Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Park 18:33 - Oct 30 with 1227 viewsSharkey

I went to Home Park a couple of years ago, and thought it looked kind of like Portman Road, ( more from the outside than the inside) but put Portman R. to shame in terms of general upkeep. If you’ll excuse the kind of pun, Home Park looked ship-shape, and showed how shabby PR had become. Is that fair?
Home Park on 18:43 - Oct 30 with 1156 viewsPinewoodblue

It really isn’t anything like Portman Road.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Home Park on 18:50 - Oct 30 with 1116 viewstractordownsouth

It’s nothing like PR. 3 sides of it are like a smaller version of Pride Park, St Mary’s etc. The fourth stand is quite unique, doesn’t strike me as similar to another ground.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Home Park on 18:57 - Oct 30 with 1085 viewsSharkey

Home Park on 18:43 - Oct 30 by Pinewoodblue

It really isn’t anything like Portman Road.

Fair enough. To me it seemed to have stand of a similar vintage. I can’t claim to have been to loads of grounds recently.

Be interested to hear what the most similar ground to PR would be these days, in terms of architecture as much as of scale.
Home Park on 08:25 - Oct 31 with 548 viewsWubbleU

Home Park on 18:57 - Oct 30 by Sharkey

Fair enough. To me it seemed to have stand of a similar vintage. I can’t claim to have been to loads of grounds recently.

Be interested to hear what the most similar ground to PR would be these days, in terms of architecture as much as of scale.

Maybe Nottingham Forest has some similarities?
But if your looking for something which has been equally neglected only Roots Hall Southend just beats us.
Home Park on 08:50 - Oct 31 with 480 viewsSwansea_Blue

We’ve had something like 13 years of austerity, with the owner cutting costs and not seemingly caring about upkeep except where absolutely necessary. The new lot seemed quite shocked at the state of things and want to improve PR and the training ground, but it’s going to take time. Umm not surprised you think Home Park is in a better state.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024