Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now 21:17 - Oct 30 with 1497 viewsSomethingBlue

Today not a big deal on its own but we already have a lot of catching up to do and we need to show we can do something against these sides — which means it's non-negotiable that we get at least a couple of significant results in the next four. If we see ourselves among the contenders then we should be ensuring the margins go our way in a healthy number of those clashes. Anything else is simply not good enough.

Hopefully we get a couple of players back for Tuesday, but either way let's get Celina into that side and Coulson in at LB, where we need to hope he stays fit as he's a significant upgrade.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:37]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:20 - Oct 30 with 1271 viewschrismakin

I think it's the 7 points on 6th we need to claw back ASAP. Any after that is a bonus but we need to get into those playoffs by the new year.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:23 - Oct 30 with 1262 viewsitfcjoe

Huge pressure, or it’s just the same old failings of failing to get results against anyone half decent and this time with huge investment.

The start to the season has just been so poor there is just so much pressure on absolutely every game - it’s a really rubbish position to be in as going to take a long and sustained good run of form to even get into the top 6

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:25 - Oct 30 with 1248 viewsSomethingBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:23 - Oct 30 by itfcjoe

Huge pressure, or it’s just the same old failings of failing to get results against anyone half decent and this time with huge investment.

The start to the season has just been so poor there is just so much pressure on absolutely every game - it’s a really rubbish position to be in as going to take a long and sustained good run of form to even get into the top 6

Yes, and running the front runners close simply won't cut it over the next few weeks — sure you lose a few against those teams but if you're going to be anywhere near it you're winning a fair few as well. Not ideal to be in "no excuses" territory going into this lot but it's where we are because we cannot let this gap get any bigger.

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:31 - Oct 30 with 1206 viewsSomethingBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:20 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

I think it's the 7 points on 6th we need to claw back ASAP. Any after that is a bonus but we need to get into those playoffs by the new year.

Yep. Just can't let that gap grow, it'll be too much.

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:34 - Oct 30 with 1189 viewsgtsb1966

Couldn't agree more. That feeling of optimism after so long being in the doldrums is ebbing away.
Edit: I also feel the Wycombe game will be a lot harder than Plymouth.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:35]
Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:39 - Oct 30 with 1145 viewsChrisd

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:34 - Oct 30 by gtsb1966

Couldn't agree more. That feeling of optimism after so long being in the doldrums is ebbing away.

I agree about the Wycombe game. It will certainly be a different type of match, they’ll try and rough us up and be very direct with their football. These are the type of sides and style of play we’ve really struggled to cope with. However, we all live in hope.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:44 - Oct 30 with 1112 viewsKeaneish

It’s not as dramatic as that though is it? One week in this division can change everything. Sunderland conceded 9 in two games against Rotherham and Pompey; anything can happen.

Today isn’t even a setback in the grand scheme of things. I’m keeping ppg since Cambridge. After today we’re at 1.75 ppg. We need to be at 2pts which a win at Wycombe remedies

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:47 - Oct 30 with 1108 viewsSomethingBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:44 - Oct 30 by Keaneish

It’s not as dramatic as that though is it? One week in this division can change everything. Sunderland conceded 9 in two games against Rotherham and Pompey; anything can happen.

Today isn’t even a setback in the grand scheme of things. I’m keeping ppg since Cambridge. After today we’re at 1.75 ppg. We need to be at 2pts which a win at Wycombe remedies

But you're sort of accepting in that last point that a win at Wycombe has now become more pressing. Today is in isolation just one of those results that can go for you or not, no shame in it — but if we come out with four or five of those in the next month then we can kiss this season goodbye.

Login to get fewer ads

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:49 - Oct 30 with 1085 viewsFixed_It

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:34 - Oct 30 by gtsb1966

That optimism was there less than 12 hours ago. It eeally isn't as desperate as people make out.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:49 - Oct 30 with 1093 viewsStokieBlue

I think it's a tad unfair to look too much at todays result.

It's rubbish that we lost but we had an entirely makeshift flank which was exploited by the opposition. We should also have really at least have drawn the match, on another day Edwards, Bonne and Harper aren't missing those pretty easy chances.

I thought Celina looked good - first thought was to immediately attack and move forward. He has to play for me but I suspect I am in the minority there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:51 - Oct 30 with 1076 viewsSomethingBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:49 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

I think it's a tad unfair to look too much at todays result.

It's rubbish that we lost but we had an entirely makeshift flank which was exploited by the opposition. We should also have really at least have drawn the match, on another day Edwards, Bonne and Harper aren't missing those pretty easy chances.

I thought Celina looked good - first thought was to immediately attack and move forward. He has to play for me but I suspect I am in the minority there.

SB

No idea why you'd be in the minority re Celina — he is absolute class and we need to get him playing from the start in this division more or less every week, if we can't use him properly then that's on Cook.

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:51 - Oct 30 with 1071 viewsKeaneish

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:47 - Oct 30 by SomethingBlue

But you're sort of accepting in that last point that a win at Wycombe has now become more pressing. Today is in isolation just one of those results that can go for you or not, no shame in it — but if we come out with four or five of those in the next month then we can kiss this season goodbye.

No because that 2 pt average can be made up at any point, it doesn’t just have to be Tuesday night. If it is, fantastic. If not, we look to our home game.

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:53 - Oct 30 with 1064 viewsStokieBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:51 - Oct 30 by SomethingBlue

No idea why you'd be in the minority re Celina — he is absolute class and we need to get him playing from the start in this division more or less every week, if we can't use him properly then that's on Cook.

There is a vocal subset on here who think he's pretty rubbish.

If you look at peoples "preferred line-ups" he's frequently not in it. I do think he looks far better playing on the left.

SB
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:54]

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:53 - Oct 30 with 1059 viewsSomethingBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:51 - Oct 30 by Keaneish

No because that 2 pt average can be made up at any point, it doesn’t just have to be Tuesday night. If it is, fantastic. If not, we look to our home game.

And then we fall slightly short against a good Oxford side but show a few promising signs and ...

Bottom line — we have to start beating these teams very soon if we are to look remotely serious. I expect us to do so, but it has to happen.

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:54 - Oct 30 with 1050 viewsSomethingBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:53 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

If you look at peoples "preferred line-ups" he's frequently not in it. I do think he looks far better playing on the left.

SB

I've seen that but it's mainly from people whose football opinions really don't interest me at all.

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:54 - Oct 30 with 1042 viewsgtsb1966

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:49 - Oct 30 by Fixed_It

That optimism was there less than 12 hours ago. It eeally isn't as desperate as people make out.

That optimism came from the takeover and the start of the season. So far, and I mean so far, it's all a bit flat to be honest . Hopefully come May all will have come good.
Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:58 - Oct 30 with 1000 viewsKeaneish

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:53 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

SB

He was class today; flawless. Trouble is, he isn’t like that consistently enough.

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 22:00 - Oct 30 with 986 viewsSomethingBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:58 - Oct 30 by Keaneish

He was class today; flawless. Trouble is, he isn’t like that consistently enough.

He's only been back here five minutes and was rushed into the side with no pre-season, still managing to make three assists. Had a couple of quieter games but not sure where this myth about consistency comes from given the nonsensically small sample size.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 22:00]

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 22:00 - Oct 30 with 982 viewschrismakin

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:54 - Oct 30 by SomethingBlue

I've seen that but it's mainly from people whose football opinions really don't interest me at all.

Doesn't that go with PC too tho as he picks the side and celina doesn't start in it.

A fit celina goes on the left.

Today's cameo was much better.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 22:00 - Oct 30 with 979 viewsStokieBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 21:58 - Oct 30 by Keaneish

I'm not really sure you can draw that conclusion with regards to playing on the left as I believe he's played 10 minutes, 25 minutes and 30 minutes on the left and looked excellent all three times.

I think he has 2 assists and a goal from the above 3 cameos in that role.

That's not enough time to draw some a firm conclusion although if you were going to draw a conclusion from the above three samples it would be that he is consistently good on the left.

Edwards was actually decent on the right. Could end up being: Celina - Chaplin - Edwards/Burns.

SB
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 22:02]

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 22:03 - Oct 30 with 949 viewsElderGrizzly

7pts off playoffs again now and just 5 points off relegation zone.

I’m not suggesting we are getting relegated, but lose the majority of the next 4 he is in all sorts of a mess
Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 22:06 - Oct 30 with 916 viewsKeaneish

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 22:00 - Oct 30 by SomethingBlue

He's only been back here five minutes and was rushed into the side with no pre-season, still managing to make three assists. Had a couple of quieter games but not sure where this myth about consistency comes from given the nonsensically small sample size.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 22:00]

It comes from the fact that he’s a Premier League player playing at League One level who drifts in and out of games too much in the vast majority of his appearances.

He’s a shoe-in to start on the left for me over Edwards and it was a surprise he didn’t. I expect him to tear up this league when he gets prolonged back-to-back games. If he plays like today, he will. If he plays like he did last week, he won’t.

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 23:03 - Oct 30 with 700 viewsGarv

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 22:00 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

I'm not really sure you can draw that conclusion with regards to playing on the left as I believe he's played 10 minutes, 25 minutes and 30 minutes on the left and looked excellent all three times.

I think he has 2 assists and a goal from the above 3 cameos in that role.

That's not enough time to draw some a firm conclusion although if you were going to draw a conclusion from the above three samples it would be that he is consistently good on the left.

Edwards was actually decent on the right. Could end up being: Celina - Chaplin - Edwards/Burns.

SB
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 22:02]

Three assists.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 23:05 - Oct 30 with 675 viewsStokieBlue

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 23:03 - Oct 30 by Garv

Three assists.

In those 3 specific time frames I cited?

If so, then thanks for correcting.

SB

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 23:08 - Oct 30 with 625 viewsGarv

Bit of pressure on the Wycombe game now on 23:05 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

In those 3 specific time frames I cited?

If so, then thanks for correcting.

SB

Oh, maybe not. I'm just going off two assists against Donny and one at Accrington.

His numbers are promising though. We should get him into the team on a regular basis really.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024