Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely pathetic from Penney 17:56 - Oct 30 with 2431 viewstractorboy1978

We'd managed the game pretty well up until that point. What on earth is he doing? As a defender you have to attack that ball, pretty basic. It's not the first time he's done it with it leading to a goal this season either.

Second half, we were rancid until the last 10-15 minutes. Edmundson and Morsy trying to spur us on but not helped by anyone around them and Evans started hiding.

We need to be a hell of a lot better than that on Tuesday or it's a long night.
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 17:59 - Oct 30 with 2393 viewsIllinoisblue

It was awful from Penney. Can only assume he was caught in two minds about kicking it or heading it. The sooner Coulson can get fit and play LB the better.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 18:17 - Oct 30 with 2317 viewstractordownsouth

His performance in the first half was Zeki Fryers at Huddersfield standard

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 18:19 - Oct 30 with 2301 viewshomer_123

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 17:59 - Oct 30 by Illinoisblue

It was awful from Penney. Can only assume he was caught in two minds about kicking it or heading it. The sooner Coulson can get fit and play LB the better.

If in doubt...

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 18:21 - Oct 30 with 2280 viewstractorboy1978

It looked to me like he was completely oblivious to where the player was and thought he could see the ball out.
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 20:01 - Oct 30 with 2112 viewsIllinoisblue

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 18:17 - Oct 30 by tractordownsouth

There’s a blast from the past! Reese Wabara levels

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 20:16 - Oct 30 with 2046 viewsHerbivore

Penney is a poor man's Garbutt for me. Neat footballer with a decent left foot but not remotely a natural defender.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cook was and should be getting upset with these errors on 20:34 - Oct 30 with 1972 viewsunstableblue

Yes Penney is second choice left back and Coulson will replace him

But he’s been getting game time and is not rusty

To make that error at that time was crucial

Their manager gets the chance to fire them up half time

We’d silenced the crowd

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 21:25 - Oct 30 with 1864 viewsquad

It's not just the goal where Penney is at fault.

Pause sky sports highlights on 35 secs. He's got at least a 10 yard start ahead of the attacker and still doesn't manage to win the ball. And the tackle he attempts to make is as weak as p*ss. He did the same against Fleetwood where he had a 10 yard head start and still managed to get beaten to the ball sometime in the first half I think. He just switches off completely.

He's every bit as much of a defensive liability as Hladky ever was. Coulsen needs to replace him for future games pronto.
Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 21:26 - Oct 30 with 1859 viewsMarkoW1

And Coulson can do better? Has he actually finished a game yet- just 1 from 5
Penney’s clearly everyone’s scapegoat tonight- yes he was poor but others were just as bad
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 21:46 - Oct 30 with 1801 viewstrncbluearmy

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 21:26 - Oct 30 by MarkoW1

Penney’s clearly everyone’s scapegoat tonight- yes he was poor but others were just as bad

Your confusing scapegoat with just plain awful

Sooner Coulson replaces him the better
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 22:24 - Oct 30 with 1708 viewswkj

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 21:25 - Oct 30 by quad

Pause sky sports highlights on 35 secs. He's got at least a 10 yard start ahead of the attacker and still doesn't manage to win the ball. And the tackle he attempts to make is as weak as p*ss. He did the same against Fleetwood where he had a 10 yard head start and still managed to get beaten to the ball sometime in the first half I think. He just switches off completely.

He's every bit as much of a defensive liability as Hladky ever was. Coulsen needs to replace him for future games pronto.

Penney is slow. Pace and acceleration is very important on the wings. I have no doubt he's got skill, but how do you train speed?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 23:20 - Oct 30 with 1630 viewstractorboy1978

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 21:26 - Oct 30 by MarkoW1

Not scapegoating him, I've alluded to the fact several were pretty poor. However, it was abysmal defending at a key time in the game and as I said, not the first time him failing to attack a ball has cost us a goal this season.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 23:24]
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 23:56 - Oct 30 with 1548 viewsquad

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 22:24 - Oct 30 by wkj

Penney is slow. Pace and acceleration is very important on the wings. I have no doubt he's got skill, but how do you train speed?

It's not just his pace. He's so slow to react to situations. Fans were yelling at him against Fleetwood to wake up. His positional sense and awareness to where the opposition players are is poor. He takes ages to respond to dangerous situations and is weak in the tackle and in the air. I'm fed up of people saying he's done well. Other than his really good goal that time he really hasn't.
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 03:40 - Oct 31 with 1473 viewscarlisleaway

If he was that bad, why not give Kenlock a chance……can be no worse.
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 07:13 - Oct 31 with 1332 viewsChocorange

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 21:25 - Oct 30 by quad

Penney Dreadful 🤔😜
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 07:33 - Oct 31 with 1309 viewstractorshark

in fairness Penney’s done all right in other games but yesterday he was absolutely awful.
He did actually glance at the attacker before that cross came in for the goal so it wasn’t just a case of being oblivious to the danger.
I’m not sure why he didn’t attack the ball, it was a ridiculous decision.
But as others have said he was weak in the tackle in the first minute and that went on throughout the game.
I said to my son he goes in for a 50/50 almost hoping for a ricochet rather than actually committing to making a solid block. There were 2/3 occasions yesterday where that ended up with the attacker robbing him.
You can’t carry passengers in any position, let alone defence.
Hopefully this was just a nightmare day for him, like I say I think he’s done ok this season but, clearly, Coulson is the better player.
But I’d still take Penney over Kenlock any day. The luckiest professional footballer around, amazing how his stock rises the less he plays and yet no manager seems willing to play him.
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 10:28 - Oct 31 with 1082 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 18:17 - Oct 30 by tractordownsouth

That is the Gold Standard for Banter Era Full Back performances.

During that match I thought Zeki was going to take a mask off at the end and reveal that he was in fact Noel Edmonds doing a "Gotcha!"
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 11:25 - Oct 31 with 1002 viewsMarkoW1

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 07:13 - Oct 31 by Chocorange

Penney Dreadful 🤔😜

Someone posted he looked ill, maybe he was as previously he’s been doing ok
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 11:29 - Oct 31 with 989 viewsMarkoW1

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 07:33 - Oct 31 by tractorshark

in fairness Penney’s done all right in other games but yesterday he was absolutely awful.
He did actually glance at the attacker before that cross came in for the goal so it wasn’t just a case of being oblivious to the danger.
I’m not sure why he didn’t attack the ball, it was a ridiculous decision.
But as others have said he was weak in the tackle in the first minute and that went on throughout the game.
I said to my son he goes in for a 50/50 almost hoping for a ricochet rather than actually committing to making a solid block. There were 2/3 occasions yesterday where that ended up with the attacker robbing him.
You can’t carry passengers in any position, let alone defence.
Hopefully this was just a nightmare day for him, like I say I think he’s done ok this season but, clearly, Coulson is the better player.
But I’d still take Penney over Kenlock any day. The luckiest professional footballer around, amazing how his stock rises the less he plays and yet no manager seems willing to play him.

Agree think it was just a bad day yesterday for Penney but I don’t get why people think Coulson is any better- he’s very injury prone ( think he’s only finished 1 game out of 5 hrs played)
Others played poor too yesterday first half
Thought Penney was better second half and tried to creat chances ( he actually won the corner in the first half that we scored from)
Onto Tuesday ….
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 11:41 - Oct 31 with 965 viewswkj

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 11:29 - Oct 31 by MarkoW1

Agree think it was just a bad day yesterday for Penney but I don’t get why people think Coulson is any better- he’s very injury prone ( think he’s only finished 1 game out of 5 hrs played)
Others played poor too yesterday first half
Thought Penney was better second half and tried to creat chances ( he actually won the corner in the first half that we scored from)
Onto Tuesday ….

I see that you took exception to a lot of what was said. I would like to clarify that I have been incredibly supportive of Penney, and do not think he's a bad player. However, because I do support the player and watch him fairly closely - I identify areas of opportunity in his game. So, speed and reaction speed are areas I see that would benefit him if he somehow honed.

That is the difference between constructive criticism and lazy criticism.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 12:53 - Oct 31 with 912 viewsMarkoW1

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 11:41 - Oct 31 by wkj

I see that you took exception to a lot of what was said. I would like to clarify that I have been incredibly supportive of Penney, and do not think he's a bad player. However, because I do support the player and watch him fairly closely - I identify areas of opportunity in his game. So, speed and reaction speed are areas I see that would benefit him if he somehow honed.

That is the difference between constructive criticism and lazy criticism.

Fair enough, constructive criticism on here though is lacking by many fans.
One week your a hero, the next a villain
Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 13:01 - Oct 31 with 894 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 12:53 - Oct 31 by MarkoW1

Fair enough, constructive criticism on here though is lacking by many fans.
One week your a hero, the next a villain

Look, Matt, you had a bad day at the office. We all move on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Absolutely pathetic from Penney on 13:06 - Oct 31 with 877 viewsistanblue

The one where he let the Plymouth player get through 1-on-1 was worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024