Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& 12:26 - Nov 12 with 3302 viewsSouperJim

This quote from PC made me wonder what the league table would look like if we took away the first six games.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:10/type

We'd be 4th, 2 points behind Rotherham and Plymouth in the automatic spots. Not too shabby, I think all but the harshest of critics would be satisfied with that.

30 games to go.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 12:26]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:29 - Nov 12 with 1805 viewsMetal_Hacker

There is a massive BUT though

Poll: If it were one or the other

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:32 - Nov 12 with 1795 viewsfooters

If my aunty had bollox etc.

Long way to go as yet.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:40 - Nov 12 with 1775 viewsJ2BLUE

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:32 - Nov 12 by footers

Long way to go as yet.

Not necessarily.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:41 - Nov 12 with 1766 viewsHerbivore

All we need to do is get the other 23 teams to agree to write off the first 6 games of the season and we'll be golden.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:41 - Nov 12 with 1765 viewsfooters

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:40 - Nov 12 by J2BLUE

Not necessarily.

Agree to disagree.

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:41 - Nov 12 with 1778 viewsIllinoisblue

Big fan of these “if you disregard our bad results the league table would look better” posts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:46 - Nov 12 with 1732 viewsFtnfwest

bit of a surprise with Bolton...
"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:50 - Nov 12 with 1711 viewsKeno

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:32 - Nov 12 by footers

Long way to go as yet.

I think I met her once

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:51 - Nov 12 with 1704 viewsJ2BLUE

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:41 - Nov 12 by footers

Agree to disagree.

I'm just being a tw@t.

As usual.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:53 - Nov 12 with 1709 viewsitfcsuth

Unfortunately you can't chop the negative spells out of the season.

We had a poor start, but we are certainly heading in the right direction, and there is still a lot of football to be played.
"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:59 - Nov 12 with 1669 viewsBlueBadger

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:41 - Nov 12 by Illinoisblue

Big fan of these “if you disregard our bad results the league table would look better” posts.

Roy Keane Statistics, as I like to call them.

After all the times people tried to do this to point out that, no, actually it wa the league table that was wrong and actually Famous Ry WAS competent.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 13:10 - Nov 12 with 1629 viewsBlueBadger

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:50 - Nov 12 by Keno

I think I met her once

Ah yes, the Lowestoft family stump.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:09 - Nov 12 with 1512 viewsfooters

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 13:10 - Nov 12 by BlueBadger

Ah yes, the Lowestoft family stump.

As I was back this week, I was reminded of the many wonderful things Lowestoft has to offer. You should visit some time, I can show you around.

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:15 - Nov 12 with 1499 viewsSouperJim

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:41 - Nov 12 by Illinoisblue

From what I've read on here, most of the vocal critics of Cook ascertain that we haven't improved. Our results over the last 10 league games prove otherwise.

Every reason to be optimistic about the rest of the season. Unless you've nailed your colours to the mast and have an agenda of course.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:25 - Nov 12 with 1460 viewsBlueBadger

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:15 - Nov 12 by SouperJim

From what I've read on here, most of the vocal critics of Cook ascertain that we haven't improved. Our results over the last 10 league games prove otherwise.

Every reason to be optimistic about the rest of the season. Unless you've nailed your colours to the mast and have an agenda of course.

Literally no-one has said that.

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:26 - Nov 12 with 1458 viewsBlueBadger

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:09 - Nov 12 by footers

As I was back this week, I was reminded of the many wonderful things Lowestoft has to offer. You should visit some time, I can show you around.

I'm afeared that I'd be kidnapped to reinvigorate the gene pool.

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:27 - Nov 12 with 1463 viewsIllinoisblue

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:15 - Nov 12 by SouperJim

Link to one thread or post where someone is saying we haven’t improved. Just one.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:37 - Nov 12 with 1437 viewsHerbivore

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:09 - Nov 12 by footers

I've always admired Lowestoft's hourly train service to Norwich. The jewel in its crown.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:41 - Nov 12 with 1426 viewsfooters

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:37 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

I've always admired Lowestoft's hourly train service to Norwich. The jewel in its crown.

Just an hour and a half to Ipswich on the East Suffolk line!

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:41 - Nov 12 with 1419 viewsBlueBadger

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:27 - Nov 12 by Illinoisblue

Link to one thread or post where someone is saying we haven’t improved. Just one.

Bonus points if it's not Fishers.

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:43 - Nov 12 with 1421 viewspeterleeblue

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 12:41 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

All we need to do is get the other 23 teams to agree to write off the first 6 games of the season and we'll be golden.

No but many will have our first 6 games in the future. Sunderland for example are struggling currently.
"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:51 - Nov 12 with 1402 viewsKropotkin123

Surprised so many people are taking this negatively.

The data demonstrates a turnaround (top 4 form) that most are happy with after a terrible opening spell (relegation form).

As you say, 30 games to go. Fingers crossed we can continue and improve upon the last 10 games form.

No harm in wondering and sharing.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 15:08 - Nov 12 with 1348 viewsParsley

I'd pedantically argue we were more consistent in the first 6 league games, conceded at least 2 goals a game and didn't win any of them...
"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 15:23 - Nov 12 with 1316 viewsDubtractor

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:51 - Nov 12 by Kropotkin123

The data demonstrates a turnaround (top 4 form) that most are happy with after a terrible opening spell (relegation form).

As you say, 30 games to go. Fingers crossed we can continue and improve upon the last 10 games form.

I was thinking the same tbh - and I've been plenty critical of Cook till now.

We all knew that the start would be a bit rocky, and it was more rocky than we'd have hoped, but its really encouraging to see that consistent spell of decent form over a run of games. It isn't new news, but no hard in reflecting on it IMO.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 15:37 - Nov 12 with 1281 viewsKeaneish

"I think the consistency post the first 6 or 8 games has been a lot better& on 14:51 - Nov 12 by Kropotkin123

Nothing new there given the contributors to this thread. They're all waiting for us to make the top two before they agree Cook is doing well.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024