Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cresswell 13:13 - Nov 5 with 1121 viewstractorboy1978

He was superb for us but must admit I never saw him having quite the career he has - now a regular in a side heading into the knockout phase of the Europa League. It's criminal the lack of recognition he's had at International level too. Not a 'sexy' pick perhaps but he's got to be one of the most consistent LB's in the PL - defensively and offensively.
Cresswell on 13:23 - Nov 5 with 1041 viewsCoastalblue

I think he totally went off the boil for a season or two, I used to work with a lot of Hammers and they raved about it him to begin and then fell out of love for a while.

I'm not sure how many on here would have picked the respective international careers of Cresswell and Mings though, I wouldn't have got them the right way round I know.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Cresswell on 13:46 - Nov 5 with 953 viewsChurchman

Cresswell on 13:23 - Nov 5 by Coastalblue

I think he totally went off the boil for a season or two, I used to work with a lot of Hammers and they raved about it him to begin and then fell out of love for a while.

I'm not sure how many on here would have picked the respective international careers of Cresswell and Mings though, I wouldn't have got them the right way round I know.

I thought Cresswell would have a good career and play for England and a bigger club than West Ham. He is a perfect full back for me. Good in the tackle, brave, good crosser and has a bit of a shot and reads the game well. He has had a terrific career though.

I thought Mings had something about him the first few times I saw him play. Great touch, pace and size were the first things that struck me. He was always going to be a centre half, but I never dreamed he’d reach the level he has. Well done him, especially after the horrendous injury he got when he started at Bournmuff.
Cresswell on 13:53 - Nov 5 with 902 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Always destined for big things.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cresswell on 13:54 - Nov 5 with 899 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Cresswell on 13:46 - Nov 5 by Churchman

I thought Cresswell would have a good career and play for England and a bigger club than West Ham. He is a perfect full back for me. Good in the tackle, brave, good crosser and has a bit of a shot and reads the game well. He has had a terrific career though.

I thought Mings had something about him the first few times I saw him play. Great touch, pace and size were the first things that struck me. He was always going to be a centre half, but I never dreamed he’d reach the level he has. Well done him, especially after the horrendous injury he got when he started at Bournmuff.

Both have done very well.

Mings got dropped didn't he recently? I was a little surprised he got in the latest England squad given the form of some of the others but he's certainly never let England down.
Cresswell on 13:57 - Nov 5 with 882 viewswkj

I think Cressy is great - It didn't help that the management turnover saw him in and out of favour at WHAM for International call ups - but he's a credit to the Premier League.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cresswell on 14:28 - Nov 5 with 809 viewsmonty_radio

Cresswell on 13:46 - Nov 5 by Churchman

I too really liked him and was really disappointed to lose him. His crossing is up there with all of them apart from Trent Alexander Arnold. But I always felt too that lack of pace would be the factor that kept him out of the England set-up, and recall seeing M.o.t.D HIGHLIGHTS where just that weakness was exposed. What an asset he'd be for us now though.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Cresswell on 15:04 - Nov 5 with 737 viewsitfcjoe

Approaching 250 PL games, a hell of a feat

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cresswell on 15:39 - Nov 5 with 647 viewstractordownsouth

He's a victim of England having very strong full back options. Shaw and Chilwell both had brilliant seasons last year.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024