Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cinema/Covid precautions 17:04 - Nov 1 with 1691 viewsGavTWTD

I don't feel that I'm ready to go back to the cinema as yet. In the past I've always managed to contract a cold whenever I've been so I'm not that keen to pick up something nastier just yet despite there being some decent films coming up.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Not had my booster yet which is due this month.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Cinema/Covid precautions on 17:09 - Nov 1 with 1651 viewsjas0999

Can’t say I’ve contracted a cold whenever I go to the cinema, but I’m also not ready to return to the cinema or theatre. Also not keen to travel by plane for quite some time.
Cinema/Covid precautions on 17:09 - Nov 1 with 1650 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Went to a cinema in Ipswich a month or two ago, after dinner the Greyhound.

It was dead. Not a dozen people in there, not sure if it has picked up since but this was a Friday night at 19:00 on the first showing of Free Guy so I expected it to be busier.

Perhaps it was my choice of film?
Cinema/Covid precautions on 17:12 - Nov 1 with 1632 viewsSitfcB

Cinema/Covid precautions on 17:09 - Nov 1 by BlueBlueBluex2

Went to a cinema in Ipswich a month or two ago, after dinner the Greyhound.

It was dead. Not a dozen people in there, not sure if it has picked up since but this was a Friday night at 19:00 on the first showing of Free Guy so I expected it to be busier.

Perhaps it was my choice of film?

I went Friday night just gone at Empire, not massive auditoriums but it was full, 19:30 showing of Bond.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cinema/Covid precautions on 17:19 - Nov 1 with 1594 viewsmarchy

I was nervous about going recently and resorted to waiting until the last possible second to book online so I could see how many seats were taken, which fortunately not many proved to be and I was able to sit a distance away from others. A bit disappointing that nobody else appeared to be wearing a mask despite the cinema's requests to do so, but overall it did feel a bit "safer" than I was expecting it might. With a booster on the horizon though, you're perhaps right to hang fire a bit longer.
Cinema/Covid precautions on 17:22 - Nov 1 with 1579 viewsgiant_stow

I went a week or so ago and it did feel a bit uncomfortable being sat in a packed cinema tbh. I kept my mask on apart from when scoffing popcorn, but I'd say only about a third of the crowd were also masked. Maybe a matinee would be nice an empty?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cinema/Covid precautions on 18:35 - Nov 1 with 1467 viewsfactual_blue

I'm going to the Wishbone Ash concert in The Apex on Wednesday. Old git heaven.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cinema/Covid precautions on 18:48 - Nov 1 with 1440 viewsTonytown

Cinema/Covid precautions on 17:22 - Nov 1 by giant_stow

I went a week or so ago and it did feel a bit uncomfortable being sat in a packed cinema tbh. I kept my mask on apart from when scoffing popcorn, but I'd say only about a third of the crowd were also masked. Maybe a matinee would be nice an empty?

This is the answer.

Had a few days off a couple of weeks ago & saw Bond at the local cinema in the afternoon.

About 10% full and very well spaced out.

Have been to 5 gigs in the last 10 days, 3 were OK with a fair bit of space, the other 2 were pretty busy though.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 23:55]
Cinema/Covid precautions on 18:52 - Nov 1 with 1428 viewsdickie

We went last week but deliberately chose a lunch time screening so that it would be quiet. We were 2 of about 8 people in there at Empire
Login to get fewer ads

Cinema/Covid precautions on 19:11 - Nov 1 with 1385 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Cinema/Covid precautions on 18:35 - Nov 1 by factual_blue

I'm going to the Wishbone Ash concert in The Apex on Wednesday. Old git heaven.

Was tempted to go and see that as haven't seen them for about 30 years, think Wisefield and Bolder were still in the band then.

Which incarnation of Wishbone Ash are you seeing?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Cinema/Covid precautions on 19:50 - Nov 1 with 1277 viewsfactual_blue

Cinema/Covid precautions on 19:11 - Nov 1 by StochesStotasBlewe

Was tempted to go and see that as haven't seen them for about 30 years, think Wisefield and Bolder were still in the band then.

Which incarnation of Wishbone Ash are you seeing?

The latest one?

I first saw them (and in fact for the only time) fifty years ago almost to the week. They were at the Rainbow with Mountain top of the bill.

TWTD

Cinema/Covid precautions on 19:59 - Nov 1 with 1253 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Cinema/Covid precautions on 19:50 - Nov 1 by factual_blue

The latest one?

I first saw them (and in fact for the only time) fifty years ago almost to the week. They were at the Rainbow with Mountain top of the bill.

TWTD

Andy Turner then.
Enjoy facters, bloody good live band.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Cinema/Covid precautions on 20:46 - Nov 1 with 1177 viewsElderGrizzly

Cineworld until Bond came out were still leaving 2 seats around you. They seem to have abandoned that now, so we personally have to avoid it due to Mrs G
Cinema/Covid precautions on 20:49 - Nov 1 with 1168 viewsfactual_blue

Cinema/Covid precautions on 19:59 - Nov 1 by StochesStotasBlewe

Andy Turner then.
Enjoy facters, bloody good live band.

Indeed, 'tis he.

Cinema/Covid precautions on 20:59 - Nov 1 with 1145 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Download the app for the cinema you want to go to and go through the booking process and find the showings with less than 20 people in, then choose seats we'll away from everyone else. Really simple!

I found it pretty emotional going back for the first time.
Cinema/Covid precautions on 21:58 - Nov 1 with 1081 viewsblueconscience

I risked my life to watch James Bond. It was pretty full and I am here to tell the story.

Just go and enjoy yourself, you only live once.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Cinema/Covid precautions on 22:00 - Nov 1 with 1065 viewsElderGrizzly

Cinema/Covid precautions on 21:58 - Nov 1 by blueconscience

I risked my life to watch James Bond. It was pretty full and I am here to tell the story.

Just go and enjoy yourself, you only live once.

Bond would argue twice…
Cinema/Covid precautions on 22:01 - Nov 1 with 1063 viewsJakeITFC

I actually went last year during the semi-lockdown bit where stuff like that was allowed with strict rules and enjoyed it - really empty screen, everyone in masks and no rattling of snacks and drinks to spoil the film.

Of my more recent visits it’s back to normal pretty much now; I’d recommend going at a quiet time if you are covid concerned because social distancing and mask wearing are all but gone from my experience of Cineworld Ipswich showings.
Cinema/Covid precautions on 22:01 - Nov 1 with 1056 viewsblueconscience

Cinema/Covid precautions on 22:00 - Nov 1 by ElderGrizzly

Bond would argue twice…

You got me there!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Cinema/Covid precautions on 22:13 - Nov 1 with 1014 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Went a couple of weeks ago for Bond.... early eve showing but still v empty. No concerns

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Cinema/Covid precautions on 23:29 - Nov 1 with 933 viewsfactual_blue

Cinema/Covid precautions on 22:00 - Nov 1 by ElderGrizzly

Bond would argue twice…

As Frankie Boyle observed tonight 'they found out Sean Connery was dead when he was shaken, but didn't stir.'

Cinema/Covid precautions on 23:33 - Nov 1 with 925 viewswkj

Having just tested positive tonight on an NHS home kit - I would honestly say be cautious when out and about. Mask wearing is particularly low in the 'healthy' age groups, and despite working behind Perspex and a mask myself - I am now in the 'self-isolation' club.

I'm fully vaccinated though, so I don't expect nasty complications but my chest and lungs are really painful from the cough - god only knows what it would be like without any antibodies running around my insides.

Do not recommend being anywhere near people who are without masks on at the moment.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 23:35]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024