Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Organ Donor Register 11:38 - Oct 31 with 2092 viewsKeno

just in case todays news makes you think you like to register here's the link

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/register-your-decision/
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 11:48]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Organ Donor Register on 11:48 - Oct 31 with 2032 viewsRyorry

May indeed put a special gloss on signing up for those who aren't already if they think of living on as Special K's liver!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Organ Donor Register on 12:20 - Oct 31 with 1979 viewsfooters

Thanks for that, Keno. I rarely have time to play mine these days so more than happy to sign up.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Organ Donor Register on 22:52 - Oct 31 with 1732 viewsBluedicea

The law changed on that last year, so now people no longer have to carry the card, everyone is now an organ donor, unless they specifically opt out or are in a group that is excluded due to medical reasons.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Organ Donor Register on 06:36 - Nov 1 with 1702 viewsKeno

Organ Donor Register on 22:52 - Oct 31 by Bluedicea

The law changed on that last year, so now people no longer have to carry the card, everyone is now an organ donor, unless they specifically opt out or are in a group that is excluded due to medical reasons.

Yes, but by registering you can made the process a lot easier for the medical staff and quicker for the recipient

Organ Donor Register on 12:31 - Nov 1 with 1616 viewsBluedicea

Organ Donor Register on 06:36 - Nov 1 by Keno

Yes, but by registering you can made the process a lot easier for the medical staff and quicker for the recipient

Also discussing with Family members, so they are aware of the choice helps speed it up greatly. One of the reasons for the change in law was down to the length of time it took family members to agree/disagree, which often left the organ donors organs unviable.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just deal with NHS a lot and know the IT system and records are only about 70% accurate and useful, still too many separate systems and paper records not being added. But like previously with the card, it will help more, as will telling family members.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Organ Donor Register on 14:13 - Nov 1 with 1558 viewsKeno

Organ Donor Register on 12:31 - Nov 1 by Bluedicea

Also discussing with Family members, so they are aware of the choice helps speed it up greatly. One of the reasons for the change in law was down to the length of time it took family members to agree/disagree, which often left the organ donors organs unviable.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just deal with NHS a lot and know the IT system and records are only about 70% accurate and useful, still too many separate systems and paper records not being added. But like previously with the card, it will help more, as will telling family members.

I didn't take it that you were, just setting it up for a point to be made!!

The point about discussing with family members is also very valid

Organ Donor Register on 17:57 - Nov 1 with 1508 viewsEdmundo

If I can piggy back on this, you can also donate stem cells or bone marrow whilst still alive (it's not as painful as you think): https://www.anthonynolan.org/help-save-a-life

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Organ Donor Register on 22:01 - Nov 2 with 1262 viewsChurchman

I don’t know what news you are referring to unless it’s KD, but organ donation is something I’ve been passionate about for many years and been on the list/carried the card etc. Ive never understood people’s reluctance tbh.

A chum of mine’s dad died after an accident at work a few years ago (a fall from a ladder) and carried a card. For my friend and her relations the fact that her dad was able to do so much for others was a sobering and major comfort. Something life changing fora number of people from something tragic.

It’s up to individuals, but it was a simple choice for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Organ Donor Register on 22:03 - Nov 2 with 1259 viewsKeno

Organ Donor Register on 22:01 - Nov 2 by Churchman

I don’t know what news you are referring to unless it’s KD, but organ donation is something I’ve been passionate about for many years and been on the list/carried the card etc. Ive never understood people’s reluctance tbh.

A chum of mine’s dad died after an accident at work a few years ago (a fall from a ladder) and carried a card. For my friend and her relations the fact that her dad was able to do so much for others was a sobering and major comfort. Something life changing fora number of people from something tragic.

It’s up to individuals, but it was a simple choice for me.

I posted this following KD's story breaking

Its a simple choice for me as well and I just wanted to give others something to think on

Organ Donor Register on 08:47 - Nov 4 with 1061 viewspegasus

I've only just found out about this on 'the Forum' (thanks for your email, Phil! - sent at 2.20 on Wednesday morning!) Yes. It's important that we keep the issue of organ donation on the agenda.I think that Ipswich Town just the right football club to do this.

Blog: Pegasus Reflects

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024