Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointed... 17:03 - Nov 6 with 752 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...but that's the FA Cup for you.

Underdog battling for a result away from home.

Still please that PC put a strong team out. Although wish Pigott got some game time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Agreed... on 17:07 - Nov 6 with 710 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep
Yep
And me. Yes, that too.

I only heard it on the radio, but it sounds like Oldham stepped up and played well, deserving of at least a replay. It is what it is and we go again I suppose. It'll be interesting to see if Cook goes for a strong team next time out. With it being midweek between league games I'd be surprised if he does.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Disappointed... on 17:09 - Nov 6 with 684 viewsChurchman

Agree with that. I was in favour of playing the best 11. They need game time so no regrets from me. Good effort from Oldham. I suspect that given the same intent we will win the replay ok.
Disappointed... on 18:29 - Nov 6 with 562 viewsBlueySwede

I can get the disappointment of the result and performance..however, no need for an over reaction. It happens, especially in the FA cup. We didn´t lose and I feel confident we can win the replay.
Disappointed... on 18:35 - Nov 6 with 549 viewschrismakin

Quite a few posts on twitter mention about lack of care from players etc. Not saying its true or untrue... but what was the attendance today? 50% lower than our last home game? obv not saying that's a problem, but it kinda shows how little people cared for the 1st round of the fa cup it's no shock if the players felt the same.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Disappointed... on 18:40 - Nov 6 with 533 viewspointofblue

Disappointed... on 18:35 - Nov 6 by chrismakin

Quite a few posts on twitter mention about lack of care from players etc. Not saying its true or untrue... but what was the attendance today? 50% lower than our last home game? obv not saying that's a problem, but it kinda shows how little people cared for the 1st round of the fa cup it's no shock if the players felt the same.

Cook himself said that the players didn't give it everything which says a lot. Possibly there was a bit of 'protection' going on, with them thinking about other matches.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Disappointed... on 18:43 - Nov 6 with 517 viewschrismakin

Disappointed... on 18:40 - Nov 6 by pointofblue

Cook himself said that the players didn't give it everything which says a lot. Possibly there was a bit of 'protection' going on, with them thinking about other matches.

Must admit, if I was playing I'd be very nervy about getting an injury, with the squad we have, 2/3 games out could be end of season for you as a first team player.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Disappointed... on 18:59 - Nov 6 with 486 viewstractordownsouth

Shame we didn't get the job done but we're still in the hat and I'd rather we get a poor performance out of the system in the cup rather than the league. Could even be a blessing in disguise at it will give the likes of Fraser, Harper, Pigott etc an opportunity to get more minutes.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Disappointed... on 20:37 - Nov 6 with 400 viewsAlanG296

Disappointed... on 18:43 - Nov 6 by chrismakin

Must admit, if I was playing I'd be very nervy about getting an injury, with the squad we have, 2/3 games out could be end of season for you as a first team player.

Alternatively play well to keep your place in the team. Play nervy and be more likely to get injured.
Login to get fewer ads

Disappointed... on 20:44 - Nov 6 with 382 viewsfooters

Agree to disagree.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024