Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just realised 12:15 - Nov 12 with 859 viewsTrumptonBlue

Paul Cook played in the infamous 0-2 game v Stockport in 1997 featuring Davids Kerslake and Whyte. So while 50,000 of us claim to have been among the 8,938 there that night*, our manager has proof.

* I wasn't, but I was at the almost-equally-awful 0-3 defeat at Charlton the weekend before.
Just realised on 12:35 - Nov 12 with 796 viewsChurchman

I was there for the Stockport game but not the Charlton one. I do remember that soon after this we signed David Johnson and that changed our season. What an exciting, devastating player he turned out to be.
Just realised on 12:37 - Nov 12 with 772 viewsPhilTWTD

Stockport performance was a significant improvement on the Charlton display!
Just realised on 15:32 - Nov 12 with 598 viewsbluebudgie

I was at both and we played appallingly but it did sting the board into action seeing how poor we were by giving Burley the funds to sign David Johnson, almost a repeat of when Bobby Robson was the manager we had been on a run of defeats and bottom of league Man Utd had just beaten us easily at home(The night of the Robson out chants!) the board gave Robson the funds to go out and buy Allan Hunter, and the rest, as they say, is history!
Just realised on 17:11 - Nov 12 with 527 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I was most definately there on that awful night and the journey home to Long Stratton was most fitting as i followed a slow moving lorry containing bloody Portaloos all the way back up the A140.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Just realised on 18:07 - Nov 12 with 452 viewsbackwaywhen

Was there that miserable night , got to be one of our lowest league crowds under the lights for points ….. dire evening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024