Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year 21:03 - Nov 3 with 3155 viewsvilanovablue

Which is pretty mental really. It was September 97 when I started working in London. Seen a lot of weird stuff on here over the years.
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 21:10 - Nov 3 with 1769 viewsSteve_M

I’ve got another couple of years on that but, yes, definitely.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 21:35 - Nov 3 with 1724 viewsvilanovablue

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 21:10 - Nov 3 by Steve_M

I’ve got another couple of years on that but, yes, definitely.

Dial up, we've come along way as I send this from my telephone 😂😂😂
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 22:26 - Nov 3 with 1679 viewsKeno

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 21:35 - Nov 3 by vilanovablue

Dial up, we've come along way as I send this from my telephone 😂😂😂

Try explaining dial up to your kids!!

Technology is such that I can dump crap on here while dumping crap

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 22:35 - Nov 3 with 1671 viewsbluefunk

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 22:26 - Nov 3 by Keno

Pages taking a couple of minutes to load, but on the other hand trolls weren’t a thing
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 22:42 - Nov 3 with 1649 viewsfooters

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Best wishes in your (eventual) recovery.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 22:54 - Nov 3 with 1634 viewsvilanovablue

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 22:26 - Nov 3 by Keno

When they are moaning about how awful the WiFi is!
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 23:08 - Nov 3 with 1613 viewsBlueBadger

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 22:35 - Nov 3 by bluefunk

Pages taking a couple of minutes to load, but on the other hand trolls weren’t a thing

Mate, Newmarket Blue and Pundit were at their peak late 90's to mid noughties, if we're talking trolls...
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 8:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 23:14 - Nov 3 with 1595 viewsXYZ

Siri - insert traditional TWTD Hotel California joke.
Login to get fewer ads

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 01:15 - Nov 4 with 1522 viewsParisBlue

I remember I was working in Amsterdam and changed my flight home to go to Southampton as we were playing Portsmouth that night. Must have been April 1997.

This board named a pre-match pub. I can't recall the name of it, but there were 2 pubs of the same name and the one we went to was rough as.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 02:26 - Nov 4 with 1494 viewswkj

Im 10 years on the forums, but for many years before that was on the comment section. TWTD was as much a part of the ITFC life for me as the club was.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 03:36 - Nov 4 with 1483 viewsRyorry

ITFC club site, then this place, were the first two sites I ever saw - 1997 iirc - when a couple of friends visited & set up the internet for me on an Amstrad (? I think) desktop I'd bought. You should have seen the look on my face when the image of PR, complete with Pioneer Stand, came up in glorious technicolour - couldn't believe it, completely awestruck!

Dial up - pah - did-did-do-de-dud-dud-did - often only to get the engaged signal - keeping trying for 30+ mins, then when you did get one it'd often drop out again after 2 mins. I seem to remember speeds of 28Kb/sec!! not to mention some huge phone bills.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 04:57 - Nov 4 with 1464 viewsIPS_wich

I was thinking that the other day - I started in September 96 - at Uni when I was doing my post grad and we had 90 minutes access a day to the computers that were connected to the internet (as opposed to most computers that were just on the uni intranet). I probably spent 60-70 of my daily minutes on TWTD rather than doing research!!

I've had five usernames in the time: LancasterBlue; EalingBlue, BasingstokeBlue, FleetBlue and then my current one (when I moved back to Kesgrave in 2005 for a year there was already a KesgraveBlue).

Things I remember most from back in the day:

- When Ullaa joined and just got pelted for weeks because he was a budgie - but I'm so glad he stuck with the Board - made me realise that there is always an exception to every rule and that it is possible to be a good guy and support Norwich.
- The Rivals board and the fiasco of moving to a new host.
- Following the Ipswich vs Bolton second leg through the forum because I was working up in Yorkshire and couldn't get back to Suffolk - hitting F5 in hope we could equalise and not really believing it when 'MAGILTON!!!!!!' suddenly popped up.
- The Ian Harte / Marcus Stewart sending off incident and our genuine belief that we could somehow organise a protest that would make a difference (how naive).

And bizarrely, having started my first job back in 1998 there was this thread about Capybaras (a large South American rodent) with a load of photoshopped pictures of said rodents - leading me to trying to explain to my new colleagues why I was crying with laughter at something on a football forum (I can still picture the 'Commando Capybara' today)
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 06:27 - Nov 4 with 1435 viewsstickymockwell

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 23:08 - Nov 3 by BlueBadger

Mate, Newmarket Blue and Pundit were at their peak late 90's to mid noughties, if we're talking trolls...

And not forgetting our budgie trolls Crafty Canary and Ricky Bilverstone! They were tosspots.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 07:27 - Nov 4 with 1377 viewsbluefunk

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 23:08 - Nov 3 by BlueBadger

Ah Newmie, whatever happened to him, what’s his username now I wonder, and I think Pundit has had several since
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 7:28]
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 07:42 - Nov 4 with 1354 viewsblueysbackside

Nice one! And what a belter of a site it was back then. Not like now unfortunately
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 08:31 - Nov 4 with 1319 viewsBlueBadger

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 07:27 - Nov 4 by bluefunk

Ah Newmie, whatever happened to him, what’s his username now I wonder, and I think Pundit has had several since
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 7:28]

Pundit is currently residing under the username of Elephantintheroom.

Probably.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:27 - Nov 4 with 1248 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think I was '97 too. It's when I started out in the real world and realised it was more fun being on a football forum than dealing with clients. Can't remember my original user name though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:36 - Nov 4 with 1243 viewsbluefunk

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 08:31 - Nov 4 by BlueBadger

Pundit is currently residing under the username of Elephantintheroom.

Probably.

I don’t want to name him, but (allegedly) the posting style and opinions show a remarkable similarity

Edited for spelling
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 9:37]
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:39 - Nov 4 with 1241 viewsPhilTWTD

Congratulations on your TWTD anniversary. Your silver membership certificate should be with you soon.
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:45 - Nov 4 with 1224 viewsnodge_blue

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:39 - Nov 4 by PhilTWTD

Congratulations on your TWTD anniversary. Your silver membership certificate should be with you soon.

What about for people who've had an old username / account. I hope you are going to seamlessly patch those altogether Phil and get their certificates out too !!

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:47 - Nov 4 with 1196 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 22:35 - Nov 3 by bluefunk

Eh?

"I'm Squatting Neville and I like to squat!

OTBC"

Posted day after day after day...
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:47 - Nov 4 with 1196 viewsXYZ

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:39 - Nov 4 by PhilTWTD

Printed on the front wing of a second-hand Audi.
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:56 - Nov 4 with 1176 viewsbluefunk

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:47 - Nov 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

Eh?

"I'm Squatting Neville and I like to squat!

OTBC"

Posted day after day after day...

Yeah, fair point, I went all nostalgic for a minute and forgot reality, which has been a good place to be as a Town fan for a good part of the TWTD era
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 10:12 - Nov 4 with 1138 viewsWD19

Same. Terrifying really.....
Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 10:15 - Nov 4 with 1122 viewsSteve_M

Just realised I've now been posting on this site for 25 year on 09:56 - Nov 4 by bluefunk

Yeah, fair point, I went all nostalgic for a minute and forgot reality, which has been a good place to be as a Town fan for a good part of the TWTD era

Had you said there were fewer fkwits back in the day then that might have been a fairer point. I suppose that's why we have news comments now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024