Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought we started the game brightly 08:34 - Nov 7 with 652 viewstractorboy1978

But at 1-0 up we gradually just began to coast thinking we weren't in any danger of conceding. We couldn't play with any intensity and the second half barring a spell of 5 minutes we just didn't pin them back at all. Celina was guilty 2/3 times of it opening up for a shot and trying to over play it.

A replay at Boundary Park was something we really didn't need, I suspect we will see several changes for that one.

Also, anyone any the wiser as to what their penalty was given for?!
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 9:01]
Thought we started the game brightly on 09:19 - Nov 7 with 576 viewspennblue

Long trip down to Plymouth, followed by a massive high last Tuesday, if the players were not tired yesterday, then yesterday was more about how they get themselves mentally prepared for a FA Cup 1st round match. Everyone was expecting a depleted Oldham side, low on confidence with off the field issues, I think that was what went wrong yesterday.

In January/Feb when we start to play some of the teams at the bottom of League One, we may have similar expectations to just walk the match, and it just shows you, you can never really tell. Hopefully someone will cut out a newspaper article of this result and stick in our changing room on the wall as a reminder.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Thought we started the game brightly on 09:32 - Nov 7 with 546 viewsclive_baker

Yeah, definitely felt like some complacency snuck in after we had taken the lead. Pretty flat performance, flat atmosphere. Felt like they fed off each other.

Midweek trip to Oldham before Sunderland away on the Saturday isn’t ideal, that’s a lot of travel.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Thought we started the game brightly on 09:44 - Nov 7 with 516 viewsGarv

Having seen the highlights, Evans got done and quite obviously tugged his man's shirt. I don't think it really stopped his momentum and he didn't really appeal but I think we'd be screaming for it if the other way round.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Thought we started the game brightly on 11:45 - Nov 7 with 424 viewsSomethingBlue

Yeah, coasting is exactly what we did (and perhaps what our fans did too ... I must certainly admit that after 1-0 I was hoping/expecting four or five).

As I put elsewhere, we were fine for 20/25 minutes but then there were a few passages of play that started to breed concern — I remember one sequence down the left where Edwards and Celina both overcomplicated an attack with a couple of flicks that, while not quite showboating, weren't things you'd do if you were 100% going at it. Rang a few alarm bells at the time. We never really got ourselves out of that lull and once an opponent gets a sense of it then you're in for a tough afternoon against anyone. Not bothered in scheme of things but annoying that our attitude wasn't quite right.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Thought we started the game brightly on 12:50 - Nov 7 with 360 viewsjayessess

Thought we started the game brightly on 11:45 - Nov 7 by SomethingBlue

Yeah, coasting is exactly what we did (and perhaps what our fans did too ... I must certainly admit that after 1-0 I was hoping/expecting four or five).

As I put elsewhere, we were fine for 20/25 minutes but then there were a few passages of play that started to breed concern — I remember one sequence down the left where Edwards and Celina both overcomplicated an attack with a couple of flicks that, while not quite showboating, weren't things you'd do if you were 100% going at it. Rang a few alarm bells at the time. We never really got ourselves out of that lull and once an opponent gets a sense of it then you're in for a tough afternoon against anyone. Not bothered in scheme of things but annoying that our attitude wasn't quite right.

We do seem to have this complacency just below the surface at all times, don't we?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Thought we started the game brightly on 12:57 - Nov 7 with 335 viewstimothyeo

Thought we started the game brightly on 12:50 - Nov 7 by jayessess

We do seem to have this complacency just below the surface at all times, don't we?

Feels like its been an issue for the entirety of Cooks time here. We generally take the lead in games, but after that..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024