Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra 08:37 - Nov 6 with 1989 viewstractorboy1978

How did people think he played last night? I'm a fan but he still looks really raw and way off the calibre we currently have occupying those 3 positions behind the striker. The lad Jasper outshone him on the opposite wing.

I'm still far from convinced that Colchester move was a good one for him, he looked to have come on a lot over the summer but thought he'd regressed a bit last night. Personally, would be sending Barry back and recalling Dobra, get him on the training ground around the likes of Celina, Burns, Edwards, Chaplin, Fraser, Aluko and with a management team that know how to coach offensive players in those 3 roles behind the forward.
Dobra on 09:03 - Nov 6 with 1908 viewswkj

1st half he was annon, 2nd half he was might brighter.

He still dithers a bit in the final third, but put some really tidy passing later on.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dobra on 09:10 - Nov 6 with 1883 viewsCanadasNumber1

I still don’t get what all the fuss is about with him. Just feel that - as with a number of our younger players - it is more a case of people wanting to see something that isn’t there just because he came through our set up.

That said, I’d love to be proved wrong. The problem for him though is that we currently have about 5 or 6 players who do his job better.
Dobra on 09:11 - Nov 6 with 1879 viewsLightworker

Didn't think he was great to be honest, considering the caliber of the opposition I was expecting a bit better from him.

He undoubtedly has talent and I still think he will come good eventually but he is way off the level required for our first team currently. Needs a regular run of games for Col U now.
Dobra on 09:16 - Nov 6 with 1853 viewsChrisd

He had some bright moments, showed some good touches and turn of pace, enough to show he has the potential. However, I was more impressed with Fraser on the other flank for Colchester he had a big impact on the game, but he’s on loan from Fulham.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 9:20]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Dobra on 09:30 - Nov 6 with 1801 viewsfranz_tyson

Not sure that game in front of the cameras against such low opposition was useful for him. I’d much prefer he fought his way into the Col U and made consistent contributions at L2 level.

The one good thing about this loan is he’s out of his comfort zone here where if he isn’t getting played, fans start moaning and bigging him up. Must be a bit of a kick in the balls not to get much game time at Col U where they’re not really firing. Could do him a bit of good and when he did get in the team he scored last week.
It was right to send him out on loan. He should know by now he’s got to get his head down if he’s going to make it.
Dobra on 09:35 - Nov 6 with 1777 viewsChurchman

I only saw his 25 mins in the second half, but it struck me that while obviously talented, he needs to learn the game. By that I mean playing week in week out, especially given he is 20 years old now and no longer a yoof.
Dobra on 09:43 - Nov 6 with 1722 viewsMookamoo

He is good player. Can turn and run at the defence, he just needs work on his decision making, and that might just be a confidence thing that a full season might help with. He was still taking too many touches and inviting defenders to take the ball off him. At the end of the day he is not as good as he thinks he is when trying to beat 2 or 3 before looking for the pass.
Dobra on 09:46 - Nov 6 with 1719 viewsclive_baker

Classic Dobra performance really, showed flashes of quality but didn’t really stamp his mark on the game on a consistent basis. He’s like a street footballer, certainly has a trick and flick and loves to take on his man, but is nowhere near the rounded footballer required to challenge for a spot in our side yet. This loan is ideal for him, he should have gone out last season too, there was naff all point him hanging around to make a handful of starts.

Needs to work on his positional discipline and decision making, the amount of times he runs into a cul de sac when there’s a simple ball on is frustrating, but it’s a hard balance because you don’t want to sanitise the unpredictability completely from his game. To go from ‘handy wildcard off the bench’ to starting 46 times a season and consistently creating is his challenge and it’s not one I’m convinced he’ll achieve in the top 3 tiers of football. He really reminds me of Erhun Otzumer for those that remember him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra on 09:49 - Nov 6 with 1704 viewsstrikalite

Dobra on 09:35 - Nov 6 by Churchman

I only saw his 25 mins in the second half, but it struck me that while obviously talented, he needs to learn the game. By that I mean playing week in week out, especially given he is 20 years old now and no longer a yoof.

....and if only he could shoot, he gets in good positions by dancing past a player or two on the edge of the box creating the chance to pull the trigger but doesn't take it, just looks to push it sideways..
Dobra on 09:51 - Nov 6 with 1690 viewsWickets

Some of his problem is he is trying to impress every time he gets the ball . Think he needs to be part of the team for a while then learn to go for it when its on . As others have said as yet he is behind many players at Town so that is why he is rightly on loan and we could only loan him to a club that wants him.
Dobra on 10:00 - Nov 6 with 1634 viewsSharkey

Dobra on 09:16 - Nov 6 by Chrisd

He had some bright moments, showed some good touches and turn of pace, enough to show he has the potential. However, I was more impressed with Fraser on the other flank for Colchester he had a big impact on the game, but he’s on loan from Fulham.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 9:20]

Silvester Jasper.

Jasper’s goal ( which the co-commentator said might have been a cross! ) was clearly a case of him mimicking what Dobra did against Sculthorpe last week.

My view is that they are both likely to get more and more game time.
Dobra on 10:01 - Nov 6 with 1631 viewstractorboy1978

Dobra on 09:51 - Nov 6 by Wickets

Some of his problem is he is trying to impress every time he gets the ball . Think he needs to be part of the team for a while then learn to go for it when its on . As others have said as yet he is behind many players at Town so that is why he is rightly on loan and we could only loan him to a club that wants him.

Certainly think your first sentence has some substance.

From bits I've heard, he's very much someone that needs constant coaching/encouragement. And between Cook, Roberts and Jeffers they seemed to have really got him going in the summer. He was outstanding against Newport and had a really impressive pre season.

I just worry, on balance, being at Colchester away from what is clearly a very good, strong environment for attackers here at the moment, is actually more damaging for him than less game time (not that he's had a lot at Colchester either so far).
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 10:02]
Dobra on 10:48 - Nov 6 with 1505 viewsMookamoo

Bottom line is, if he wasn't one of ours would anyone have thought, wow, how come Colchester have got him, lets go and get him him here.

Sad as it might be, he is way off a first team Championship player, and assuming thats is where we will be in the next couple of years I suspect we won't see him in the first XI again. Especially if that means blocking the opportunities of Humphreys, Yengi and Siziba in the lesser cup games.
Dobra on 11:22 - Nov 6 with 1362 viewsVic

Dobra on 09:46 - Nov 6 by clive_baker

Classic Dobra performance really, showed flashes of quality but didn’t really stamp his mark on the game on a consistent basis. He’s like a street footballer, certainly has a trick and flick and loves to take on his man, but is nowhere near the rounded footballer required to challenge for a spot in our side yet. This loan is ideal for him, he should have gone out last season too, there was naff all point him hanging around to make a handful of starts.

Needs to work on his positional discipline and decision making, the amount of times he runs into a cul de sac when there’s a simple ball on is frustrating, but it’s a hard balance because you don’t want to sanitise the unpredictability completely from his game. To go from ‘handy wildcard off the bench’ to starting 46 times a season and consistently creating is his challenge and it’s not one I’m convinced he’ll achieve in the top 3 tiers of football. He really reminds me of Erhun Otzumer for those that remember him.

I think you’ve got it exactly right. If he’s that good he would, by this stage (he’s 20) be affecting games much more than he is. jasper was much, much more impressive. I mentioned last night that he still seems very lightweight, and reminds me of the 15 or 16 yr olds starting to play in village team I used to play in - loads of skill and cheeky flicks that annoyed the old boys, but actually little substance and so easily dispossessed.

As everyone else has said, I don’t think he’d be anywhere near our first team - but I’d still prefer him to be back here and training with our blokes than playing a bit part with lesser players at Col U.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Dobra on 12:02 - Nov 6 with 1272 viewsblueboyd

Cook doesn't want dobra anywhere near the team so he will never be playing for us.
Dobra on 12:17 - Nov 6 with 1236 viewsFixed_It

Dobra on 12:02 - Nov 6 by blueboyd

Cook doesn't want dobra anywhere near the team so he will never be playing for us.

Really?
I don't think he is anywhere near good enough atm, but I've obviously not got Cook on speed dial like you obnviously have.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Dobra on 13:12 - Nov 6 with 1156 viewsRomeo4

Dobra on 09:10 - Nov 6 by CanadasNumber1

I still don’t get what all the fuss is about with him. Just feel that - as with a number of our younger players - it is more a case of people wanting to see something that isn’t there just because he came through our set up.

That said, I’d love to be proved wrong. The problem for him though is that we currently have about 5 or 6 players who do his job better.

I think this is how I feel about it. Flashes of quality but that’s about it. I’d love him to push on and prove me wrong but I just don’t see what others see in him.
Dobra on 13:37 - Nov 6 with 1073 viewsVic

Dobra on 13:12 - Nov 6 by Romeo4

I think this is how I feel about it. Flashes of quality but that’s about it. I’d love him to push on and prove me wrong but I just don’t see what others see in him.

I think it was that his energy and naive enthusiasm was a step above the mediocrity of the other players of last season. We kind of cling to him as a hope, just as we did with Bishop, Downes and Dozzell before him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Dobra on 17:59 - Nov 6 with 909 viewsITFC_96

I checked the stats and he's got 2 goals and 1 assist in effectively 5 games of football (450 minutes) in a struggling Colchester team. He also scored for the Albania U21s in his last match and have seen he's off to play again. There were also League 1 teams who wanted him on loan at the start of the season.

We just came out of a 1-1 draw at home against a team who may well be relegated to National League this season. Not sure how people are jumping the gun so quickly on him "never playing for the club again".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024