Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days 16:12 - Nov 11 with 2233 viewsStokieBlue

However it's a lockdown with a bit of a difference. It's only going to apply to the unvaccinated who will only be allowed out of their homes to work, exercise and essential shopping.

The vaccination rate there is only 65%, the lowest in Western Europe.

So this is possibly quite interesting. Do people object more to a lockdown specifically targeting the unvaccinated or vaccine passports for entry to places?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:13 - Nov 11 with 1716 viewsEly_Blue

Lock the anti vaxxers up for good, maybe just cull them in the process…….. problem solved

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:15 - Nov 11 with 1704 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yes to both.
Psychologically, removing choice will entrench resistance and result in an increased liklihood of disorder. And then there is the issue of the vaccinated still transmitting the virus regardless.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:17 - Nov 11 with 1686 viewsStokieBlue

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:15 - Nov 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes to both.
Psychologically, removing choice will entrench resistance and result in an increased liklihood of disorder. And then there is the issue of the vaccinated still transmitting the virus regardless.

"And then there is the issue of the vaccinated still transmitting the virus regardless."

This is less of an issue if all the unvaccinated people who end up in ICU when they get the virus from the vaccinated are locked up at home.....

I posted a new study from the Lancet yesterday, the booster jab seems to lower the likelihood of transmission as it counters the waning immunity.

SB

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:20 - Nov 11 with 1653 viewseastangliaisblue

Good on Austria I say.
Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:21 - Nov 11 with 1652 viewswkj

Im torn on this. The positives I need not mention, but those who are banging the civil liberties drum will be empowered by see this as discrimination/house arrest.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:23 - Nov 11 with 1638 viewsSarge

What’s the difference between the two? The only way to prove someone is vaccinated and therefore allowed into Hofer to buy more than just ‘essentials’ would be via some kind of vaccine passport?
Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:26 - Nov 11 with 1623 viewsJ2BLUE

Surely it's impossible to enforce? As much as I want to say it's great and well done them it's surely not going to work?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:31 - Nov 11 with 1600 viewsIllinoisblue

Tough to police/enforce but a step in the right direction. People who refuse to vaccinate and/or refuse to wear masks need to face consequences.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:41 - Nov 11 with 1564 viewsStokieBlue

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:26 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

Surely it's impossible to enforce? As much as I want to say it's great and well done them it's surely not going to work?

I have no idea how they plan to enforce it, spot checks for vaccination records maybe?

It would seem a hard one to enforce.

SB

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:42 - Nov 11 with 1551 viewsElderGrizzly

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:41 - Nov 11 by StokieBlue

I have no idea how they plan to enforce it, spot checks for vaccination records maybe?

SB

I assume they hope it has the same effect as the move by the French in banning the unvaccinated from cafes, bars etc.

Vaccination rates went up by about 20%
Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:46 - Nov 11 with 1521 viewsLesta_Tractor

The idea of vaccine passports doesn't bother me. I'm happy to follow any necessary measures to go snowboarding in Austria in January.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:48 - Nov 11 with 1510 viewsfooters

Good for them.

The 'freedoms' we get to enjoy as people in the West are only derived from the social contract in which we agree to forego other freedoms to enjoy a universally shared one. Some of that involves taking responsibilty for your own and others' health and general wellbeing.

If people don't like it, they are able to move somewhere else more amenable to their irresponsible views.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:48 - Nov 11 with 1509 viewsjaykay

didn't mean to down this. went to look who had down voted this and fat thumb did the same.
strange the down voted joined a football forum and only posted about covid. he could be related to michael chaves or j.freeman as his first post was when those anti vaxers were brought up in a tread

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:57 - Nov 11 with 1460 viewswkj

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:48 - Nov 11 by jaykay

didn't mean to down this. went to look who had down voted this and fat thumb did the same.
strange the down voted joined a football forum and only posted about covid. he could be related to michael chaves or j.freeman as his first post was when those anti vaxers were brought up in a tread

It's okay - I covered for you. Stokie knows I think he's too bourgeoisie to upvote off of my own back.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:59 - Nov 11 with 1450 viewsFreddies_Ears

It's a clever move by the Austrians, and just might give a bit of confidence to many concerned older folk who are minimising social contact still.
Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 17:03 - Nov 11 with 1433 viewsfactual_blue

Absolutely fine.

And those who go around serving 'legal papers' on nurses and teachers should be bricked in their own houses.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 17:06 - Nov 11 with 1420 viewsPinewoodblue

It needs a package of measures to best the virus, vaccine alone is not the answer. Add in mask wearing, and being required to produce a negative test result before attending any high risk event and you are getting somewhere.

Testing because you can be symptom free and still carry the virus. If we attend any event we always test before leaving home it is the only way you can reduce the risk of passing on the virus to someone vulnerable than you are.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 17:08 - Nov 11 with 1415 viewsStokieBlue

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 17:06 - Nov 11 by Pinewoodblue

It needs a package of measures to best the virus, vaccine alone is not the answer. Add in mask wearing, and being required to produce a negative test result before attending any high risk event and you are getting somewhere.

Testing because you can be symptom free and still carry the virus. If we attend any event we always test before leaving home it is the only way you can reduce the risk of passing on the virus to someone vulnerable than you are.

Sweden have abandoned testing for the vaccinated today. They are claiming the money can be spent in better ways.

SB

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 17:19 - Nov 11 with 1341 viewsfactual_blue

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:41 - Nov 11 by StokieBlue

SB

To be fair, people of an Austrian heritage do have some previous in introducing and enforcing draconian laws against minorities.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 17:50 - Nov 11 with 1206 viewsWeWereZombies

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 17:06 - Nov 11 by Pinewoodblue

I got an email from the RSPB asking me to lateral flow test twenty fours before I joined them on the Climate Action march in Glasgow last Saturday (you wouldn't have thought a bunch of ornithologists could chant to the extent of feeling like I was back in the North Stand during the Seventies but we did), there was no enforcement, no one asked us if we had done but it was a step in the right direction.

On my way to Kelvingrove Park to join up I saw a Scottish NHS poster advising everyone to do a twice weekly lateral flow test, another good idea.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 18:10 - Nov 11 with 1144 viewsSwansea_Blue

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:13 - Nov 11 by Ely_Blue

Lock the anti vaxxers up for good, maybe just cull them in the process…….. problem solved

To be fair, they're having a damn good go at culling themselves. Maybe we just need to let time take its course.

The partner of an anti vaxxer we know if currently in intensive care fighting for his life and at best likely to lose at least one limb (I'm not sure how that works wrt Covid, but hey ho).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 18:23 - Nov 11 with 1112 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:17 - Nov 11 by StokieBlue

"And then there is the issue of the vaccinated still transmitting the virus regardless."

This is less of an issue if all the unvaccinated people who end up in ICU when they get the virus from the vaccinated are locked up at home.....

I posted a new study from the Lancet yesterday, the booster jab seems to lower the likelihood of transmission as it counters the waning immunity.

SB

...and there are new anti viral treatments for those that get it. Another day another new study!
What about the first point?

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 18:24 - Nov 11 with 1108 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:13 - Nov 11 by Ely_Blue

Thanks for making the conflict point for me!

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 18:32 - Nov 11 with 1050 viewschicoazul

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 16:26 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

Maybe the unvaxxed could be made to wear something so everyone knows who they are? I think Austria have experience in that area too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 18:40 - Nov 11 with 1026 viewsSwansea_Blue

Austria looking at a lockdown in a few days on 18:32 - Nov 11 by chicoazul

Maybe the unvaxxed could be made to wear something so everyone knows who they are? I think Austria have experience in that area too.

Wasn't that a vile parallel that some quarters were trying to make earlier in the pandemic? Something about the covid deniers wearing the Star of David. I can't quite remember the details, but it a pretty shameless comparison.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024