Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise 19:56 - Nov 6 with 1611 viewsunstableblue

First off we need to fix what Cook is stating and that is our consistency

We need to dial down the mistakes, remove these silly fouls in dangerous areas, dial up the energy, and dial up the intensity of play

Celina and Burns, and in part Morsy, just didn’t turn up today… and it killed us

Toto brought us error game to boot

Great from Walton, I thought the Fridge was strong yet again

But what Oldham showed today was the Unstable model on full flight

Worse players (but actually all quite skillfull), good shape/system… combined by HUGE desire and commitment and energy

That block on Chaplin was just amazing

But I do think our players are learning, Oldham would have beaten other Div 1 teams today, they were excelllent….

I’d rather we got another performance like that out of the system, learnt from it, and now fix all of it for Oxford game…

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:31 - Nov 6 with 1481 viewsblueislander

Disappointing that we can’t have.lBlubber’s view on this
I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:32 - Nov 6 with 1472 viewswkj

I'd love to agree, but in my opinion the replay is worse than a loss.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:44 - Nov 6 with 1431 viewsGarv

It's disappointing but it's only more disappointing because a lot of people have built up an impressive but, dare I say it, flattering 4-1 win at a team near the top of the league.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:50 - Nov 6 with 1392 viewsblueboyd

Did you go to the game? I am staggered by some of your views.
I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:54 - Nov 6 with 1380 viewsElderGrizzly

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:31 - Nov 6 by blueislander

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:08 - Nov 6 with 1315 viewsSharkey

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:44 - Nov 6 by Garv

It's disappointing but it's only more disappointing because a lot of people have built up an impressive but, dare I say it, flattering 4-1 win at a team near the top of the league.

Exactly. Can't knock the enthusiasm after a big away win, but Stockdale will certainly think he should have done better with the first two, and the fourth was a typical ice-hockey goal into an untended net.
I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:16 - Nov 6 with 1282 viewsGarv

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:08 - Nov 6 by Sharkey

Exactly. Can't knock the enthusiasm after a big away win, but Stockdale will certainly think he should have done better with the first two, and the fourth was a typical ice-hockey goal into an untended net.

Yep. When we lose the next league game the narrative will be that we've fallen from the heights of beating the team 3rd in the league, but it's realistic that we will have more disappointing days this season. We can't afford many at all if we're to be promoted, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't happen.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:33 - Nov 6 with 1235 viewsitfc1108

Even though the Wycombe game was a league game, I would have preferred to have won 4-1 today, and drawn 1-1 at Wycombe.
Both results would have been very good, and shown a level of consistency.
Instead we get one fantastic result and performance, and one terrible result and performance.
I don't like how erratic we are, especially if it is down to player attitude and/or arrogance.
Login to get fewer ads

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:47 - Nov 6 with 1153 viewsArnieM

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:32 - Nov 6 by wkj

I'd love to agree, but in my opinion the replay is worse than a loss.

It won’t be the same Town side for the replay, not with the Sunderland game 4 days later . Which is a game we need to win and right now very much winnable .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:48 - Nov 6 with 1151 viewschrismakin

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:33 - Nov 6 by itfc1108

Even though the Wycombe game was a league game, I would have preferred to have won 4-1 today, and drawn 1-1 at Wycombe.
Instead we get one fantastic result and performance, and one terrible result and performance.
I don't like how erratic we are, especially if it is down to player attitude and/or arrogance.

Erm what? you'd prefer 1 round of fa cup over 3 points?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:48 - Nov 6 with 1152 viewsChurchman

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:31 - Nov 6 by blueislander

Apologies, accidental downvote - fat fingers.

As it goes I think there is plenty to be gained from it. Another game for a newish team against motivated and organised opposition. We struggle against that, whether it’s Oldham, Accrington or Cheltenham.

Credit to Oldham but our players need to work this through because they have the ability to beat just about anybody in League One and below.
Yes I was there on 22:30 - Nov 6 with 1068 viewsunstableblue

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:50 - Nov 6 by blueboyd

Did you go to the game? I am staggered by some of your views.

I should add that I am really disappointed with the performance and am really losing patience that my Ipswich will finally become a consistently performing and entertaining team… I have been waiting since Jim Magilton

But I think my point was I do think we are slowly progressing, this was the game to further cement partnerships but also continue to learn that being a good player, having good attacking passages, alone is not enough you need the fight Oldham showed

My hope is that it is finally going to click into a true run, and it was better to come today than against Oxford - let’s see where we are after the next 3 league games

I do worry about Toto though…

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 23:21 - Nov 6 with 979 viewsitfc1108

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:48 - Nov 6 by chrismakin

Erm what? you'd prefer 1 round of fa cup over 3 points?

I think so. Only to avoid being this kind of one step forward, two steps back team that we are.
I think we would be better for it in the long run, but just my opinion.
I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 00:10 - Nov 7 with 908 viewsunstableblue

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:48 - Nov 6 by Churchman

Apologies, accidental downvote - fat fingers.

As it goes I think there is plenty to be gained from it. Another game for a newish team against motivated and organised opposition. We struggle against that, whether it’s Oldham, Accrington or Cheltenham.

Credit to Oldham but our players need to work this through because they have the ability to beat just about anybody in League One and below.

Exactly

Oldham were exactly that, very motivated, huge energy, and no little craft

Lots for our players to learn and improve upon… but they need to now stop the learning, and just graft to get that elusive consistency

We need that consistency to start against Oxford and run into Sunderland

Ignore Col U, B11 for Oldham away, but watch the video today and see that energy is a minimum, breaking the lines is critical, desire to overload gets results

If we take more steps back in the league… and to be fair we’ve only had Plymouth… then it’s going to get concerning

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 01:45 - Nov 7 with 846 viewspointofblue

So we need to learn from this, even though we failed to learn from Accrington and Cambridge? (and that’s me being kind and dismissing the first six matches of the season) We should be aware of these failings and have dealt with them by now so why do we keep falling into traps?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 02:57 - Nov 7 with 804 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 21:33 - Nov 6 by itfc1108

That’s insane. We’re going to be favourites to win the replay anyway. But asides from that, the league game was clearly more important.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 03:27 - Nov 7 with 791 viewstextbackup

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 20:54 - Nov 6 by ElderGrizzly

potter really is the king of the cnts

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 07:05 - Nov 7 with 692 viewswitchdoctor

I actually think that game may be a blessing in a disguise on 03:27 - Nov 7 by textbackup

potter really is the king of the cnts

ughhhh…just had a quick look at his feed..even more of a deluded moron than I thought..simple simon indeed…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024