Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stunning hypocrisy 08:11 - Nov 4 with 1428 viewsStokieBlue

Even for Boris, this is rubbish:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/03/johnson-takes-private-jet-from-

Spend the week pretending he's cares about climate change and then take a private jet from Glasgow to London to go to a men's only private members club with some outspoken climate change sceptics.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:32 - Nov 4 with 1132 viewshomer_123

Oh - that's wonderful!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:32 - Nov 4 with 1134 viewsSwansea_Blue

Too many people don’t care sadly. They don’t care about climate change and our environment, and they don’t care that our government is failing, lies to us daily and is corrupt. Boris won’t take this issue seriously in the same way he takes nothing seriously (except self gratification).

Haven’t they just gone up a couple of points in the polls (May have been before this week)? Madness.

Talking of which I see that the Greens are polling better than the Lib Dem’s these days. I hadn’t realised how far the LDs had fallen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:38 - Nov 4 with 1130 viewsNthQldITFC

“The prime minister travelled on one of the most carbon-efficient planes of its size in the world, using the most sustainable aviation fuel possible. The UK will be offsetting all carbon emissions associated with running Cop26, including travel.”

Well that's alright then.

I hereby withdraw my attempted objectivity the other day when I said he had given a good speech. I hereby affirm that he is unmitigated tw*t, which I should of course have known all along.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:45 - Nov 4 with 1092 viewsGuthrum

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:32 - Nov 4 by Swansea_Blue

Too many people don’t care sadly. They don’t care about climate change and our environment, and they don’t care that our government is failing, lies to us daily and is corrupt. Boris won’t take this issue seriously in the same way he takes nothing seriously (except self gratification).

Haven’t they just gone up a couple of points in the polls (May have been before this week)? Madness.

Talking of which I see that the Greens are polling better than the Lib Dem’s these days. I hadn’t realised how far the LDs had fallen.

People like to be told that things are comfortable and nice, that we are heading towards 'sunlit uplands', that they can keep their money to spend on toys and holidays. They's rather bury their heads against uncomfortable realities, especially ones where the impact is not yet being seriously felt (But hasn't the weather been terrible lately? And I see the prices in Tesco have gone up again!).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:49 - Nov 4 with 1064 viewsGuthrum

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:38 - Nov 4 by NthQldITFC

“The prime minister travelled on one of the most carbon-efficient planes of its size in the world, using the most sustainable aviation fuel possible. The UK will be offsetting all carbon emissions associated with running Cop26, including travel.”

Well that's alright then.

I hereby withdraw my attempted objectivity the other day when I said he had given a good speech. I hereby affirm that he is unmitigated tw*t, which I should of course have known all along.

What, a glider??

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:51 - Nov 4 with 1046 viewsHerbivore

The disconnect between their words and actions is stark and this is a perfect example of it. I despaired the other day when Liz Truss was on TV and they asked whether she'd recommend that people cut down on eating meat and rather than replying "Yes, the science says this is one quick and easy step we can take to reduce our carbon footprint" she instead gave some waffle about how farmers needed to just farm differently and that people essentially don't need to make lifestyle changes. That's just b0llocks and completely goes against the science on food production and climate change.

I think on some level they want to address climate change there's not much money to be made in natural disasters and mass deaths, but they don't want to have to do anything that would be a minor inconvenience for them, their donors, or their voters. Johson flew from Glasgow much as he flew to Cornwall not long back, both journeys easily doable by train. There's no excuse for it and it sends out a terrible message that actually if its inconvenient we don't really need to make any sacrifices, we can just carry on as usual and hope for some miraculous scientific breakthrough to pull us out of the wreckage.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:58 - Nov 4 with 1017 viewsHackneyblueboy

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:51 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

The disconnect between their words and actions is stark and this is a perfect example of it. I despaired the other day when Liz Truss was on TV and they asked whether she'd recommend that people cut down on eating meat and rather than replying "Yes, the science says this is one quick and easy step we can take to reduce our carbon footprint" she instead gave some waffle about how farmers needed to just farm differently and that people essentially don't need to make lifestyle changes. That's just b0llocks and completely goes against the science on food production and climate change.

I think on some level they want to address climate change there's not much money to be made in natural disasters and mass deaths, but they don't want to have to do anything that would be a minor inconvenience for them, their donors, or their voters. Johson flew from Glasgow much as he flew to Cornwall not long back, both journeys easily doable by train. There's no excuse for it and it sends out a terrible message that actually if its inconvenient we don't really need to make any sacrifices, we can just carry on as usual and hope for some miraculous scientific breakthrough to pull us out of the wreckage.

Is there anyone on this board who actually votes Tory and can justify it. Probably shouldn't go down this rabbit hole but I actually can't compute how anyone can vote for these people who have utter contempt for everything other than what's in their personal interests. Liars the lot of them.
Stunning hypocrisy on 09:01 - Nov 4 with 1004 viewsHerbivore

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:58 - Nov 4 by Hackneyblueboy

Is there anyone on this board who actually votes Tory and can justify it. Probably shouldn't go down this rabbit hole but I actually can't compute how anyone can vote for these people who have utter contempt for everything other than what's in their personal interests. Liars the lot of them.

The only justification I've seen is along the lines of "but Labour". No positive reasons have been put forward for voting for these crooks and charlatans.

Login to get fewer ads

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic (n/t) on 09:02 - Nov 4 with 997 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:03 - Nov 4 with 996 viewsNthQldITFC

Stunning hypocrisy on 08:45 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

People like to be told that things are comfortable and nice, that we are heading towards 'sunlit uplands', that they can keep their money to spend on toys and holidays. They's rather bury their heads against uncomfortable realities, especially ones where the impact is not yet being seriously felt (But hasn't the weather been terrible lately? And I see the prices in Tesco have gone up again!).

I totally agree, but I do think that there is a growing awareness (certainly less denialism around these days, hardly ever hear it), but it's nowhere near the overwhelming concern of the majority yet, which it needs to be, and which it inevitably will be, but just way too late.

I suspect that a lot of folk who don't outwardly talk about or face up to the issue, are repressing their thoughts because of fears for themselves or their children (it's not your children's children any more!). But it won't go away on its own - better to face those fears and see if you can do something to make a bit of a difference.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:07 - Nov 4 with 976 viewsXYZ

There's plenty. Every tory is a shy tory these days.

Blatant bare-faced 3-line whipped corruption and no mea culpas.

Chaos under Ed Miliband, please.
Stunning hypocrisy on 09:11 - Nov 4 with 954 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

There's a couple of certain posters who'd be up bright and early and all over this like cheap suits if Corbyn had done this. Yet they're strangely nowhere to be seen.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:14 - Nov 4 with 943 viewsBlueBadger

They can. They just don't want to admit that for them, the corruption, open bigotry and spitefulness are features, not bugs because it would rather let slip the mask of 'well, I'm debating politely here, stop using nasty words' they like to trot out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:16 - Nov 4 with 937 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:14 - Nov 4 by BlueBadger

They can. They just don't want to admit that for them, the corruption, open bigotry and spitefulness are features, not bugs because it would rather let slip the mask of 'well, I'm debating politely here, stop using nasty words' they like to trot out.

I think some see corruption, open bigotry and spitefulness as cheeky affectations.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:19 - Nov 4 with 931 viewsBlueBadger

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:16 - Nov 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think some see corruption, open bigotry and spitefulness as cheeky affectations.

I believe the technical term is 'owning the libs'.

Never mind that it actively hurts them more than it does, say, me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:20 - Nov 4 with 920 viewsGuthrum

Personal interest is king. We've had individualism drummed into us for decades now, "society" is a dirty word.

The rebellion against unquestioned authority and social collectivism, which began in the 1950s, was a necessary adjustment, a relaxation from the exigencies of wartime. However, IMO, it has been carried too far. "Greed is good" was a parody, but self interest has become the cornerstone of economic and political philosophy, to the point where it is undermining the very basis of human civilisation - cooperation.

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic ( on 09:23 - Nov 4 with 900 viewsSwansea_Blue

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic (n/t) on 09:02 - Nov 4 by unstableblue

Bananas are less bent!

Talking of bananas, what happened to the good old banana split? Maybe it's a Welsh thing, but I haven't seen them around for years.

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic ( on 09:25 - Nov 4 with 889 viewsHerbivore

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic ( on 09:23 - Nov 4 by Swansea_Blue

Bananas are less bent!

Talking of bananas, what happened to the good old banana split? Maybe it's a Welsh thing, but I haven't seen them around for years.

We learned how to make genuinely good desserts.

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:25 - Nov 4 with 891 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:20 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

Personal interest is king. We've had individualism drummed into us for decades now, "society" is a dirty word.

The rebellion against unquestioned authority and social collectivism, which began in the 1950s, was a necessary adjustment, a relaxation from the exigencies of wartime. However, IMO, it has been carried too far. "Greed is good" was a parody, but self interest has become the cornerstone of economic and political philosophy, to the point where it is undermining the very basis of human civilisation - cooperation.

I've always thought Maggie was the chief architect of personal interest, but was she just riding a bit of a wave?

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic ( on 09:38 - Nov 4 with 843 viewsleitrimblue

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic ( on 09:23 - Nov 4 by Swansea_Blue

Bananas are less bent!

Was always a poor man's Knickerbocker glory
Stunning hypocrisy on 09:39 - Nov 4 with 846 viewsGuthrum

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:25 - Nov 4 by Swansea_Blue

I've always thought Maggie was the chief architect of personal interest, but was she just riding a bit of a wave?

Something of a facilitator in the UK, but by no means the originator. The theories behind Thatcherism had already gained considerable traction in the US. Much of the drive in that direction has happened since 1990.

Always got the impression she personally had a strong sense of social duty.

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic ( on 09:43 - Nov 4 with 834 viewsSwansea_Blue

Reee-di-culous... also this sleaze commission change is like a banana republic ( on 09:25 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

We learned how to make genuinely good desserts.

Oh yeah! Very 70s innit. There's a cafe in Swansea called The Kardomah that's stuck in a bit of a time warp, I bet I could get one there together with a milky instant coffee in a teacup. (It's a place worth hunting down for a pre-match brunch/lunch when we play down here again next season).

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:48 - Nov 4 with 822 viewseastangliaisblue

I have done in the past, I didn't vote for them in the last election though. In fact I would never vote for them again, not a chance. They are nothing but a bunch of self-serving, lying, corrupt, criminals.
Stunning hypocrisy on 09:53 - Nov 4 with 792 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:48 - Nov 4 by eastangliaisblue

I have done in the past, I didn't vote for them in the last election though. In fact I would never vote for them again, not a chance. They are nothing but a bunch of self-serving, lying, corrupt, criminals.

I voted for one once, and then he was jailed for defrauding the public in the expenses scandal. He's still in the Lords of course.

Stunning hypocrisy on 09:54 - Nov 4 with 786 viewsBasuco

It is as if Greta Thunberg thought of Boris Johnson when coming up with the sound bite "blar blar, blar. This is exactly what he does all the time, make a speech and do the opposite or know what he is saying is complete rubbish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024