Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We said that these 5 games will show us where we are 17:50 - Oct 30 with 1465 viewsVic

So apart from the final score how did we actually measure up against the top of the table team in the first of the sequence?

Did we match them, but just waste opportunities to score? Did we get outplayed? We’re we unlucky, or are we just not good enough yet?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 17:57 - Oct 30 with 1413 viewsbobbyramsey

From a "radio perspective" Plymouth sounded fairly ordinary and with a full first team playing in their correct positions I reckon we would have d!cked them..
We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 17:57 - Oct 30 with 1413 views2-5-7

Not outplayed no.
Did forget our shooting boots.
Annoyingly a bit nieve to let in the goals when we did - concentration and all that.....
Set-up first half not quite balanced but we knew that might be the case.
Had enough clear chances to not lose.
Did enough to draw - probably had enough chances to win.
They were ok, not amazing.
We move on.
We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 17:57 - Oct 30 with 1392 viewschrismakin

Scrappy game between 2 sides who could be equal as a midtable team or equal as a top 2 team.

Nothing really in the game other than they scored 2. We scored 1 and we both missed chances. Ours were easier to score than miss too!.

Overall because of our start the result isn't good enough. But as a game. It was a tough balanced game of football.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 17:58 - Oct 30 with 1377 viewsjayessess

In the end I'm not sure this will turn out to a proper "top of the table" test really. Don't think they'll keep this run going very long and will slink back into mid-table when their underlying lack of quality catches up with them.

We matched them fine, made enough opportunities to draw the match, maybe even win it, but demonstrated our usual flaws.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:01 - Oct 30 with 1346 viewsIllinoisblue

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 17:58 - Oct 30 by jayessess

In the end I'm not sure this will turn out to a proper "top of the table" test really. Don't think they'll keep this run going very long and will slink back into mid-table when their underlying lack of quality catches up with them.

We matched them fine, made enough opportunities to draw the match, maybe even win it, but demonstrated our usual flaws.

Agree fully. Rotherham and Wigan will be much much tougher. Plymouth are well organised but nothing special at all. That said, if only we were a bit more organised when it matters…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:12 - Oct 30 with 1259 viewsThe_Realist_09

I'd say the number of good chances was even, but they seemed to have a more consistent style of play to create these.

Until Celina came on and we got the ball down and had a go at them, we were relying on long balls, scraps and individual moments.

We did miss several really good chances, but Walton made a worldy 1v1 save second half.

Overall, we can be disappointed not to get a point, but I still don't feel we impose ourselves and control games in the midfield enough.
We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:12 - Oct 30 with 1257 viewsKeaneish

Nip and the tuck first half without much in it although they looked more threatening without creating too much. Second half we were much the better side and a point would have been deserved. Missed two sitters and should have had a penalty.

Disappointing. Worst performers were Edwards, Penney and probably Coulson / Nsiala.
No one stood out other than Celina, Edmundson and probably Walton.

A few poor selection choices in my view but Plymouth weren’t up to much and will likely fade.

Long slog home now…

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:15 - Oct 30 with 1232 viewsstiff_talking

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:01 - Oct 30 by Illinoisblue

Agree fully. Rotherham and Wigan will be much much tougher. Plymouth are well organised but nothing special at all. That said, if only we were a bit more organised when it matters…

Plymouth were there for the taking and for long periods Ipswich dominated

We missed a hatful of greater chances with Harper, Edward’s, Penny and Bonne all missing in great positions.

Celina looked great when he came on.

Edmunson was great throughout
Login to get fewer ads

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:22 - Oct 30 with 1194 viewsChrisd

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 17:58 - Oct 30 by jayessess

That is rather unfair on Plymouth, the only game they have lost was their first game of the season against Rotherham. Since then, they haven’t lost for 15 league games. After the amount of matches they have now played, they need to be considered as genuine promotion candidates IMHO

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:27 - Oct 30 with 1136 viewsjayessess

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:22 - Oct 30 by Chrisd

That is rather unfair on Plymouth, the only game they have lost was their first game of the season against Rotherham. Since then, they haven’t lost for 15 league games. After the amount of matches they have now played, they need to be considered as genuine promotion candidates IMHO

seen quite a lot of sides go on this sort of run for 15 games or so. Sometimes it turns out they're brilliantly coached and organised, or have unearthed a game-changing diamond of a player. Didn't see any evidence of that today, just a team that's decent enough that's doing enough to win tight games.

We'll see if I'm wrong, but not convinced they'll be up there. Quality-wise I don't think they were much better than Accrington or Fleetwood.

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:36 - Oct 30 with 1092 viewsChrisd

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:27 - Oct 30 by jayessess

seen quite a lot of sides go on this sort of run for 15 games or so. Sometimes it turns out they're brilliantly coached and organised, or have unearthed a game-changing diamond of a player. Didn't see any evidence of that today, just a team that's decent enough that's doing enough to win tight games.

We'll see if I'm wrong, but not convinced they'll be up there. Quality-wise I don't think they were much better than Accrington or Fleetwood.

I don’t see many sides go on an unbeaten run of 15 games unless they are one of the better sides in the division. Feel it’s more the fact because it’s Plymouth and they haven’t got too much of a track record of success then they can’t possibly be considered as genuine promotion chasers. I do agree there are stronger sides, but the league doesn’t lie after so many games. They’ve clearly got a system and they are making it work to their advantage. I wouldn’t be ruling them out just yet.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 19:09]

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 19:25 - Oct 30 with 916 viewsjayessess

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 18:36 - Oct 30 by Chrisd

I don’t see many sides go on an unbeaten run of 15 games unless they are one of the better sides in the division. Feel it’s more the fact because it’s Plymouth and they haven’t got too much of a track record of success then they can’t possibly be considered as genuine promotion chasers. I do agree there are stronger sides, but the league doesn’t lie after so many games. They’ve clearly got a system and they are making it work to their advantage. I wouldn’t be ruling them out just yet.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 19:09]

On 30 October 2019 Ipswich Town were top of L1.

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 19:32 - Oct 30 with 893 viewsChrisd

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 19:25 - Oct 30 by jayessess

On 30 October 2019 Ipswich Town were top of L1.

Very true, played 2 games less than Plymouth currently and lost 2 games to their 1. We hadn’t gone on an unbeaten 15 game run like the Pilgrims though and there lies the difference. It’s going to be an interesting watch over the coming months to see if they can stay up there, but their confidence must be sky high at the moment.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 19:59]

We said that these 5 games will show us where we are on 01:12 - Oct 31 with 568 viewsTangledupin_Blue

We led.

We lost.

Again.

Puzzling team selection + refusal to switch things around as circumstances dictate = incompetent game management. Again.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024