Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish 23:11 - Nov 6 with 1005 viewsLord_Lucan

and Mick's wearing Blakeys

Anyone remember them?

Even back at school in the 70's we all wore Blakeys. I had forgotten about them..

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Quartertips, innit. (n/t) on 23:13 - Nov 6 with 985 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 23:13 - Nov 6 with 979 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah. I had Blakey’s in my shoes at school until I started wearing DM’s. Didn’t want to risk puncturing them.

Blakeys and white dog sh1t were so 1970’s.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 23:14]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 23:15 - Nov 6 with 973 viewsronnyd

Lethal on concrete.
Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 07:32 - Nov 7 with 828 viewsurbanblue

Yep, very awkward when you lost one and you only clicked with one foot.

... takes me back to wearing Tonics as well.

Edit .. Weren't Blakeys meant to be worn in a pair of Loafers?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 7:36]
Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 09:55 - Nov 7 with 713 viewsNBVJohn

I had Blakey’s until I got a pair of boots that had the metal plate actually built into the heel. I think they were called quarter heels.

It all seemed quite grown up until I also recall that I loved nothing more to put my heel down onto the road whilst riding my bike in the dark and watching the sparks fly!
Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 10:00 - Nov 7 with 698 viewsKeno

for our younger viewers Blakey's are

Must admit I didn't realise you could still get them

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 11:58 - Nov 7 with 624 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

If I remember correctly, Blakeys were banned at my secondary modern after marking the wooden floors and making a hell of a din when walking the corridors.
Had them in my out of school shoes and the soles lasted yonks.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 12:46 - Nov 7 with 583 viewsCoastalblue

That suddeinly took me back, Ben Sherman shirt, sta press trousers, too short of course, white socks and either brogues or loafers with blakeys in.

Remember quite a large number of my mates wearing black armbands to school wen the Jam split up as well, not related but made me think of it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 15:13 - Nov 7 with 525 viewsjontysnut

You could kick the back of your heel and try and generate some sparks. Also used to hang out the back of a (slow moving) IBC bus and generate some sparkage.
Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 15:16 - Nov 7 with 521 viewsNthQldITFC

Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 23:13 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah. I had Blakey’s in my shoes at school until I started wearing DM’s. Didn’t want to risk puncturing them.

Blakeys and white dog sh1t were so 1970’s.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 23:14]

You can't get white dog sh1t for love nor money these days.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 15:38 - Nov 7 with 497 viewsGlasgowBlue

Memories - Just walking back from the pub with the boy and my mate Mick the Fish on 15:16 - Nov 7 by NthQldITFC

You can't get white dog sh1t for love nor money these days.

Makes you realise how lucky we were.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024