Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this is the month isn't it 10:53 - Nov 4 with 1019 viewsDyland

Three eye catching results in the last five odd weeks, and if we are to have a chance this season now is the time to make it the norm rather than eye catching.

We don't NEED to win all our November league games but if we have truly turned a corner (and I think we have) we should fear no one. Rotherham looks the toughest of this tricky run but it's at home and if we DO get wins in the next two (league) we will be a very tough proposition for them.

Yeh I know Cook (and anyone sensible) will take it one game at a time, but fook that.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

this is the month isn't it on 10:56 - Nov 4 with 992 viewsHerbivore

Time to get HMS Pisstheleague out of dry dock.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

this is the month isn't it on 11:03 - Nov 4 with 970 viewsBlueBadger

this is the month isn't it on 10:56 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

Time to get HMS Pisstheleague out of dry dock.

Does have the feeling something genuinely starting to shift rather than the now traditional ITFC run of more false dawns than a 'The Office' themed fancy dress party.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

this is the month isn't it on 11:17 - Nov 4 with 928 viewsChudleighgreen

this is the month isn't it on 11:03 - Nov 4 by BlueBadger

Does have the feeling something genuinely starting to shift rather than the now traditional ITFC run of more false dawns than a 'The Office' themed fancy dress party.

Argyle fan here. After your visit to HP I posted on here that I was sure you’d make the play-offs at least. Most replies were along the lines of ‘don’t be daft’, but I think the WW performance makes my point.
this is the month isn't it on 11:27 - Nov 4 with 874 viewsCoastalblue

this is the month isn't it on 11:03 - Nov 4 by BlueBadger

There surely has to come a point when all those false dawns start to come together more regularly and eventually turn into a real one?

I'm very much a cynic these days, especially with ITFC, been let down so many times over the years, but am slowly starting to feel some hope. Not convinced we'll go up this season by any stretch, but it would no longer shock me, more a pleasant surprise.

Logic would suggest by any reasoning with all that has gone on here over the last few months the sun has to rise at some point, but, this is ITFC, logic seems to go out of the window.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

this is the month isn't it on 11:37 - Nov 4 with 830 viewsusm

Morning Dyllers, YFI.

Calm yourself man. Best we can realistically hope for is playoffs - which will be one helluva achievement given our start to the season. Then it s a bit of a lottery. I think we'll make the playoffs - we are certainly "good" enough. Whether we then go up is a bit less than the toss of a coin.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

this is the month isn't it on 11:42 - Nov 4 with 808 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In order to capitalise on Tuesdays win, we need to get another win in one of our next two matches. 4 points would be a good return.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

this is the month isn't it on 11:43 - Nov 4 with 778 viewsWD19

this is the month isn't it on 11:37 - Nov 4 by usm

Morning Dyllers, YFI.

Calm yourself man. Best we can realistically hope for is playoffs - which will be one helluva achievement given our start to the season. Then it s a bit of a lottery. I think we'll make the playoffs - we are certainly "good" enough. Whether we then go up is a bit less than the toss of a coin.

Yep, by any reasonable measure we need to average a minimum of 2 points a game from here on in to make the play offs. The good news and the bad news is that we still have to play most of the teams at the top twice between now and the end of the season.
this is the month isn't it on 11:44 - Nov 4 with 764 viewsHerbivore

this is the month isn't it on 11:27 - Nov 4 by Coastalblue

There surely has to come a point when all those false dawns start to come together more regularly and eventually turn into a real one?

I'm very much a cynic these days, especially with ITFC, been let down so many times over the years, but am slowly starting to feel some hope. Not convinced we'll go up this season by any stretch, but it would no longer shock me, more a pleasant surprise.

Logic would suggest by any reasoning with all that has gone on here over the last few months the sun has to rise at some point, but, this is ITFC, logic seems to go out of the window.

The Wycombe performance should give cause for optimism. This will upset some, but our two other big wins this season came against sides who were hopeless in the night. Donny and Pompey were toothless and seemed to have no interest in stopping us from playing either. We fully exploited that and made them look even worse than they were. They were still good performances but did they show we'd addressed some of our weaknesses? Not really, no.

Against Wycombe we had to survive real pressure, which we didn't do brilliantly at first, but once we got in front we withstood the pressure well. Sure we rode our luck a couple of times, but the defence and the keeper also stood up to the challenge. And we showed the same ruthlessness in attack that we did against Donny and Pompey. It's keeping that solidity under pressure that we've struggled with and Wycombe is the first time we've passed that test really. That's the standard we have to maintain but at least we've now shown we can reach that standard. Still a big few games to come, we've got to keep up the momentum and can't afford to back slide, but if we keep up 2 points per game between now and January we'll be right in the mix.

Login to get fewer ads

this is the month isn't it on 11:52 - Nov 4 with 702 viewsCotty

Somebody says this every single month/week!
this is the month isn't it on 11:58 - Nov 4 with 680 viewsHerbivore

this is the month isn't it on 11:52 - Nov 4 by Cotty

Somebody says this every single month/week!

On a long enough timeline one of them will eventually be right.

this is the month isn't it on 12:04 - Nov 4 with 652 viewsChurchman

this is the month isn't it on 11:44 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

The Wycombe performance should give cause for optimism. This will upset some, but our two other big wins this season came against sides who were hopeless in the night. Donny and Pompey were toothless and seemed to have no interest in stopping us from playing either. We fully exploited that and made them look even worse than they were. They were still good performances but did they show we'd addressed some of our weaknesses? Not really, no.

Against Wycombe we had to survive real pressure, which we didn't do brilliantly at first, but once we got in front we withstood the pressure well. Sure we rode our luck a couple of times, but the defence and the keeper also stood up to the challenge. And we showed the same ruthlessness in attack that we did against Donny and Pompey. It's keeping that solidity under pressure that we've struggled with and Wycombe is the first time we've passed that test really. That's the standard we have to maintain but at least we've now shown we can reach that standard. Still a big few games to come, we've got to keep up the momentum and can't afford to back slide, but if we keep up 2 points per game between now and January we'll be right in the mix.

I am hoping it’s a bit of a watershed game.

I think your second paragraph is the key. It’s one thing thinking you’ve got the best players/team, can deal with pressure from the better sides etc, but it another actually doing it. They not only managed the second half of the game, but tore a top two team a new one - at home.

They know they can do it now, so why not repeat it? Or at the very least maintain that level of intensity and have them worrying about us rather than visa versa. There are some challenging games in the next few weeks and given our improving form, they just might be coming up at the right time for us.
this is the month isn't it on 13:37 - Nov 4 with 559 viewsDyland

this is the month isn't it on 11:37 - Nov 4 by usm

Morning Dyllers, YFI.

Mornin ysc... we'll win the playoffs innit

this is the month isn't it on 13:39 - Nov 4 with 555 viewsDyland

this is the month isn't it on 11:58 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

On a long enough timeline one of them will eventually be right.

It's gonna be me, ME I tell yers.

For clarity, I didn't mean this is the month we cement a ten game winning streak, more that it's crunch time and will define our season.

And yeh I get that we can have a stumble next few games and still make playoffs, or indeed win all Nov games and then tank and finish 14th.

Meh :)

all good points on 13:42 - Nov 4 with 539 viewsDyland

this is the month isn't it on 11:44 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

nft

this is the month isn't it on 13:44 - Nov 4 with 539 viewsDyland

this is the month isn't it on 12:04 - Nov 4 by Churchman

I am hoping it’s a bit of a watershed game.

I think your second paragraph is the key. It’s one thing thinking you’ve got the best players/team, can deal with pressure from the better sides etc, but it another actually doing it. They not only managed the second half of the game, but tore a top two team a new one - at home.

They know they can do it now, so why not repeat it? Or at the very least maintain that level of intensity and have them worrying about us rather than visa versa. There are some challenging games in the next few weeks and given our improving form, they just might be coming up at the right time for us.

Indeed.

As we lose Bonne and Celina.

ffs

meh... COYFB

:)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024