Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suffolk Pubs 08:16 - Nov 5 with 1765 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I am a big fan of the pub. Sometime I wear a mask there.

Anyhow, from this list I have been to the Butt + Oyster and the Ferry Boat in Felixstowe, are there any recommendations for this weekend?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/things-to-do/food-reviews/suffolks-cosiest-pubs-autumn-20
Suffolk Pubs on 08:31 - Nov 5 with 1694 viewsHerbivore

Half of those villages sound made up. Wangford? Lol.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Suffolk Pubs on 09:05 - Nov 5 with 1635 viewswkj

Suffolk Pubs on 08:31 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

I don't live that far from Wangford - they do have a some lovely rustic food and drink places and farm shops. I first visited Wangford when I was about 13 on a bike ride but have since been back a few times with other people, and it is just as memorable each time I visit.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Suffolk Pubs on 09:15 - Nov 5 with 1602 viewsWeWereZombies

I can vouch for the Sweffling White Horse, Chillesford Froize, Butt and Oyster [edit] The Ferry Boat Inn at Felistowe Ferry [end of edit] and Freston Boot not being made up...as you well know. Anyway

[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 10:45]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Suffolk Pubs on 09:21 - Nov 5 with 1586 viewseastangliaisblue

The Beehive is a great little pub. They do a really good sunday roast.
Suffolk Pubs on 09:42 - Nov 5 with 1542 viewsJohnWarksTash

The Greyhound in Pettistree is my local. A really lovely old pub with decent food and great staff. The roaring fire makes it almost too warm some evenings though! Would highly recommend...awesome selection of whisky too.
Suffolk Pubs on 09:55 - Nov 5 with 1515 viewsEwan_Oozami

Can recommend the Grundisburgh Dog..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Suffolk Pubs on 10:06 - Nov 5 with 1493 viewslowhouseblue

Suffolk Pubs on 09:15 - Nov 5 by WeWereZombies

I can vouch for the Sweffling White Horse, Chillesford Froize, Butt and Oyster [edit] The Ferry Boat Inn at Felistowe Ferry [end of edit] and Freston Boot not being made up...as you well know. Anyway

[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 10:45]

the sweffling white horse is wonderful. it's something out of a gentler, nicer time. the people who run it are brilliant. just don't expect food. if you want food go to the crown in great glemham - which is the next village
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 11:49]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Suffolk Pubs on 10:16 - Nov 5 with 1467 viewsdickie

I used to work at the Ferry Boat Inn back in the day, the old landlord was a tyrannical character!
Login to get fewer ads

Suffolk Pubs on 10:27 - Nov 5 with 1437 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Suffolk Pubs on 10:16 - Nov 5 by dickie

I used to work at the Ferry Boat Inn back in the day, the old landlord was a tyrannical character!

Strange old place, not particular clean looking or indeed inviting but just what you need at the end of a good walk up from Languard.
Suffolk Pubs on 10:30 - Nov 5 with 1431 viewsdickie

Suffolk Pubs on 10:27 - Nov 5 by BlueBlueBluex2

Strange old place, not particular clean looking or indeed inviting but just what you need at the end of a good walk up from Languard.

Last time I went there (summer 2019) it was remarkably different from the pub I used to work in. Big extension, fresh coat of paint, clean - has it taken a nosedive since then?
Suffolk Pubs on 10:36 - Nov 5 with 1417 viewsdickie

I had a delicious meal at the Freston Boot a couple of months back, would definitely recommend it although I wouldn't particularly describe it as a "cosy pub" (that's not to it's detriment though)
Suffolk Pubs on 18:33 - Nov 5 with 1282 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Suffolk Pubs on 10:06 - Nov 5 by lowhouseblue

the sweffling white horse is wonderful. it's something out of a gentler, nicer time. the people who run it are brilliant. just don't expect food. if you want food go to the crown in great glemham - which is the next village
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 11:49]

I am pretty sure people wouldn't like it there....horrible atmosphere and naff beer!!

This from there latest email gives a hint of just how bad it is....

"The pub slippers are back! Here at the Swefflng pub we welcome muddy boots - but if you prefer to take them off while you're enjoying a pint please feel free to borrow a pair of our freshly laundered slipper socks which are hanging at the door to keep your feet nice and toasty. When you've finished with them, drop them into the laundry basket in the corridor and we'll wash them. We have 5 pairs so there's plenty to go around!"

#shhhh!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Suffolk Pubs on 18:37 - Nov 5 with 1274 viewsFunge

Pretty much every pub in Suffolk is fully decent.

Cherry Tree in Woodbridge my personal favourite. Adnams (good) and very tasty food (very good).

The Thursday night quiz is pretty much the best around in my opinion.
Suffolk Pubs on 20:58 - Nov 5 with 1197 viewsstonojnr

Suffolk Pubs on 18:37 - Nov 5 by Funge

Pretty much every pub in Suffolk is fully decent.

Cherry Tree in Woodbridge my personal favourite. Adnams (good) and very tasty food (very good).

The Thursday night quiz is pretty much the best around in my opinion.

but tbf they werent promoting the article as a selection of Suffolks best pubs, for that you need to buy the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2022 published next Friday :)

it was Suffolks cosiest pubs, and Id probably have swapped in the Cherry Tree as it does have a good pub fire and is quite cosy, Kings Head in woodbridge has a decent one too, rather than Freston Boot (but maybe the food is cosy I dont know Ive never eaten there), but its that element they are going for as their criteria.

and blimey that fireplace at the Queens Head at Blyford looks very impressive.
Suffolk Pubs on 21:06 - Nov 5 with 1182 viewsbazza

If anyone is ever out that way, The star at wenhaston is a fantastic little pub, unchanged since the 60s at least. on a Sunday has live music and free nibbles handed round, and an Open fire roaring in the winter .. superb little pub.
Suffolk Pubs on 21:39 - Nov 5 with 1148 viewsjudespiveyg

The Station is very good, easily the best in Fram, might be waiting 45 minutes for one of the pizzas though. Not from the list but I'm a big fan of the Earl Soham Victoria, seems to do pretty well considering its a village pub and is one of the few that doesn't seem to focus so much on food. Its namesake bitter is a cracking pint.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Suffolk Pubs on 21:42 - Nov 5 with 1141 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.wangford.net/photos/tour.php

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Suffolk Pubs on 04:29 - Nov 6 with 1049 viewspowinswitch

Grundisburg Dog, and the Greyhound at Pettistree are both top pubs
Suffolk Pubs on 07:54 - Nov 6 with 1004 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Settled on the Dog for Sunday lunch and a walk around Woodbridge as I have never been.
Suffolk Pubs on 08:03 - Nov 6 with 982 viewsfabian_illness

Suffolk Pubs on 09:55 - Nov 5 by Ewan_Oozami

Can recommend the Grundisburgh Dog..

Yep, I went out with her too.
Suffolk Pubs on 08:31 - Nov 6 with 947 viewswoodbridge_blue

Suffolk Pubs on 07:54 - Nov 6 by BlueBlueBluex2

Settled on the Dog for Sunday lunch and a walk around Woodbridge as I have never been.

Park up near the railway station, walk for about a mile around the river wall to Kyson Point, then double back along the farm track which runs close to the railway line.

Cross over the tracks, across Kingston Park and call in at the Cherry Tree. Finish at The Anchor, which is my favourite Woodbridge pub. Delightful way to spend an afternoon.
Suffolk Pubs on 08:36 - Nov 6 with 931 viewsunstableblue

Suffolk Pubs on 08:31 - Nov 6 by woodbridge_blue

Park up near the railway station, walk for about a mile around the river wall to Kyson Point, then double back along the farm track which runs close to the railway line.

Cross over the tracks, across Kingston Park and call in at the Cherry Tree. Finish at The Anchor, which is my favourite Woodbridge pub. Delightful way to spend an afternoon.

Do like the Anchor… love Woodbridge

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Suffolk Pubs on 08:36 - Nov 6 with 927 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Suffolk Pubs on 08:31 - Nov 6 by woodbridge_blue

Fabulous, thanks for that.
Suffolk Pubs on 10:15 - Nov 6 with 873 viewsElephantintheRoom

That looks like a short list of pubs that have been tapped to be included. Some of them are near to much nicer pubs. Chillisford Froize is interesting in that it does a rather good if rather expensive buffet lunch aimed at well-to-do pensioners. You could combine a visit to it with a trip to Orford -with its two better pubs, via Snape with its nice river walks and two better pubs

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Suffolk Pubs on 14:07 - Nov 7 with 752 viewsWeWereZombies

Suffolk Pubs on 10:15 - Nov 6 by ElephantintheRoom

That looks like a short list of pubs that have been tapped to be included. Some of them are near to much nicer pubs. Chillisford Froize is interesting in that it does a rather good if rather expensive buffet lunch aimed at well-to-do pensioners. You could combine a visit to it with a trip to Orford -with its two better pubs, via Snape with its nice river walks and two better pubs

Is it the King's Arms (?) or Head in Orford that does Oyster on tap around March? Best stout ever.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024