Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? 13:35 - Nov 5 with 1926 viewsgiant_stow

(look at me!)

I finally made the over 45s squad and am looking at the honour of 5 mins on at the end as a sub in midfield - wo! Anyone got any tips on how to play football and not make a fool of yourself?

Unfortunately, Abdul got left out and isn't very happy about it. Team politics is new to me.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:36 - Nov 5 with 1543 viewswkj

Yes, make sure they play in Blue, and have loyalties to Suffolk.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:37 - Nov 5 with 1533 viewsBiGDonnie

Keep it simple and get stuck right into em!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:39 - Nov 5 with 1517 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:36 - Nov 5 by wkj

Yes, make sure they play in Blue, and have loyalties to Suffolk.

The kit is green and black - very pretty!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:40 - Nov 5 with 1510 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:37 - Nov 5 by BiGDonnie

Keep it simple and get stuck right into em!

Keep it simple - I can do that! I think I might have got picked cos I'm one of the few who can be bothered to harry the other team, so I can do that too!

Ta. No silly attempted through balls.

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:41 - Nov 5 with 1503 viewswkj

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:39 - Nov 5 by giant_stow

The kit is green and black - very pretty!

Crybaby

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:43 - Nov 5 with 1494 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:41 - Nov 5 by wkj

vertical stripes - tasteful.

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:51 - Nov 5 with 1465 viewsIllinoisblue

I played a total of 10 mins of 5-a-side with my U12 team the other week and could barely walk the next day. So my advice would be, book the following day off work.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:53 - Nov 5 with 1449 viewsBiGDonnie

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:40 - Nov 5 by giant_stow

Keep it simple - I can do that! I think I might have got picked cos I'm one of the few who can be bothered to harry the other team, so I can do that too!

Ta. No silly attempted through balls.

Once you've ran yourself into the game for the first half, you'd have earnt the right to try a few spectacular passes towards the later stages.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:54 - Nov 5 with 1448 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:53 - Nov 5 by BiGDonnie

Once you've ran yourself into the game for the first half, you'd have earnt the right to try a few spectacular passes towards the later stages.

I get the feeling you know what you're talking about, so if I get that long, I'll take the advice gratefully - cheers.

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:02 - Nov 5 with 1436 viewsGavTWTD

I've been playing fatblokefooty for a couple of years. I decided to buy myself a new pair of snazzy boots, played a 20 minute game and I've been in a lot of pain ever since, for about 5 weeks. My new boots had no "medial longitudal arch" support. No, me neither, but they had no padding on the inside of the foot. We're all different, but as a big bloke, it caused the arch to be pushed flat on each step. I've gone back to my old boots, but I find it frustrating that just a 20 minute game has caused all these issues.

Oh, the moral of this story, take care when using new boots. Make sure they fit well and wear them in if at all possible. 5 mins is great, if not have a run in the park. You can't exactly wear them in at home.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:08 - Nov 5 with 1419 viewsleitrimblue

Just hang around near the goal an try to steal the glory of a last minute tap in. Running around an chasing after the ball is for the young uns. You have earned your right to goal hang
Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:17 - Nov 5 with 1396 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:02 - Nov 5 by GavTWTD

I've been playing fatblokefooty for a couple of years. I decided to buy myself a new pair of snazzy boots, played a 20 minute game and I've been in a lot of pain ever since, for about 5 weeks. My new boots had no "medial longitudal arch" support. No, me neither, but they had no padding on the inside of the foot. We're all different, but as a big bloke, it caused the arch to be pushed flat on each step. I've gone back to my old boots, but I find it frustrating that just a 20 minute game has caused all these issues.

Oh, the moral of this story, take care when using new boots. Make sure they fit well and wear them in if at all possible. 5 mins is great, if not have a run in the park. You can't exactly wear them in at home.

Ah another fatblokefooty bod!

I have bought new boots for the occasion so will take your advice. Hope your foot is better now.

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:18 - Nov 5 with 1393 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:08 - Nov 5 by leitrimblue

Just hang around near the goal an try to steal the glory of a last minute tap in. Running around an chasing after the ball is for the young uns. You have earned your right to goal hang

I think the manager might shout at me if I do that (they all take it very seriously).

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:19 - Nov 5 with 1392 viewsKeno

three things, and I sure some helpful people can find video clips to help on the last one

1, If you are a defender playing a back pass always play it away from the goal
2, be careful not to air kick

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2sjqcu

also always look before you pass so you can make sure the pass goes to a teammate. You dont want to make a ghost pass, like someone did at Fulham once

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:30 - Nov 5 with 1351 viewswkj

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:02 - Nov 5 by GavTWTD

This is a genuine question - What if I'm crap at football (yet love playing it) We're talking that my default signal to kick a ball is a toe punt.

Crybaby

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:44 - Nov 5 with 1322 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:30 - Nov 5 by wkj

This is a genuine question - What if I'm crap at football (yet love playing it) We're talking that my default signal to kick a ball is a toe punt.

Toe punts are under-rated in my know nothing opinion. You can get a lot more power on a toe punt and kick it more quickly.

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:47 - Nov 5 with 1301 viewsleitrimblue

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:44 - Nov 5 by giant_stow

Toe punts are under-rated in my know nothing opinion. You can get a lot more power on a toe punt and kick it more quickly.

Just remember to close yer eyes first
Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:54 - Nov 5 with 1279 viewsGavTWTD

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:30 - Nov 5 by wkj

I'm crap. I'm permanently in defence and if I may say so myself I'm a bit of a rock. I read the game well but have no control, but can pass. Learn what you can do and concentrate on that while you work on the other stuff. The more fit you get, the more you can do. Just keep it simple.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:56 - Nov 5 with 1271 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:54 - Nov 5 by GavTWTD

I'm crap. I'm permanently in defence and if I may say so myself I'm a bit of a rock. I read the game well but have no control, but can pass. Learn what you can do and concentrate on that while you work on the other stuff. The more fit you get, the more you can do. Just keep it simple.

Everything comes from fitness - even being able to kick a ball with any pace after running for 5 mins can be tricky if you're old and out of shape. But it gets easier after a few weeks.

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 15:04 - Nov 5 with 1259 viewsFixed_It

At least you're participating. Nothing else will be expected of you!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 15:14 - Nov 5 with 1208 viewsDubtractor

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 13:51 - Nov 5 by Illinoisblue

I played a total of 10 mins of 5-a-side with my U12 team the other week and could barely walk the next day. So my advice would be, book the following day off work.

I'm 46 in a couple of weeks, and still hold my own in a weekly 7 a side game with a group mostly in their 20s.

I'm mildly pleased with myself.

There are a few on here who have had the honour of sharing a pitch with me, including the boss man.

Edit
On a more helpful note, as per illy's advice, if you've not played in a while you will ache HARD afterwards, so warm up and warm down, even if just stretches.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 15:23]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 15:28 - Nov 5 with 1162 viewsgiant_stow

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 15:14 - Nov 5 by Dubtractor

I'm 46 in a couple of weeks, and still hold my own in a weekly 7 a side game with a group mostly in their 20s.

I'm mildly pleased with myself.

There are a few on here who have had the honour of sharing a pitch with me, including the boss man.

Edit
On a more helpful note, as per illy's advice, if you've not played in a while you will ache HARD afterwards, so warm up and warm down, even if just stretches.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2021 15:23]

I was chuffed with myself for playing a training game with the over 35s, so to keep up with a bunch of youngster is indeed impressive! You must be fit.

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 16:27 - Nov 5 with 1062 viewsDubtractor

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 15:28 - Nov 5 by giant_stow

I was chuffed with myself for playing a training game with the over 35s, so to keep up with a bunch of youngster is indeed impressive! You must be fit.

Honestly, the more you do it, the better shape you'll be in. It's just that once you get past 40 it takes way longer to get back to any kind of fitness!

I've looked after myself in covid times by buying a road bike and clocking up the miles, was a response to seeing my mental and physical health going downhill in that first lockdown.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 16:44 - Nov 5 with 1045 viewsfactual_blue

Well, don't ask Farkey, who plainly hasn't a clue about football, teams or winning.

p.s.

Farke In!

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 16:45 - Nov 5 with 1042 viewsfactual_blue

Any tips for playing in an actual proper team please? on 14:54 - Nov 5 by GavTWTD

A 'bit of a rock' in the sense that you don't do anything other than stand there and slowly erode?

Or is 'rock' a typo?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024