Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich's main 2 candidates 14:14 - Nov 12 with 6359 viewsHipsterectomy

Dean Smith and Lampard are apparently not convinced by joining them according to Sky and now the Pinkun. Did they seriously not have a person lined up ready to take over?

Even Town had Roy Keane in within a few days of sacking Magilton

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:26 - Nov 12 with 3557 viewsIllinoisblue

They’ll probably get the Norwegian fella and finish top ten.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:34 - Nov 12 with 3487 viewsnoggin

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:26 - Nov 12 by Illinoisblue

They’ll probably get the Norwegian fella and finish top ten.

Vermond Brekke Skard?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:37 - Nov 12 with 3459 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky are just creating drama. If you look on Sky bet those two are the big favourites and then the next one is 20/1.

It should be one of those two although I hope it's Knutsen as my Norwich mate had some def (duff) info and I had £20 on.

Going to link him to this post now so he knows he's a ****. Yes you. Mug.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:39 - Nov 12 with 3455 viewshype313

It's a job, that despite the financial prudence, simply isn't attractive (taking off blue tinted glasses)

Essentially you are walking into 6 months of hidings leading to relegation, to then have all the pressure of getting out of the Championship at the first attempt.

You can see why Smith and Lampard are potentially giving it a wide berth, there's no great upside for at least 18 months, and that's IF promotion is guaranteed.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:42 - Nov 12 with 3403 viewsJ2BLUE

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:39 - Nov 12 by hype313

It's a job, that despite the financial prudence, simply isn't attractive (taking off blue tinted glasses)

Essentially you are walking into 6 months of hidings leading to relegation, to then have all the pressure of getting out of the Championship at the first attempt.

You can see why Smith and Lampard are potentially giving it a wide berth, there's no great upside for at least 18 months, and that's IF promotion is guaranteed.

According to one report yesterday they were both impressed with the plans for the club. I think it's mostly BS that they want to steer clear although it would be great if they end up with a 4th/5th choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:45 - Nov 12 with 3386 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:39 - Nov 12 by hype313

If there's any truth in that at all, then screw them for being pathetic pussies

Can't we just ask Daniel to forgive us?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:47 - Nov 12 with 3349 viewshype313

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:45 - Nov 12 by giant_stow

Can't say there's any truth! just my observations as an outsider, they might be licking their lips with the excitement for all I know.

Doubtful though....

The irony though, is that Daniel is exactly the guy you need next season. Give it to Gunn for the remainder and bring Farke back, Gunn can't do any worse than his previous stint
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 14:48]

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:56 - Nov 12 with 3273 viewsHullblue

This is really encouraging if true.

They’ve been far too well run for far too long now. I expected them to appoint some promising coach I’d never heard of.

Instead their top two are obvious, middle of the road picks that (supposedly) don’t want to join them.

For what it’s worth I hope they get Lampard over Smith - I don’t pay loads of attention to the PL but my perception is that he can’t build teams that defend well. Pretty crucial in a relegation battle.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:58 - Nov 12 with 3257 viewsChe

I don't think Bobby Robson was Ipswich Towns first choice at the time and look how that ended up.
Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:00 - Nov 12 with 3232 viewsHullblue

Ullaa, what is your TWTD origin story? Or in other words, why do you spend time on here? Even more bafflingly, you seem to be a reasonable bloke as well.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:01 - Nov 12 with 3219 viewsAsa

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:56 - Nov 12 by Hullblue

This is really encouraging if true.

They’ve been far too well run for far too long now. I expected them to appoint some promising coach I’d never heard of.

Instead their top two are obvious, middle of the road picks that (supposedly) don’t want to join them.

For what it’s worth I hope they get Lampard over Smith - I don’t pay loads of attention to the PL but my perception is that he can’t build teams that defend well. Pretty crucial in a relegation battle.

It might just be blue tinted specs, but it really does feel like they get incredibly lucky time and time again.

Arguably the worst thing for us was them losing 7-1 at home to Colchester. How we laughed, but that then led to Lambert and Colverhouse, momentum, back to back promotions and this current yoyo. If they'd lost that 3-1 and Gunn stayed they may well have ended up another League One club of little note, or Championship also rans.

Same as when they came down here after a bad start, Farke was on the brink and they ended up nicking a 1-1 draw and went on a run. Even the playoff final against Boro I seem to recall Boro got stuck in traffic or something didn't they?

Meanwhile we get relegated at the time of ITV Digital collapse, administration and not the days of stupid parachute payments.
Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:02 - Nov 12 with 3212 viewsstringy

would Lampard really take it on? I get the impression he likes to spend a lot of money (and to your credit that's never a route you've taken, well the silly money levels anyway), and he didn't exactly get the best out of his Chelsea superstars when he was given it.

the Norwegian bloke sounds a better fit
Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:04 - Nov 12 with 3187 viewsBlueBadger

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:00 - Nov 12 by Hullblue

Ullaa, what is your TWTD origin story? Or in other words, why do you spend time on here? Even more bafflingly, you seem to be a reasonable bloke as well.

Have you SEEN their main forum?

I don't blame him for wanting to hang out here instead.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 19:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:05 - Nov 12 with 3178 viewsArnieM

So let me get this right….the two candidates for the scum job are not sure they want it ? Have they applied? I thought Lampard had been given the job ….. bit odd if he’s “ not sure”!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:19 - Nov 12 with 3061 viewsgiant_stow

I'm a hopeless obsessive (literal) who came on here 20 years+ ago to take the piss and troll (although it wasn't called that then) but went native (strictly in the message board sense only) and hung around, unable to leave.

Thanks btw!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:22 - Nov 12 with 3019 viewshype313

He's actually a closet Gooner, the Norwich thing was sh1ts and giggles back in the day, but been a pointless exercise for the past 15 years.

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:26 - Nov 12 with 2983 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 14:34 - Nov 12 by noggin

Vermond Brekke Skard?

The man, the legend

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:30 - Nov 12 with 2936 viewsBLUEBEAT

They will make do and mend with Steve Bruce.

Poll: W or W

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:06 - Nov 12 with 2787 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 15:22 - Nov 12 by hype313

He's actually a closet Gooner, the Norwich thing was sh1ts and giggles back in the day, but been a pointless exercise for the past 15 years.

oi!

(nailed it)

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:08 - Nov 12 with 2776 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Can’t believe the job is attractive enough for either of them. Perhaps Lampard but suspect he could do better.
Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:08 - Nov 12 with 2771 viewsGeoffSentence

There's always Mike Walker, he might come out of retirment. Not a great deal older that Warnock.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:09 - Nov 12 with 2754 viewstractordownsouth

Think they'd have been better going down a caretaker route for the rest of the season, because it's the least attractive PL job but a really good chance for a manager to get a promotion on his CV next year.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:20 - Nov 12 with 2682 viewsHerbivore

They'll end up with Big Mick at this rate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:21 - Nov 12 with 2671 viewsElderGrizzly

Lampard will end up at Rangers.

Getting battered for the entire season at Norwich wasn't going to do his career any good at all.

Smith would be stupid to go there as well. He did really well at Villa and he would have turned it round if given the time i'm sure. Norwich on a budget wouldn't help him either.
Norwich's main 2 candidates on 16:25 - Nov 12 with 2653 viewsNthQldITFC

Not sure exactly who it is but someone called Michael Bailey who seems to be ITK says Lampard had initial talks then opted out, presumably because the Norwich model, admirable though it may be in an ideal world, is just not going to work at the top level.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024