Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball 11:53 - Nov 12 with 1865 viewsBobby

The chant by Portsmouth fans was ace, can we adopt it tomorrow:
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:03 - Nov 12 with 1791 viewsIllinoisblue

No.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:06 - Nov 12 with 1781 viewsReuser_is_God

No.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:07 - Nov 12 with 1778 viewsFixed_It

No.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:10 - Nov 12 with 1761 viewsBlueBadger

Sure, why n.......

No.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:12 - Nov 12 with 1744 viewsSitfcB

No.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:20 - Nov 12 with 1710 viewsDinDjarin

Absolutely not
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:22 - Nov 12 with 1700 viewsParky

No
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:24 - Nov 12 with 1688 viewsSteve_M

Nah.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:28 - Nov 12 with 1673 viewsMetal_Hacker

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:24 - Nov 12 by Steve_M

Nah.

Let me think about it for a ......

NO !

Poll: If it were one or the other

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:30 - Nov 12 with 1664 viewsGuthrum

Given how much better we are at getting and retaining possession of the ball than previous seasons (with significantly reduced head-tennis), I think that would be rather harsh.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:36 - Nov 12 with 1646 viewsslade1

No!!
Awful chant
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:57 - Nov 12 with 1588 viewsBobby

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:36 - Nov 12 by slade1

No!!
Awful chant

Fair enough then!
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 16:24 - Nov 12 with 1440 viewsMeadowlark

And while we're at it, can we stop singing that awful dirgy "We're the finest football team..."

It doesn't scan, it's sung by every team in the country, it's at least 20 years old and it sounds ridiculous coming from a third tier club.

There. I've said it. We shall hear no more of it and the matter is closed.

Thank-you.!
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 16:54 - Nov 12 with 1365 viewsEwan_Oozami

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 16:24 - Nov 12 by Meadowlark

And while we're at it, can we stop singing that awful dirgy "We're the finest football team..."

It doesn't scan, it's sung by every team in the country, it's at least 20 years old and it sounds ridiculous coming from a third tier club.

Thank-you.!

The original song is over 400 years old....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 17:26 - Nov 12 with 1321 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

No.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 19:34 - Nov 12 with 1262 viewsSamWhiteUK

Why would we want to sing that? They sung that because they were bored and their players were getting walked all over. Did that go over your head?
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 19:54 - Nov 12 with 1228 viewsKeaneish

Thank-you.!

Aren’t nearly all our songs sung by other teams?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 06:09 - Nov 13 with 1058 viewsquad

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 07:10 - Nov 13 with 1018 viewsKropotkin123

Thank-you.!

I loved that song as a kid in the Burley years. That feeling that with a bit more luck we'd get promoted and compete for trophies. The injustice at being wrongly held back by dinosaur teams like Tranmere or Grimsby turning up and parking the bus. Beating teams like Man Utd in the cup only served to underline that resolution that we were the finest football team, the world had ever seen.

Football songs aren't just about you. Belt it out with pride and inspire the next generation of Town fans.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 07:45 - Nov 13 with 985 viewsquad

Can we change Norwich get battered song to Norwich are bass tards? Then we can belt it out regardless of the scoreline and I think I prefer it anyway.
We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 08:25 - Nov 13 with 913 viewsArnieM

Pathetic chant ….. NO

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 11:41 - Nov 13 with 736 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’ve got the ball / we’ve lost the ball on 12:30 - Nov 12 by Guthrum

Given how much better we are at getting and retaining possession of the ball than previous seasons (with significantly reduced head-tennis), I think that would be rather harsh.

Indeed it sounds rather like they are fed up with their team's inability to retain possession. It would be rather nice to get behind the team instead of on their backs.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024