Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
60k Stadium 08:40 - Nov 9 with 6626 viewspennblue

In order for us to have a sustainable 'upper' Premier League club, we need a stadium full in the 50-60,000 region.

Therefore, if we grab Chelmsford, Newmarket, Lowestoft, Clacton, Felixstowe, Ipswich, Sudbury, Bury, Haverhill, Braintree, Bishops Stortford. Is it enough of a catchment area? Or are we going to have to start getting VERY good at getting people to the matches?

Or is this pie in the sky?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

60k Stadium on 08:43 - Nov 9 with 4336 viewstivo

Let's worry about getting out of League one...
60k Stadium on 08:43 - Nov 9 with 4331 viewshomer_123

The last time we did a major stadium investment - it spelled the beginning of the end for us.

Shall we concentrate on getting out of L1 first?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

60k Stadium on 08:44 - Nov 9 with 4319 viewsHerbivore

What you smoking, bro?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

60k Stadium on 08:47 - Nov 9 with 4289 viewsitfcjoe

We don 't need one that size, 30k is more than adequate for the long term - if we were to sustain ourselves in the PL for a long time at most you'd go up to about 40k but that is a long way off.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

60k Stadium on 08:48 - Nov 9 with 4276 viewsOldboy

40,000 is plenty. A slight jig with what we have is all that is needed. From where we are now to mid table Premier League is an awful long way off. Let's just take it season by season for now.
60k Stadium on 08:49 - Nov 9 with 4261 viewsTractorCam

Leicester and Everton would disagree.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

60k Stadium on 08:50 - Nov 9 with 4242 viewsSitfcB

60k Stadium on 08:49 - Nov 9 by TractorCam

And Brentford, Norwich and Bournemouth (when they were in it)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

60k Stadium on 08:53 - Nov 9 with 4226 viewsJon_456

Man City have been one of, if not the most successful club in England this past decade and even they cant fill their 55k stadium, so I highly doubt we would get 60k.

If we were to redevelop, I would imagine we would be looking at 35-37k and that's probably after 5 years in the prem.
Login to get fewer ads

60k Stadium on 09:00 - Nov 9 with 4180 viewsN2_Blue

Pie in the sky and ridiculous.

We do not need a stadium of this size, and we never will in the next 50 years! If and that's a big if considering we are an L1 club, we establish ourselves in the Prem then 30k is more than adequate. Many big clubs in metropolitan areas don't even have 50k stadiums.

The most i could ever see us needing is around 40k but then if you exit the premier league you are left with a half empty stadium which is just crap. Getting gates of 20k in a 30k stadium is just about ok, but any more empty seats and it ruins the match day experience.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

60k Stadium on 09:03 - Nov 9 with 4152 viewsChurchman

Geographically, the potential catchment area is large and population wise the potential is far greater than clubs hemmed in by others such as Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley etc. However, the ground record stands at 38000 (I was there!) and I think the ground capacity needs to be no more than 35000.

To get near that we need to recapture the ‘lost generation’ or at least ensure the future generations are attracted which means doing things far far better than before in the ground and in that potential catchment area.
60k Stadium on 09:04 - Nov 9 with 4134 viewsBlue_Order

Can we get a Planet Blue back in Bury St. Edmunds first, please?
60k Stadium on 09:04 - Nov 9 with 4135 viewsWD19

60k Stadium on 08:43 - Nov 9 by homer_123

The last time we did a major stadium investment - it spelled the beginning of the end for us.

Shall we concentrate on getting out of L1 first?

Correction: The last 2 times.
60k Stadium on 09:12 - Nov 9 with 4055 viewsunbelievablue

60k Stadium on 08:47 - Nov 9 by itfcjoe

We don 't need one that size, 30k is more than adequate for the long term - if we were to sustain ourselves in the PL for a long time at most you'd go up to about 40k but that is a long way off.

Absolutely. 60k isn't necessary. 40k version of PR (bigger Cobbold I assume?) works fine.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

60k Stadium on 09:19 - Nov 9 with 4015 viewsWeWereZombies

Wouldn't it be better if Chelmsford, Newmarket, Lowestoft, Clacton, Felixstowe, Sudbury, Bury St. Edmunds, Haverhill, Braintree, Bishop's Stortford and, let us not forget, Woodbridge had bigger and better supported clubs so that those local to them had less distance to travel to see a quality game of football, that football supporters had the chance to walk or cycle to the clubs that they supported?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

60k Stadium on 09:21 - Nov 9 with 3992 viewsOldboy

60k Stadium on 09:19 - Nov 9 by WeWereZombies

Wouldn't it be better if Chelmsford, Newmarket, Lowestoft, Clacton, Felixstowe, Sudbury, Bury St. Edmunds, Haverhill, Braintree, Bishop's Stortford and, let us not forget, Woodbridge had bigger and better supported clubs so that those local to them had less distance to travel to see a quality game of football, that football supporters had the chance to walk or cycle to the clubs that they supported?

And we could nick their best players.
60k Stadium on 09:24 - Nov 9 with 3960 viewshoppy

You missed out Stowmarket.

(and Ixworth, for that matter)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

60k Stadium on 09:26 - Nov 9 with 3955 viewsWeWereZombies

60k Stadium on 09:24 - Nov 9 by hoppy

You missed out Stowmarket.

(and Ixworth, for that matter)

Sadly I find your latest post somewhat Needhamist...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

60k Stadium on 09:26 - Nov 9 with 3954 viewsKeno

60k Stadium on 09:19 - Nov 9 by WeWereZombies

Lest we forget those other East Anglian footballing backwaters like Colchester, Southend, Norwich, Peterborough and Cambridge

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

60k Stadium on 09:30 - Nov 9 with 3929 viewshoppy

60k Stadium on 09:12 - Nov 9 by unbelievablue

Absolutely. 60k isn't necessary. 40k version of PR (bigger Cobbold I assume?) works fine.

I would imagine a restructuring of a larger Cobbold stand may incorporate a new 'main' front entrance to the club too, being town facing (and actually ON Portman Road too!)?
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 9:43]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

60k Stadium on 09:31 - Nov 9 with 3932 viewsGuthrum

Matchday income (tickets, food and drink, etc.) only makes up a small proportion of a Premier League club's turnover. By far the largest element is the various forms of TV money (direct or via the PL). Stadium capacity has no bearing upon that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

60k Stadium on 09:35 - Nov 9 with 3873 viewsunbelievablue

60k Stadium on 09:31 - Nov 9 by Guthrum

Matchday income (tickets, food and drink, etc.) only makes up a small proportion of a Premier League club's turnover. By far the largest element is the various forms of TV money (direct or via the PL). Stadium capacity has no bearing upon that.

Not to mention we'd very much struggle to sell out anything north of 40k, surely.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

60k Stadium on 09:35 - Nov 9 with 3867 viewsEly_Blue

60k Stadium on 08:49 - Nov 9 by TractorCam

And Wolves, West Brom amongst others

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

60k Stadium on 09:40 - Nov 9 with 3819 viewsBluespeed225

I don’t know what world you live in, but in case you haven’t noticed, we are the filling in a Premier League train line sandwich. To get over 20k at the moment is nuts, but we’ll never need more than 35k tops. Spammers hoovered up Colchester downward years ago, and Norwich have done an excellent job in north Suffolk. IF we ever went up I’d happily see an over subscribed PR than a white elephant stand built.
60k Stadium on 09:42 - Nov 9 with 3804 viewsSomethingBlue

No chance, we need to be very careful even if we’ve totally exploded in five years. Could see the new Cobbold Stand, when that happens as it will, adding three or four thousand to the capacity but that would do, even if we were in the top flight for a few years.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

60k Stadium on 09:45 - Nov 9 with 3773 viewshomer_123

60k Stadium on 09:04 - Nov 9 by WD19

Correction: The last 2 times.

Painting those turnstiles was problematic wasn't it....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024