long injury lay off?

He was clearly worried about their left hand side and trying to protect Wolfy.

Who knows what happens in that first half with Celina or Edwards wide right. Would they do a defensive job?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:53 - Oct 30 with 1679 viewsJ2BLUE

We can't blame injuries. We have a ridiculous squad. We are more equipped to deal with injuries than almost every other team in the division.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:55 - Oct 30 with 1665 viewsjayessess

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:50 - Oct 30 by ITFCBlues

He was clearly worried about their left hand side and trying to protect Wolfy.

Who knows what happens in that first half with Celina or Edwards wide right. Would they do a defensive job?

I'm sure that was the thinking. But not sure why you'd need to worry about Woolfy down the right when he's naturally a defender, has played right back before and the opposition are playing without wingers anyway?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:09 - Oct 30 with 1574 viewsLankHenners

Yep.

Also, whilst Plymouth are clearly a good side in form at the moment, we can’t keep going ‘no shame in losing to a good team’ all season otherwise we’ll get nowhere. We’ve got to be better than the good teams and unfortunately today was an opportunity missed.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:11 - Oct 30 with 1547 viewsMarkoW1

Agree some very negative comments and disgusting abuse to some of our players. Disgusted
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:12 - Oct 30 with 1535 viewsDanTheMan

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:11 - Oct 30 by MarkoW1

Agree some very negative comments and disgusting abuse to some of our players. Disgusted

Disgusting abuse!?

Talk about hyperbole.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:16 - Oct 30 with 1514 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:53 - Oct 30 by J2BLUE

We can't blame injuries. We have a ridiculous squad. We are more equipped to deal with injuries than almost every other team in the division.

It's a bit different to regular injuries though, having two right sided players go sick on the morning of the game when you're 300 miles away from home.

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:20 - Oct 30 with 1482 viewsblueconscience

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:11 - Oct 30 by MarkoW1

Truth can be hurtful at times. That’s just life.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:54 - Oct 30 with 1338 viewswkj

I think a draw would have been a fair result had we eeked one of the 'hard to miss' chances of the second half - though we can't feel too hard done by. We clearly missed the best partnership in the squad today (Burns and Donacien) - although I feel Cook might have done better to bring celina on sooner, and possibly replace Edwards with Pigott instead of chaplin (obviously the formation would need to have changed too)

A frustrating result, but we were by no means outclassed today.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:56 - Oct 30 with 1325 viewswkj

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:53 - Oct 30 by J2BLUE

I see your point, but our injuries dismantled our entire right wing - we really missed the synergy of Donacien and Burns today - Coulson would likely have played instead of Penney had the RB spot been covered.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024