Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe set for Newcastle 20:02 - Nov 4 with 2996 viewsOldboy

This will be a massive test for him. Get it right and he will be the next England manager, get it wrong and he will be struggling to get anything decent. Make or break time. Is he as good as many reckon?
Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:03 - Nov 4 with 2574 viewsIllinoisblue

Exactly the right manager to get them out of the championship next season

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:04 - Nov 4 with 2576 viewswkj

It really confuses me as to why people thought he would be up for coming here. I wonder how long he's going to be the fluffer there

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:06 - Nov 4 with 2558 viewsFtnfwest

They’ll probably get a few more penalties now
Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:09 - Nov 4 with 2539 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't get this one. They are now loaded and will be targeting superstars. Are superstars going to want to play for Howe? I'm not sure.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:10 - Nov 4 with 2519 viewswkj

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:09 - Nov 4 by J2BLUE

I don't get this one. They are now loaded and will be targeting superstars. Are superstars going to want to play for Howe? I'm not sure.

This is the Mark Hughes phase of the operation.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:12 - Nov 4 with 2511 viewsfooters

As many of the family footers are Geordies, I feel odd about all this.

On the one hand, those fans deserve owners who will back them and give the city what it rightly deserves. However, those new owners have blood on their hands.

Now they seem to be in a 'sh1t or bust' mode and flapping all over the place. Shirley the best thing is prudence right now, build up and have patience? The fans would appreciate that approach and Howe seems like a very weird choice if trying to sign players above their current means.

Despite their owners, I hope it works out for the fans if nothing else, although early signs look discouraging.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:13 - Nov 4 with 2471 viewschrismakin

That will upset nodge fans. Alot felt he would replace Farke. ( got Steve Bruce written all over that hasn't it? )

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:15 - Nov 4 with 2482 viewsOldboy

They will be more likely to sign seasoned Premier League players for starters. Lingard and Ward-Prowse standard. Steady build required.
Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:19 - Nov 4 with 2442 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:10 - Nov 4 by wkj

To be fair the Abu Dhabi guys went big on day 1, trying to sign Berbatov and landing Robinho.

Hughes had been in place a good few months before the takeover.

City were a bit different as they had one big takeover that started it all, followed by another big take over that took it on to the next stage.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 20:20]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:40 - Nov 4 with 2349 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree. No-one of any creditability wants the first job under this lot.

Expectation and the fact no big players will go there straight away will be a mess to begin with. You’ll get expensive, twilight of career ‘names’ to begin with.

This is definitely a second job situation
Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:43 - Nov 4 with 2333 viewsitfcjoe

It's a really tough job, their squad is very poor and a lot of work to do just to keep them up

I think it is a smart appointment though, expect a fairly swift improvement before a relatively busy January

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:56 - Nov 4 with 2259 viewsmonty_radio

I agree with that, but Howe is no fool. He's prepared to back himself although he must realise it's an all-or-nothing move for career development.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:02 - Nov 4 with 2233 viewsTheBoyBlue

Relatively shrewd move for him. He'll never be given a job at a current Champions League club, but get it right at Newcastle and he could potentially take them there. If he fails, he'll still get work and probably in the PL, just not at a big club.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:04 - Nov 4 with 2214 viewsBlueBadger

They won't be signing superstars in the Championship next season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:05 - Nov 4 with 2216 viewsWicklowBlue

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 20:12 - Nov 4 by footers

As many of the family footers are Geordies, I feel odd about all this.

On the one hand, those fans deserve owners who will back them and give the city what it rightly deserves. However, those new owners have blood on their hands.

Now they seem to be in a 'sh1t or bust' mode and flapping all over the place. Shirley the best thing is prudence right now, build up and have patience? The fans would appreciate that approach and Howe seems like a very weird choice if trying to sign players above their current means.

Despite their owners, I hope it works out for the fans if nothing else, although early signs look discouraging.

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:08 - Nov 4 with 2205 viewsBugs

Call me jaded but a vast majority of top players wouldn't a feck who they are playing for if the money is right.
Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:08 - Nov 4 with 2200 viewsfooters

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:05 - Nov 4 by WicklowBlue

Only watched it again the other day so still fresh in the memory! Such a perfect actor for those roles, always has me in stitches :D

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:28 - Nov 4 with 2134 viewsKeaneish

I listened to a phone in about 10 or 11 years ago where a Bournemouth fan phoned in and said that, “one day Eddie Howe will manage England he’s that good”. He was laughed off the show. Howe’s just taken another step closer to that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:32 - Nov 4 with 2100 viewsWeWereZombies

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:28 - Nov 4 by Keaneish

I listened to a phone in about 10 or 11 years ago where a Bournemouth fan phoned in and said that, “one day Eddie Howe will manage England he’s that good”. He was laughed off the show. Howe’s just taken another step closer to that.

I would advocate giving him a few matches before laughing him off the show...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 22:13 - Nov 4 with 1953 viewsWicklowBlue

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:08 - Nov 4 by footers

Only watched it again the other day so still fresh in the memory! Such a perfect actor for those roles, always has me in stitches :D

Haven't watched the film's in years...but remember all the lines. No doubt if I watched them again today it may spoil the teenage memories.

My fav is the hospital gag...

Anyhow Eddie Howe and Newcastle, please continue.

PS: Good luck we're all counting on you
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 22:15]
Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 08:26 - Nov 5 with 1680 viewsGarv

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 21:28 - Nov 4 by Keaneish

Surely he was closer before he relegated Bournemouth? I don't doubt he's got a chance, but he's got to prove himself all over again.

It's a big call.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 08:48 - Nov 5 with 1603 viewstractorboy1978

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 08:26 - Nov 5 by Garv

Surely he was closer before he relegated Bournemouth? I don't doubt he's got a chance, but he's got to prove himself all over again.

It's a big call.

I think it's a bit b0llocks really how he gets seen in some quarters as 'Eddie Howe, who got Bournemouth relegated' rather than 'Eddie Howe, who took Bournemouth from L2 to the Premier League and kept them there for 4 seasons'.
Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 09:19 - Nov 5 with 1544 viewsGarv

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 08:48 - Nov 5 by tractorboy1978

I think it's a bit b0llocks really how he gets seen in some quarters as 'Eddie Howe, who got Bournemouth relegated' rather than 'Eddie Howe, who took Bournemouth from L2 to the Premier League and kept them there for 4 seasons'.

Natural that you're judged on your last season/club. Doesn't make it right every time though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 09:24 - Nov 5 with 1533 viewsBloomBlue

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 08:48 - Nov 5 by tractorboy1978

But isn't that like saying it's a bit b0llocks really how Paul Lambert gets seen in some quarters as 'Paul Lambert who got Ipswich relegated' rather than 'Paul Lambert, who took Norwich from L1 to the Premier League and kept them there while he remained at Norwich'?

The trouble is all managers eventually lose it, we all do as we get older, so yes he did take B'mouth up and kept them there for 4 season but he also took them down. Therefore has he declined early as a manager or was it a blip and he'll do as David Moyes is doing at West Ham and prove he's a Prem manager, we're about to discover the answer I think.
Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 09:34 - Nov 5 with 1512 viewstractorboy1978

Eddie Howe set for Newcastle on 09:24 - Nov 5 by BloomBlue

But isn't that like saying it's a bit b0llocks really how Paul Lambert gets seen in some quarters as 'Paul Lambert who got Ipswich relegated' rather than 'Paul Lambert, who took Norwich from L1 to the Premier League and kept them there while he remained at Norwich'?

The trouble is all managers eventually lose it, we all do as we get older, so yes he did take B'mouth up and kept them there for 4 season but he also took them down. Therefore has he declined early as a manager or was it a blip and he'll do as David Moyes is doing at West Ham and prove he's a Prem manager, we're about to discover the answer I think.

Lambert had a whole host of jobs in between and his success was a decade ago.

It's pretty sad if you can take a small club from near the bottom of L2 to the Premier League, stay there for 4 seasons, change the whole course of the club's destiny and be seen as a failure when eventually you cannot fight the tide and keep them up.

But that's modern football, I guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024