Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burgess 21:48 - Nov 2 with 1089 viewsRobTheMonk

Third choice left back, but arguably has looked the best. Might have just played himself into that position there.
Burgess on 21:49 - Nov 2 with 1067 viewswkj

IMHO this makes him a better choice than Penney if he performs like this consistently.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Burgess on 21:54 - Nov 2 with 968 viewsbrushhand

totally agree, defends first, concentrates, gets ball to midfield and keeps it simple.
Burgess on 22:03 - Nov 2 with 894 viewsclive_baker

Excellent today, especially in the air which is always going to be needed against Wycombe. They had good quality on the left, so his defensive ability and strength in the air was really valuable today, he did very well. Thought KVY did on the other side too, especially offensively and off such a while out.

We won the game in the middle today, Evans & Morsy are quite the partnership and they really struggled to contain Celina, Burns and Edwards.

Still think we’re a little naive at times, going through the back of them in front of a referee who quite clearly loved the sound of his whistle. Think we gave away a lot of cheap freekicks and some of the defending was a little desperate at times, but no doubt we deserved it. That forward 4 we have plus Fraser, Chaplin and Piggot is so strong. It should, and probably will be 4 from those 7 every game if fit. Morsy and Evans centrally. Lovely.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Burgess on 22:05 - Nov 2 with 834 viewsDennyx4

Burgess on 22:03 - Nov 2 by clive_baker

Excellent today, especially in the air which is always going to be needed against Wycombe. They had good quality on the left, so his defensive ability and strength in the air was really valuable today, he did very well. Thought KVY did on the other side too, especially offensively and off such a while out.

We won the game in the middle today, Evans & Morsy are quite the partnership and they really struggled to contain Celina, Burns and Edwards.

Still think we’re a little naive at times, going through the back of them in front of a referee who quite clearly loved the sound of his whistle. Think we gave away a lot of cheap freekicks and some of the defending was a little desperate at times, but no doubt we deserved it. That forward 4 we have plus Fraser, Chaplin and Piggot is so strong. It should, and probably will be 4 from those 7 every game if fit. Morsy and Evans centrally. Lovely.

You forgot Aluko too - a real competition for places.
Burgess on 22:06 - Nov 2 with 819 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can I just check? We are now saying that our best defence is 4 big CBs? Donacien Edmundson Nsiala Burgess.

For what it's worth, I make you right! That said, I think KVY did well tonight and I have no problem with Coulsen at LB either.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Burgess on 22:06 - Nov 2 with 803 viewsHerbivore

He did a really good job defensively and it was a game that suited him in many ways but I have no desire to see Burgess turning out regularly for us at left back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Burgess on 22:07 - Nov 2 with 787 viewsEly_Blue

I thought the ref did well not to buy all of their antics in the 2nd half tbh

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Burgess on 22:08 - Nov 2 with 764 viewsreusersfreekicks

Aluko?
Edit - someone beat me to it
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:08]
Login to get fewer ads

Burgess on 22:10 - Nov 2 with 721 viewsDarth_Koont

Certainly makes sense against a team that’s going to chuck it up to the forwards most of the time. He’s ridiculously good in the air.

And did what he had to do on the ball too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Burgess on 22:11 - Nov 2 with 715 viewsPinewoodblue

Burgess on the left of a back three would work for me.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Burgess on 22:11 - Nov 2 with 703 viewsreusersfreekicks

Burgess on 22:10 - Nov 2 by Darth_Koont

Certainly makes sense against a team that’s going to chuck it up to the forwards most of the time. He’s ridiculously good in the air.

And did what he had to do on the ball too.

His passing going forward was ok too including a great pass to find Celina in the box
Burgess on 22:12 - Nov 2 with 689 viewsclive_baker

Burgess on 22:08 - Nov 2 by reusersfreekicks

Aluko?
Edit - someone beat me to it
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:08]

Yeah good point. 4 from 8. We’ve got really good strength there, I fear if either Morsy or Evans gets injured / suspended / AFCON etc but guess we’ll need to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Burgess on 22:13 - Nov 2 with 671 viewsreusersfreekicks

Burgess on 22:12 - Nov 2 by clive_baker

Yeah good point. 4 from 8. We’ve got really good strength there, I fear if either Morsy or Evans gets injured / suspended / AFCON etc but guess we’ll need to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Yep less confident re strength in depth for the 2 in front of the back 4
Burgess on 22:14 - Nov 2 with 644 viewsMullet

The move to a back three helped him too

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Burgess on 22:20 - Nov 2 with 577 viewsReuser_is_God

Burgess on 22:14 - Nov 2 by Mullet

Yes, apart from the fact we didn’t move to a back 3.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Burgess on 22:21 - Nov 2 with 539 viewsBloomBlue

When Mick Mills made the point about having 4 CHs on the pitch against a team like Lincoln who hoof it constantly can make a big difference he was laughed at. I think having 3 tonight also helped with defending the constant long ball Wycombe play.
Burgess on 22:21 - Nov 2 with 536 viewsPinewoodblue

Burgess on 22:20 - Nov 2 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, apart from the fact we didn’t move to a back 3.

KVY got forward more which, at times, made it look like a back three.

2023 year of destiny

Burgess on 22:24 - Nov 2 with 505 viewsReuser_is_God

Burgess on 22:21 - Nov 2 by Pinewoodblue

KVY got forward more which, at times, made it look like a back three.

But we didn’t switch to a back 3, we were 4231 all night. Just so happened that one full back is more attacking that the other.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:30]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Burgess on 22:25 - Nov 2 with 469 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Burgess on 22:06 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

He did a really good job defensively and it was a game that suited him in many ways but I have no desire to see Burgess turning out regularly for us at left back.

He looks more defensively solid than the others though. I’d rather have someone like him playing against the more direct sides in the division

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Burgess on 22:26 - Nov 2 with 442 viewsPinewoodblue

Burgess on 22:24 - Nov 2 by Reuser_is_God

But we didn’t switch to a back 3, we were 4231 all night. Just so happened that one full back is more attacking that the other.

4-2-3-2 gave us an unfair advantage.

2023 year of destiny

Burgess on 22:27 - Nov 2 with 427 viewsreusersfreekicks

Burgess on 22:14 - Nov 2 by Mullet

Must have missed that looked like back 4 with Burns for KVY at end
Burgess on 22:29 - Nov 2 with 400 viewsMullet

Burgess on 22:27 - Nov 2 by reusersfreekicks

Must have missed that looked like back 4 with Burns for KVY at end

I thought Burns was way further forward and Burgess tucked in because of how they attacked us. Might just be the natural instincts of those two that made it look that way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Burgess on 22:30 - Nov 2 with 369 viewsWicklowBlue

Burgess on 22:24 - Nov 2 by Reuser_is_God

So we either conned the 4th official (which wouldn't be hard) with 11 outfield players or we didn't have a keeper.

Just being pendatic, who cares great result! Let's kick on from this.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024