Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking 19:54 - Oct 31 with 721 viewsunstableblue

Superb film making and they got the book

Timothee Chalamet very strong

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 20:37 - Oct 31 with 668 viewsPippin1970

Cracking movie I agree. First half of movie character build up then second half pure action. Nice ending leading into part 2.
So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 22:24 - Oct 31 with 612 viewsunstableblue

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 20:37 - Oct 31 by Pippin1970

Cracking movie I agree. First half of movie character build up then second half pure action. Nice ending leading into part 2.

Visually stunning and superbly directed, his Blade Runner sequel also looked amazing, but lacked the story or characters

I almost preferred the slow build and dialogue of the first half

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 07:55 - Nov 1 with 519 viewswitchdoctor

I’ll have to give the book another go…tried reading it waaaay back and and couldn’t get on with it…
So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 09:16 - Nov 1 with 470 viewsnodge_blue

I might go today. Its quite long though isn't it? That duration needs a toilet break. Whatever happened to the interlude and ice creams?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 12:49 - Nov 1 with 413 viewsunstableblue

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 09:16 - Nov 1 by nodge_blue

I might go today. Its quite long though isn't it? That duration needs a toilet break. Whatever happened to the interlude and ice creams?

2.5hrs…. We need cornettos from a tray back at an interval!!

I was gripped throughout though, albeit one toilet break needed

Hope you enjoy

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 15:22 - Nov 1 with 377 viewsnodge_blue

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 12:49 - Nov 1 by unstableblue

2.5hrs…. We need cornettos from a tray back at an interval!!

I was gripped throughout though, albeit one toilet break needed

Hope you enjoy

Just back and it was very enjoyable. Hopefully I picked a toilet break when not much happened!

I cant really remember the original, but I assume the original didnt finish where this one did? And that there is going to be a part 2?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 15:37 - Nov 1 with 369 viewschicoazul

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 15:22 - Nov 1 by nodge_blue

Just back and it was very enjoyable. Hopefully I picked a toilet break when not much happened!

I cant really remember the original, but I assume the original didnt finish where this one did? And that there is going to be a part 2?

This film finishes half way through the first book. There is definitely a sequel confirmed now and they are doing a TV show about the Bene Gesserit. There is also talk that an adaptation of Messiah will happen if the sequel does as well as this one has. Messiah is a great book but not exactly action packed so it’ll be interesting to see it if it happens.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 15:51 - Nov 1 with 360 viewsDubtractor

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 15:37 - Nov 1 by chicoazul

This film finishes half way through the first book. There is definitely a sequel confirmed now and they are doing a TV show about the Bene Gesserit. There is also talk that an adaptation of Messiah will happen if the sequel does as well as this one has. Messiah is a great book but not exactly action packed so it’ll be interesting to see it if it happens.

I read God Emporor of Dune a couple of years ago, having read the 3 before previously, and goodness me that book is a slog. Makes Dune Messiah seem like a zack snyder film in comparison.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 17:29 - Nov 1 with 330 viewsstonojnr

So Dune then… have we had a thread? I thought breathtaking on 15:37 - Nov 1 by chicoazul

Part3 will be Messiah + Children of Dune, done in the same way the SciFi series did both books assuming we get there of course, but that then completes the story of Paul Atreides. I dont think theyll carry on as a franchise though with God Emperor it's very challenging to read even for Dune fans.

I know the tv series about the Bene Gesserit was announced but I've not seen/heard/read any sign lately its progressing at all, I mean sure they were probably waiting to see the reaction to the film, but theres been no casting announcements, no date for production to start let alone air dates, it's very quiet in Hollywood terms for something which will be a significant HBO show, of course it was announced before Discovery took over WarnerMedia so may it's on hold for now.

But literally there are half a dozen Star Trek & Star Wars shows that will never see the light of day that have had more info published about them than this series has
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024