Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now 18:55 - Nov 8 with 2118 viewsGeoffSentence

Going somewhat OTT

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 18:56 - Nov 8 with 2114 viewsChondzoresk

Just thought the same. Has Farke died?
Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 18:58 - Nov 8 with 2095 viewsbournemouthblue

Highly predictable, it's an extended arm of their media output ultimately

Like a Soviet dictatorship

But that's Norwich, they have murals of someone who won the Championship, we have them of a Sir Bobby and Sir Alf

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:00 - Nov 8 with 2077 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Did you expect anything different?

I am amazed anyone other than ardent nodge fans bothers watching.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:04 - Nov 8 with 2051 viewsGeoffSentence

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 18:56 - Nov 8 by Chondzoresk

Just thought the same. Has Farke died?

Defo had that feel, like a much lovd uncle had died

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:08 - Nov 8 with 2033 viewsNthQldITFC

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:04 - Nov 8 by GeoffSentence

Defo had that feel, like a much lovd uncle had died

The dodgy step-brother that ran off with the family silver. Oh, hang on, that doesn't work with them. Well, the family bit is OK I guess.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:42 - Nov 8 with 1924 viewsArnieM

Hope they totally cock it up now ( they have already haven’t they )

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:47 - Nov 8 with 1892 viewsbournemouthblue

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:42 - Nov 8 by ArnieM

Hope they totally cock it up now ( they have already haven’t they )

They are due some bad luck, it's been pretty good decade for them sadly

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 20:28 - Nov 8 with 1769 viewsJ2BLUE

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:00 - Nov 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Did you expect anything different?

I am amazed anyone other than ardent nodge fans bothers watching.

Agreed. Why people watch and then bitch about it...I don't get it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 21:21 - Nov 8 with 1659 viewsHelp

So Look East make a big deal about the non-death of the Narwhich City manager, who for the record won promotion to the Prem twice as Champ winners and relegation once, possibly leading them to their second relegation under his name. They also managed to find a mural for a man that achieved what exactly.

Keep on celebrating that famous win over Barcelona

Tine for a mural of Burley and that 5th place finish in the prem
Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 22:55 - Nov 8 with 1547 viewswitchdoctor

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 21:21 - Nov 8 by Help

So Look East make a big deal about the non-death of the Narwhich City manager, who for the record won promotion to the Prem twice as Champ winners and relegation once, possibly leading them to their second relegation under his name. They also managed to find a mural for a man that achieved what exactly.

Keep on celebrating that famous win over Barcelona

Tine for a mural of Burley and that 5th place finish in the prem

ermmmmm….Bayern…
Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 07:48 - Nov 9 with 1375 viewsArnieM

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 19:47 - Nov 8 by bournemouthblue

They are due some bad luck, it's been pretty good decade for them sadly

It has been compared to is true…. But I constantly ask this question. What have they actually achieved? They a million miles from a true Premier League quality. If success is measured by having a “ nice academy “ amply funded by Sky money , but it doesn’t , despite that funding result in a meaningful ability to compete in the PL when they get there , then other than being a well funded yo-yo club , what else are they about ? As GC20 would ask, is that a good return on investment? I’d suggest in their case, no.

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 08:24 - Nov 9 with 1323 viewsfranz_tyson

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 07:48 - Nov 9 by ArnieM

It has been compared to is true…. But I constantly ask this question. What have they actually achieved? They a million miles from a true Premier League quality. If success is measured by having a “ nice academy “ amply funded by Sky money , but it doesn’t , despite that funding result in a meaningful ability to compete in the PL when they get there , then other than being a well funded yo-yo club , what else are they about ? As GC20 would ask, is that a good return on investment? I’d suggest in their case, no.

I think Gamechanger would love some of that PL money and the parachute payments.

Yes, Gamechanger would think it’s a good return on investment.

Norwich can’t compete in the PL, sure enough, but they at least got there easily enough. We’re going to have to work a bit harder to try and be able to compete in the Championship.

There’s no denying they have out-stripped us by a long way the last 10 years or so.

A far better run club who might, hopefully, have just made a big error.
Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 08:47 - Nov 9 with 1282 viewsArnieM

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 08:24 - Nov 9 by franz_tyson

I think Gamechanger would love some of that PL money and the parachute payments.

Yes, Gamechanger would think it’s a good return on investment.

Norwich can’t compete in the PL, sure enough, but they at least got there easily enough. We’re going to have to work a bit harder to try and be able to compete in the Championship.

There’s no denying they have out-stripped us by a long way the last 10 years or so.

A far better run club who might, hopefully, have just made a big error.

I’d dispute the far better run club . Over the last 10-15 years you’re not comparing like with like are you.

They had had over £600m pumped into their coffers

Vs

Administration (largely brought about by the collapse of digital tv and Town trying to cope with European football, which didn’t need in our 2nd yr in the PL), and the fall out from that & a £100m debt.

Compare the two clubs in another decade or so now that we are getting money pumped into our coffers and have a comparable infrastructure . Then we’ll see who’s the “better run”!

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 08:57 - Nov 9 with 1266 viewsfranz_tyson

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 08:47 - Nov 9 by ArnieM

I’d dispute the far better run club . Over the last 10-15 years you’re not comparing like with like are you.

Vs

Administration (largely brought about by the collapse of digital tv and Town trying to cope with European football, which didn’t need in our 2nd yr in the PL), and the fall out from that & a £100m debt.

Compare the two clubs in another decade or so now that we are getting money pumped into our coffers and have a comparable infrastructure . Then we’ll see who’s the “better run”!

Look I don’t want to argue on Norwich’s side but they earnt that 600 million by getting promoted to the PL. They weren’t given that money by a billionaire owner. We were the ones with the billionaire owner.
And that 600 million or whatever was on offer to us and any other side that was good enough to get promoted. We squandered our chances by bad management appointments and bad decision-making and god knows what else while they’ve mainly out-stripped us. Our fortunes might change, but I’ll give them their dues over the last 10 years.
So yes they have been the better run club.
Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 11:29 - Nov 9 with 1178 viewsstonojnr

Vs

Look I'll always dispute the impact ITV digital collapse had on causing Towns administration,as they were collapsing whilst we were collecting premiership revenues and building far bigger debts.

But if you are going to use it as an excuse, Norwich would also have been impacted by that and more so as they hadnt been getting premiership money, they lost an estimated 4million from ITV and yet they didnt collapse into a financial black hole because they did their share issue and sold land they owned for a couple of million, cut costs and that kept them afloat.

And that may well be why their approach since has been about financial security ahead of gambling on the risk of massively increasing their spending habits. And there have still been occasions in that time where it's gone close to going financially very wrong for them, they flirted with League 1 football for a season, they could have missed out on promotion a couple of times, theyve done well to avoid the mistakes of us, Sunderland and Derby, Derby were relegated with us in 2002, Sunderland followed the next season.
Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 13:05 - Nov 9 with 1122 viewstimothyeo

Vs

This is desperate.

We can all hate Norwich whilst still realising their club has been run 100000x better than ours has over the past decade and they've reaped the rewards from it. Of course they've had luck on the way but that's what happens when you get core, fundamental decisions right. They're an absolute lightyear away from us, even if they go down this season
Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 01:47 - Dec 2 with 850 viewsbournemouthblue

Vs

They have certainly hit the gravy train at the right time and found a formula to get back to the Premier League quickly albeit no cohesive strategy for staying there

Lambert remains perhaps the most important manager in their history

In another Universe somewhere, they could still be struggling to get out of League One, let alone achieving back to back promotions

Look Nodge having a Farking love in right now on 08:30 - Dec 2 with 550 viewsHARRY10

Vs

It's time this urban myth of the 'clooapse' of ITV Digitayal' was put to bed. It sdrves nothing other tha to allow Town fans to confort themselves that they didn't lose. They were 'stabbed in the back'.

We lost around £2m, but owed the HMRC around £4.7m (ish). What was owed to ther crddiotirs ?

To talk of the budgies getting £600m 'pumped in' as if that was somehow of no doing by them is absurd. You have to get promoted to achieve that. Something they did twice from the position we are in, L1. And without a US backer either.

Look at the clubs now out of the PL who had that kind of money 'pumped in'. Hull, Blackburn, Wigan, Swansea, Stoke, Cardiff, Reading..... to Sunderland, Pompey and Bolton. All spent years in the PL. Some even with wealthy backers.

And you compound your nonsense by talking about who will be the best run, by talking of how it will be now we are supposedly having money 'pimped in'. Well so far there doesn't appear to be a great deal being 'pumped in' and we don't seem to be doing too well on it either.

Maybe you should hold fire. Ignore what is happening up the road if it winds you up, and concentrate on us. Because at the moment we don't look too certain of getting out of L1 as things stand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024