Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Academy players who became successful in another sport. 10:56 - Nov 2 with 811 viewssolemio

A couple of players who were in our academy who did well - or in one case exceptionally well - came to mind.

Graham Napier who became a very useful one-day game player for Essex CCC.

Alex Goode of Saracens and England. He was the 2019 European Player of the Year.

I wonder whether others occur to any of our contributors with an encyclopaedic knowledge.

I am not expecting this to be a lemgthy thread!
Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 10:58 - Nov 2 with 787 viewsitfcjoe

Fabio Wardley was in the academy for a bit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 12:24 - Nov 2 with 683 viewsN2_Blue

Wasn't Ian Westlake an international water polo player? Might have been before rather than after football.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 12:30 - Nov 2 with 663 viewsclive_baker

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 12:24 - Nov 2 by N2_Blue

Wasn't Ian Westlake an international water polo player? Might have been before rather than after football.

He was a very good swimmer. He was a couple of years above me in the academy.

Supple went on to play Irish quidditch for a bit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 12:33 - Nov 2 with 651 viewsitfcjoe

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 12:30 - Nov 2 by clive_baker

He was a very good swimmer. He was a couple of years above me in the academy.

Supple went on to play Irish quidditch for a bit.

And beat Karen Pickering in a race

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 12:36 - Nov 2 with 642 viewsclive_baker

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 12:33 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

And beat Karen Pickering in a race

She’s got a better left foot though

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 13:28 - Nov 2 with 563 viewsSwansea_Blue

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 12:24 - Nov 2 by N2_Blue

Captain of England boys for water polo. BFJ reckoned he got his engine from swimming. He was the fittest or one of the fittest in the club apparently.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Academy players who became successful in another sport. on 16:39 - Nov 2 with 467 viewsglasso

He played for England for a bit. I was his teammate!

He wasn't captain, though.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 16:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024