Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday 10:00 - Nov 7 with 1816 viewsKesgrave_Exile

I was at the game yesterday and couldn't see why the ref gave the penalty. After watching the highlights I'm even more confused why the penalty was given. The only thing I would see was JD holding a player but that was minimal.

The ref was proper crap I would like to add
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:06 - Nov 7 with 1792 viewsHerbivore

Just seen the Beeb highlights and there's a very clear shirt pull on the fella who heads it at Walton. It's not even subtle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:10 - Nov 7 with 1771 viewsEly_Blue

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:06 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

Just seen the Beeb highlights and there's a very clear shirt pull on the fella who heads it at Walton. It's not even subtle.

If this gets given for every shirt pull in the box at corners though we end up with 5 penalties a game surely?

It’s the consistency (or lack of it) that is infuriating as every team has these every week.

If the guy manages to get the header away and isn’t unduly impeded then surely it’s no foul? Much as if a player is running through and gets caught but doesn’t go down and gets his shot off you’d never see a fk or penalty given

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:13 - Nov 7 with 1755 viewsHerbivore

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:10 - Nov 7 by Ely_Blue

If this gets given for every shirt pull in the box at corners though we end up with 5 penalties a game surely?

It’s the consistency (or lack of it) that is infuriating as every team has these every week.

If the guy manages to get the header away and isn’t unduly impeded then surely it’s no foul? Much as if a player is running through and gets caught but doesn’t go down and gets his shot off you’d never see a fk or penalty given

A shirt pull is a foul, regardless of whether you still get to the ball. You're still being impeded. He might have had an easier header without being pulled back. I agree that there's a lack of consistency but having watched the highlights it's very obvious what the penalty was given for.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:49 - Nov 7 with 1658 viewsbournemouthblue

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:13 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

A shirt pull is a foul, regardless of whether you still get to the ball. You're still being impeded. He might have had an easier header without being pulled back. I agree that there's a lack of consistency but having watched the highlights it's very obvious what the penalty was given for.

They had a blatant one in the Prem on Mings yesterday which wasn't given

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 11:25 - Nov 7 with 1570 viewsronnyd

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:49 - Nov 7 by bournemouthblue

Yes, was going to post that too. What is the use of VAR if they don't bother to use it. That was really easy to spot without VAR.
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 11:44 - Nov 7 with 1538 viewsRonFearonsHair

I was equally bemused as to how Burns appeared to be flagged offside for letting the ball go out for a corner.
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 12:06 - Nov 7 with 1466 viewsWickets

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:06 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

Yes me too think its Evans .
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 12:08 - Nov 7 with 1464 viewsWickets

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:49 - Nov 7 by bournemouthblue

Yes there was and that should have been a penalty as well .
Login to get fewer ads

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 13:30 - Nov 7 with 1362 viewsDurovigutum

Ref was ok, a 6/10 performance. Gave one corner against us where the players were all getting ready for a goal kick, which was one of three or four he got wrong in short succession and made it seem worse than it was.

I thought there was a lot of holding and shirt pulling yesterday. I hate it and when I referee I stamp on it, often to receive early complaints that then vanish and a game of football breaks out. This is the problem though - interpretation. Real the LoTG and shirt pulling or the level of physical contact that is a "foul" is really unclear.

I couldn't see why the penalty was given in the game and again the players were confused by the decision with no appeals. I was sitting 100 yards away however....
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 13:38 - Nov 7 with 1349 viewsWickets

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 13:30 - Nov 7 by Durovigutum

Ref was ok, a 6/10 performance. Gave one corner against us where the players were all getting ready for a goal kick, which was one of three or four he got wrong in short succession and made it seem worse than it was.

I thought there was a lot of holding and shirt pulling yesterday. I hate it and when I referee I stamp on it, often to receive early complaints that then vanish and a game of football breaks out. This is the problem though - interpretation. Real the LoTG and shirt pulling or the level of physical contact that is a "foul" is really unclear.

I couldn't see why the penalty was given in the game and again the players were confused by the decision with no appeals. I was sitting 100 yards away however....

OK your a Ref watch the BBC Highlights and tell us what you think !
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 13:43 - Nov 7 with 1334 viewsTrumptonBlue

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 13:30 - Nov 7 by Durovigutum

There's an appeal from Oldham's number 5 both before and after Bahamboula gets the header in. He has a clear view of the tug. It has to be a penalty.

Edit: The two players on the edge of the box, the number 10 and number 6, also see the pull and appeal before the ball is dead.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 13:50]
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 14:17 - Nov 7 with 1293 viewslongtimefan

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 13:43 - Nov 7 by TrumptonBlue

There's an appeal from Oldham's number 5 both before and after Bahamboula gets the header in. He has a clear view of the tug. It has to be a penalty.

Edit: The two players on the edge of the box, the number 10 and number 6, also see the pull and appeal before the ball is dead.

There is a clear pull by Lee Evans on the video but it’s somewhat strange that the Ref appears to give it against Donacian because he immediately cautions him (not shown on the video). It’s not a caution for dissent either as Donacian doesn’t react until shown the card.
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 14:55 - Nov 7 with 1234 viewsRamRob

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 11:44 - Nov 7 by RonFearonsHair

I was equally bemused as to how Burns appeared to be flagged offside for letting the ball go out for a corner.

It'll be because he stopped the Oldham player from stopping it going out of play, therefore affecting play from an offside position

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 14:57 - Nov 7 with 1228 viewsRamRob

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 12:06 - Nov 7 by Wickets

Yes me too think its Evans .

That's why JD was so confused when he was booked, you could tell he was saying it wasn't him to the Ref

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 15:08 - Nov 7 with 1189 viewswkj

For all of the crap refs we've seen this season, yesterday's was barely comparible. Plain as day penalty for me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 15:09 - Nov 7 with 1185 viewsandytown

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 13:43 - Nov 7 by TrumptonBlue

Re the shirt pulling/holding, if you look at the moment just before the Oldham equaliser, their attacker holds onto the Ips player, the Ips player next to him appeals and nothing is given. If the penalty is a foul, then so was that.
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 16:59 - Nov 7 with 1100 viewsGeoffSentence

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 15:09 - Nov 7 by andytown

Re the shirt pulling/holding, if you look at the moment just before the Oldham equaliser, their attacker holds onto the Ips player, the Ips player next to him appeals and nothing is given. If the penalty is a foul, then so was that.

Yep, I was in the stands right above it, clear pull back. They were doing it every time one of ours broke as well. More often than not the ref did blow up for a foul, but he missed that one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 18:14 - Nov 7 with 1022 viewsRonFearonsHair

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 14:55 - Nov 7 by RamRob

It'll be because he stopped the Oldham player from stopping it going out of play, therefore affecting play from an offside position

Makes sense then. Thanks for clearing that one up.
The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 18:42 - Nov 7 with 986 viewsStokieBlue

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 10:10 - Nov 7 by Ely_Blue

That would happen for about a week before the defenders stopped do it.

The consistency is very poor but then we are playing at a lower level so can't really expect brilliant referees.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 21:24 - Nov 7 with 863 viewsDave_Og

The Penalty in the Game Yesterday on 18:42 - Nov 7 by StokieBlue

That would happen for about a week before the defenders stopped do it.

The consistency is very poor but then we are playing at a lower level so can't really expect brilliant referees.

SB

I can't really get how anyone can see the replay and not acknowledge that was a clear penalty. As there was clearly no attempt to play the ball he was lucky not to get a red card. Clear goalscoring opportunity
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024