Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No youngsters tonight 12:06 - Nov 9 with 2583 viewsitfcjoe

Cook has said will be all first teamers, and then Armin and Humphreys who are no doubt closest are in the 23s - as are Siziba and Yengi who were also on the bench for the last PJT game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No youngsters tonight on 12:08 - Nov 9 with 2194 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't see the point. He said this was his fourth priority by a mile. Why now take it seriously?

Is it due to the slow start? If so, winning this game won't make it right.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No youngsters tonight on 12:11 - Nov 9 with 2168 viewsmarky7itfc

No youngsters tonight on 12:08 - Nov 9 by J2BLUE

I don't see the point. He said this was his fourth priority by a mile. Why now take it seriously?

Hell change the full 11 from the weekend but some of those will fill the bench.

Ipswich till i die!!

No youngsters tonight on 12:14 - Nov 9 with 2138 viewsSitfcB

I’d say he has taken it pretty seriously in the last two games as well.

Winner goes through tonight, like it was said last night it’s a potential day out at Wembley.

There’s going to be 11 changes but it’ll be a strong side with first team players on the bench as well.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 12:15]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

No youngsters tonight on 12:16 - Nov 9 with 2116 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I quite like the idea of still being in two cup competitions in mid November. What's not to like. As at this moment in time we can go to Wembley four times this season, how refreshing is that!
No youngsters tonight on 12:16 - Nov 9 with 2114 viewsitfcsuth

He has played largely first teamers throughout. He may take it a little more serious this evening, given the ex Town connection and winner goes through.
No youngsters tonight on 12:19 - Nov 9 with 2090 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Considering it'll be a completely changed 11 I think it still shows its the lowest priority. Weaker team than the FA Cup and league. It just happens we have so much strength in depth
No youngsters tonight on 12:19 - Nov 9 with 2089 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The first team squad basically has enough quality for 2 teams.

Some of the players are desperate for game time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

No youngsters tonight on 12:19 - Nov 9 with 2091 viewsitfcsuth

No youngsters tonight on 12:11 - Nov 9 by marky7itfc

Hell change the full 11 from the weekend but some of those will fill the bench.

Hladky
Donacien - Woolfenden - Nsiala - Penney (or Kenlock)
Harper - El Mizouni
Aluko - Fraser - Barry
Pigott

Pigott, Harper, Fraser could really do with good minutes tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

No youngsters tonight on 12:24 - Nov 9 with 2042 viewshoppy

No youngsters tonight on 12:16 - Nov 9 by itfcsuth

He has played largely first teamers throughout. He may take it a little more serious this evening, given the ex Town connection and winner goes through.

'given the ex Town connection' - I doubt that even comes into the thinking or planning.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

No youngsters tonight on 12:25 - Nov 9 with 2026 viewswkj

No youngsters tonight on 12:24 - Nov 9 by hoppy

'given the ex Town connection' - I doubt that even comes into the thinking or planning.

I certainly hope not. If this becomes about ego, then we have problems.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Wemberrrrrleeeeee!!! (n/t) on 12:26 - Nov 9 with 2004 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

No youngsters tonight on 12:26 - Nov 9 with 2007 viewsitfcsuth

No youngsters tonight on 12:24 - Nov 9 by hoppy

It probably will, from both sides. Whether they openly admit that or not is different story, but it will be in the minds.
No youngsters tonight on 12:28 - Nov 9 with 1968 viewsfranz_tyson

Don’t see the problem with having no youngsters.
We’ve got loads of fringe players who needs games.
Youngsters should get their on merit, not because it’s the Papa Johns Trophy.
We’ve had loads of young kids who’ve played previously in this trophy and they’ve since left the club and got nowhere near the first team.
Get them good loans if they need first team action.
No youngsters tonight on 12:31 - Nov 9 with 1927 viewsGarv

Good.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

No youngsters tonight on 12:33 - Nov 9 with 1890 viewsitfcjoe

It will be 11 changes so can't see that it is taking it seriously still, we just have ahuge squad.

Personally I'd have stuck the kids on the bench and given the key men the night off ahead of Sunday as don't see the point in being rested if yous till have to warm up and may have to play half an hour

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No youngsters tonight on 12:35 - Nov 9 with 1877 viewsabracaDOBRA_

No youngsters tonight on 12:33 - Nov 9 by itfcjoe

It will be 11 changes so can't see that it is taking it seriously still, we just have ahuge squad.

Personally I'd have stuck the kids on the bench and given the key men the night off ahead of Sunday as don't see the point in being rested if yous till have to warm up and may have to play half an hour

Sunday? That's Crewe isnt it
No youngsters tonight on 12:43 - Nov 9 with 1774 viewsFixed_It

No youngsters tonight on 12:35 - Nov 9 by abracaDOBRA_

Sunday? That's Crewe isnt it

Shh. Don't tell him!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No youngsters tonight on 12:56 - Nov 9 with 1678 viewsjayessess

No youngsters tonight on 12:28 - Nov 9 by franz_tyson

Don’t see the problem with having no youngsters.
We’ve got loads of fringe players who needs games.
Youngsters should get their on merit, not because it’s the Papa Johns Trophy.
We’ve had loads of young kids who’ve played previously in this trophy and they’ve since left the club and got nowhere near the first team.
Get them good loans if they need first team action.

Sometimes good to see some of our kids in the context of our other first team players, I think?

For me, it's also a bit more intriguing for us all to see if some of our kids are ready for the step up, as opposed to seeing the 2nd string of the seniors.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No youngsters tonight on 13:11 - Nov 9 with 1614 viewsfranz_tyson

No youngsters tonight on 12:56 - Nov 9 by jayessess

Sometimes good to see some of our kids in the context of our other first team players, I think?

For me, it's also a bit more intriguing for us all to see if some of our kids are ready for the step up, as opposed to seeing the 2nd string of the seniors.

I’d rather the best of our youngsters are doing well away from here on loan. It matters more than in this trophy where we’ve seen youngsters handle themselves pretty well on occasions and then disappear for good.
Not sure this trophy is a stepping stone to the first team. I think there’s such a gulf between 23’s and the first team. A loan out seems to be the next logical step upfrom the 23’s.
And our 2nd string are actually pretty decent quality who needs games.
No youngsters tonight on 13:22 - Nov 9 with 1555 viewsSwansea_Blue

Could this still give us a route to Wembley? I'd be happy enough to have a half-serious push at it if so. We've plenty of senior players who aren't getting much game time so yeah, let's throw them all on. The kids will have their time again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No youngsters tonight on 14:18 - Nov 9 with 1394 viewsN2_Blue

FFS J2

He's hardly taking it seriously when it's not the first choice X1. And the point is not necessarily to ensure you win the game, it's to give minutes to those that need it.

he is playing 1st team squad that is short of minutes, i.e. Pigott, Hdlacky, Fraser etc.

That's absolutely perfect. I'd be disappointed if these players weren't playing, especially as they didn't play against Oldham.

Some people just basj for bashing sake sometimes

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

No youngsters tonight on 14:49 - Nov 9 with 1318 viewsJ2BLUE

No youngsters tonight on 14:18 - Nov 9 by N2_Blue

FFS J2

He's hardly taking it seriously when it's not the first choice X1. And the point is not necessarily to ensure you win the game, it's to give minutes to those that need it.

he is playing 1st team squad that is short of minutes, i.e. Pigott, Hdlacky, Fraser etc.

That's absolutely perfect. I'd be disappointed if these players weren't playing, especially as they didn't play against Oldham.

Some people just basj for bashing sake sometimes

I've been very supportive of Cook. I asked a question.

Hardly bashing for the sake of it which you would have know if you had paid any attention to my posts. Wasn't it you asking why I thought it would turn around a couple of months ago?

Truly impaired.

No youngsters tonight on 14:52 - Nov 9 with 1307 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Strikes me that with some posters Cook can’t do right for doing wrong, not necessarily you J2.
But, he puts the kids on tonight and he gets accused of neglecting the first teamers like Pigott and Barry and of not taking the competition seriously, so skipping a chance to get to Wembley.

Plays a strong squad and he’s ignoring the kids.

Some people just don’t like him. I get it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

No youngsters tonight on 15:07 - Nov 9 with 1258 viewsJ2BLUE

No youngsters tonight on 14:52 - Nov 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Strikes me that with some posters Cook can’t do right for doing wrong, not necessarily you J2.
But, he puts the kids on tonight and he gets accused of neglecting the first teamers like Pigott and Barry and of not taking the competition seriously, so skipping a chance to get to Wembley.

Plays a strong squad and he’s ignoring the kids.

Some people just don’t like him. I get it.

I don't disagree with that. I don't care about this cup and I got the impression from his words pre-season he would rather not bother with it. Might well be wrong.

Truly impaired.

No youngsters tonight on 15:17 - Nov 9 with 1206 viewsEwan_Oozami

No youngsters tonight on 15:07 - Nov 9 by J2BLUE

I don't disagree with that. I don't care about this cup and I got the impression from his words pre-season he would rather not bother with it. Might well be wrong.

The situation has changed since pre-season - Cook now has a strong squad, possibly with more quality players than he might have expected to get - so the kids aren't quite as important now as they might have been had the players not come in - so he's now looking at the EFL trophy as a way of giving the recent non-starters a run out - and let's face it, they should still be able to beat Colchester comfortably...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024