Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clements looked decent 07:49 - Nov 10 with 1211 viewsfranz_tyson

Thought he did well when he came on. Assured on the ball and linked well with Chaplin and Fraser.

Not sure he was tested enough defensively to know how he’d get on in a L1 match. Question marks about our left back position. Coulsen always injured, Penney looking shaky. Has Clements got a chance to force his way into the side…. or is it too much of a leap up from the 23’s? These cup games can be misleading at which level these young players are at. Thought he did well though and looks like he’s a decent size that maybe could handle the physicality of first team football.

Clements looked decent on 08:02 - Nov 10 with 1154 viewswkj

He did much better than Kenlock, but still has a lot of work to do in order to be relied on in the league, but he's not a million miles away.

I say this as he made a few safe passes rather than crosses last night - thought overall put in a good account for himself.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Clements looked decent on 08:04 - Nov 10 with 1152 viewsParky

Apart from when he smashed it wover [wide and over] from 6 yards out, following that short free-kick I thought he done ok.
Clements looked decent on 09:22 - Nov 10 with 1053 viewsitfcjoe

I couldnt really see the point of starting Kenlock and then subbing at half time - just wasted a sub really.

If Kenlock not eligible then 90 minutes for Clements would have been better as we are short at full back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Clements looked decent on 09:24 - Nov 10 with 1025 viewsfranz_tyson

Clements looked decent on 09:22 - Nov 10 by itfcjoe

I couldnt really see the point of starting Kenlock and then subbing at half time - just wasted a sub really.

If Kenlock not eligible then 90 minutes for Clements would have been better as we are short at full back

He was sick according to Cook.
Clements looked decent on 09:31 - Nov 10 with 997 viewsitfcjoe

Clements looked decent on 09:24 - Nov 10 by franz_tyson

He was sick according to Cook.

AH ok - hadn't seen that and makes sense

Clements looked decent on 09:45 - Nov 10 with 947 viewsSitfcB

He was ill Monday but then declared fit to play but was throwing up at HT.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Clements looked decent on 10:16 - Nov 10 with 879 viewsFreddies_Ears

He came on for the U23s recently at CB and did well. I think there's a good player there, but he maybe needs a loan to a decent Conference side.
Clements looked decent on 10:41 - Nov 10 with 836 viewsPinewoodblue

Can only assume Cook is thinking we will need another LB available come January. Perhaps PC was thinking he might have to bring Kenlock into the squad.

Shame he wasn’t fit health wise. Clement seems the answer long term.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra, Simpson, El Miz, Clements, Ndaba, Baggot... on 10:50 - Nov 10 with 802 viewsunstableblue

.... not a bad crop coming through (not all came directly through academy I believe)

Who else is being seen as good enough to make it?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Dobra, Simpson, El Miz, Clements, Ndaba, Baggot... on 10:56 - Nov 10 with 788 viewswkj

Dobra, Simpson, El Miz, Clements, Ndaba, Baggot... on 10:50 - Nov 10 by unstableblue

.... not a bad crop coming through (not all came directly through academy I believe)

Who else is being seen as good enough to make it?

We've always got a good crop coming through - where we either get it wrong, or get unfortunate, is when it comes time to transition youth into the first team.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dobra, Simpson, El Miz, Clements, Ndaba, Baggot... on 13:42 - Nov 10 with 680 viewsunstableblue

Dobra, Simpson, El Miz, Clements, Ndaba, Baggot... on 10:56 - Nov 10 by wkj

We've always got a good crop coming through - where we either get it wrong, or get unfortunate, is when it comes time to transition youth into the first team.

That's the new guys role I suppose... sounded a but of a minister without portfolio

But perhaps you've summed up perfectly his remit

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Dobra, Simpson, El Miz, Clements, Ndaba, Baggot... on 13:44 - Nov 10 with 668 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra, Simpson, El Miz, Clements, Ndaba, Baggot... on 10:56 - Nov 10 by wkj

Every team in the land can say that really - it's why the numbers who actually make it are so low.

Clements looked decent on 13:56 - Nov 10 with 608 viewsSwansea_Blue

Clements looked decent on 10:16 - Nov 10 by Freddies_Ears

He came on for the U23s recently at CB and did well. I think there's a good player there, but he maybe needs a loan to a decent Conference side.

Yeah, I think we need to temper some of the enthusiasm and expectation for him. He's certainly doing enough to persevere with him and get him some game time out on loan. Talk of him slotting into the first team now is premature.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Clements looked decent on 14:34 - Nov 10 with 553 viewsblu_dru

He did ok, always went for simple safe passes usually straight back to the player he got it from. Its good for ball retention but he will need to do more to be in the first team. Didn't really see what he is like defensively last night either. Has the build of a centre back for me. But in being cautious he made no errors and did himself no harm either. Will need a loan for sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024