Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is our most important player? 18:31 - Nov 4 with 3165 viewsTractorFrog

Or to put the question another way, if Cook were to tell us tomorrow that one player from the squad had suffered a terrible injury and would be out for the season, who would you be most anxiously hoping it was not? I think our best player this season has definitely been Macauley Bonne, but I wouldn't pick him as the most important as I also rate Joe Pigott very highly and think he could replace Bonne and the team wouldn't drop in quality by much. Similarly, Burns, Celina and Chaplin aren't a huge amount better than Aluko, Fraser and Edwards, and Donacien isn't a huge amount better than Vincent-Young. For me, the player we would most miss would be Sam Morsy, as he is the most important part of the team and we improved massively when he joined. He would be my pick, and he also plays a role as club captain. Second would probably be George Edmundson, as I think we would struggle defensively without him. What do you think?

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Who is our most important player? on 18:38 - Nov 4 with 1998 viewsLeBlue

Morsy. 100%.

Second for me would be Walton, seems to instill a lot more belief than H or H.

I’m pretty confident everyone else seem to have a more than able deputy, even if playing out of position eg Burgess on Tuesday who I thought was excellent.
Who is our most important player? on 18:42 - Nov 4 with 1986 viewsDarth_Koont

I’d agree with that. Pigott might need some time to settle (on a side note, I’d like to see him brought on occasionally behind Bonne if Chaplin isn’t around and Bonne is too isolated on his own) but would do a good job for us, I’m sure.

But yeah, there’s no-one who can really do Morsy’s job (El Miz the closest but he’s still more of an all-rounder like Evans and Harper). And Edmundson has been the most confident and effective CB, and pretty much the anchor of any partnership.

They, along with Donacien, have been the foundation of our stronger performances and results since Bolton.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who is our most important player? on 18:52 - Nov 4 with 1956 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Morsy by far.

We hadn't had a skipper for many years. This club/team badly needed one and in him we seem to have a proper one. Proper leadership on the pitch.

Doing a dirty job in midfield too and when he has the ball in the middle his intention is to go forward. No pointless sideways or backwards passing.

His performance against Wycombe was second to none. What a contrast to anything we had seen in our midfield in the recent years.
Who is our most important player? on 18:55 - Nov 4 with 1942 viewsIllinoisblue

Walton. He has a presence our other keepers simply don’t have.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who is our most important player? on 19:26 - Nov 4 with 1869 viewschrismakin

Aluko

His presence in training alone helps on so many levels.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Who is our most important player? on 19:28 - Nov 4 with 1869 viewsKropotkin123

Walton for me. Although I'm watching from afar.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Who is our most important player? on 19:29 - Nov 4 with 1866 viewsArnieM

Morsy…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Who is our most important player? on 19:41 - Nov 4 with 1824 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sam Morsy. We don't have anyone else like him. Every other position is covered.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Who is our most important player? on 19:43 - Nov 4 with 1817 viewsdominiciawful

Bailey Clements

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Who is our most important player? on 19:50 - Nov 4 with 1806 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

I might be going against the grain here, but I'm going for Sam Morsy.
Who is our most important player? on 20:14 - Nov 4 with 1752 viewsBluearmy71

It is no coincidence that when Sam Morsy came into the side we improved but really he is a one position player, I personally think that a versatile player is a bigger loss and that has to be Wes Burns for me, he can play and do a really decent job as right back, right midfield and as a striker or right wing if needed.

But it is a very very close call between those two for me, but a team without either is simply not the done thing regarding Ipswich Town nowadays don't ya know!!!!

Slightly away from the OP's question but bloody hell I don't have get excited when I think of just how good this team of ours can become!!
Who is our most important player? on 20:29 - Nov 4 with 1709 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwood. It’s a selfless act to be the scapegoat. Excellent team work!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who is our most important player? on 21:00 - Nov 4 with 1669 viewsmonty_radio

Who is our most important player? on 19:41 - Nov 4 by GlasgowBlue

Sam Morsy. We don't have anyone else like him. Every other position is covered.

Don't think we currently have any players equivalent to Walton nor Edmundson either.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Who is our most important player? on 21:21 - Nov 4 with 1630 viewsBonchosBicycle

I think Morsy made the most impact on arrival overall, but mostly I think it's fantastic that we have such depth of talent right now in so many positions that we really shouldn't overly suffer from any single player getting laid up for a couple of months.
Who is our most important player? on 23:34 - Nov 4 with 1485 viewsGuthrum

My secondary player (after Morsy) might be Nsiala. We've only failed to win one of the four League games since he returned to the starting lineup.

We even won the game when he came on late and played at FB.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who is our most important player? on 23:43 - Nov 4 with 1473 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Who is our most important player? on 23:34 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

My secondary player (after Morsy) might be Nsiala. We've only failed to win one of the four League games since he returned to the starting lineup.

We even won the game when he came on late and played at FB.

Some people won't admit though how wrong they were in scapegoating him in the last couple of years. He is the key in our defence and absolutely monumental for us.

He's merely undroppable. No wonder Cook regards him as a one of the better CB's in this league.
Who is our most important player? on 07:55 - Nov 5 with 1324 viewsKeaneish

No brainier this one. He’s the only Bly player we don’t have a like for like for. Second to Morsy would be Walton given the gulf between him and Hladky. After this I’d say there’s a bit of a gap but I might go with Edmundson who’s getting better and better with each game.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Who is our most important player? on 07:58 - Nov 5 with 1318 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see Burns name on the teamsheet, so I would go for him.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 7:58]
Who is our most important player? on 08:09 - Nov 5 with 1285 viewsfranz_tyson

Without doubt Morsy.

We wouldn’t be the same without him. Evans, Carroll, El Miz, Harper don’t offer the same.
Who is our most important player? on 08:39 - Nov 5 with 1236 viewstractorboy1978

Who is our most important player? on 23:43 - Nov 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

Some people won't admit though how wrong they were in scapegoating him in the last couple of years. He is the key in our defence and absolutely monumental for us.

He's merely undroppable. No wonder Cook regards him as a one of the better CB's in this league.

Edmundson is an absolute Rolls Royce. I don't think Toto is as bad as he gets made out to be by some but he's nowhere near Edmundson's level.
Who is our most important player? on 08:43 - Nov 5 with 1228 viewsKieran_Knows

Tough one, if I had to go for one specifically, then 100% Morsy. But I think Edmundon, Morsy & Walton are all as important in equal measure to how we want to play.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who is our most important player? on 08:56 - Nov 5 with 1203 viewsHerbivore

Who is our most important player? on 18:52 - Nov 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

Morsy by far.

We hadn't had a skipper for many years. This club/team badly needed one and in him we seem to have a proper one. Proper leadership on the pitch.

Doing a dirty job in midfield too and when he has the ball in the middle his intention is to go forward. No pointless sideways or backwards passing.

His performance against Wycombe was second to none. What a contrast to anything we had seen in our midfield in the recent years.

He's our best skipper since Chambo, no question.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who is our most important player? on 08:57 - Nov 5 with 1203 viewsitfcjoe

Who is our most important player? on 08:39 - Nov 5 by tractorboy1978

Edmundson is an absolute Rolls Royce. I don't think Toto is as bad as he gets made out to be by some but he's nowhere near Edmundson's level.

AMazing how much more comfortable Edmundson has looked on the left - probably an element of getting fitter but his game seems so much more suited to that side of the defence

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who is our most important player? on 09:00 - Nov 5 with 1179 viewswkj

I think its more noticeable this season that not only do we have important players, but we have a few exciting partnerships. Donacien and Burns, Evans and Morsy, and even Edwards and Celina.

Teamwork makes the dream work and all that.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who is our most important player? on 09:00 - Nov 5 with 1181 viewsHerbivore

Who is our most important player? on 08:57 - Nov 5 by itfcjoe

AMazing how much more comfortable Edmundson has looked on the left - probably an element of getting fitter but his game seems so much more suited to that side of the defence

When he signed I remember it being reported that he referred being on the left despite being right footed and he's definitely looked much better on that side. Still think him on the left and Woolf on the right has a lot of potential as a CB pairing but I don't think Cook rates Woolf at all.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 9:12]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024