Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FM 22 19:16 - Nov 12 with 2253 viewsCoastalblue

Not seen a thread so apologies if I've missed it. Anybody dipped their toe in yet?

I normally wait for the January update but getting tempted, BM podcast hasn't helped with that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

FM 22 on 19:25 - Nov 12 with 2183 viewsDecageBruce

Completed 1st season as ITFC. Finished 2nd in league behind Wigan and went up on Goal difference.

Penney and Boone key performers and Bonne top league 2 goal scorer. Now in pre season but no money to spend on players. Requested from board and gave £120k but very little out there that will add anything to the squad and none of the loans have returned so need the scouts to do their job or could be a tough 1 season in Champ
FM 22 on 20:12 - Nov 12 with 2125 viewsdavblue

I started unemployed got the Tranmere job came 3rd, now 5th in league 1 with 6 games to go after bringing in 20 players.

If you play a high pressing game tone it down in the later part of games if you are winning. Players make more Mistakes now when they are tired.
FM 22 on 20:44 - Nov 12 with 2090 viewsGiant_Midget

started playing a few weeks ago on the beta as Town.

I hired Marcus Stewart as assistant manager and got Town promoted in the first season, the only signing I made was Andre Wisdom and shipped out Toto. Penney and KVY were the outstanding performers getting about 25 assists between them. I've played through 3 seasons in the Championship, failing in the playoffs to Palace 2 seasons in a row before finishing 2nd.

Just finishing my first season in the PL avoiding relegation with 4 games to go.

Now in season 25/26 and the only player still with town is Harper who's valued at 18 mill and playing 30 games a season. The only other former Town player in the PL is Penney who warms the bench for Bournemouth.

I think I'll play through a season or two more and start new game as unemployed.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 20:46]
FM 22 on 07:56 - Nov 13 with 1939 viewstivo

FM 22 on 19:25 - Nov 12 by DecageBruce

Completed 1st season as ITFC. Finished 2nd in league behind Wigan and went up on Goal difference.

Penney and Boone key performers and Bonne top league 2 goal scorer. Now in pre season but no money to spend on players. Requested from board and gave £120k but very little out there that will add anything to the squad and none of the loans have returned so need the scouts to do their job or could be a tough 1 season in Champ

Very similar. Second to Pompey and up on goal difference just pipping Wigan.

Managed to get Bonne signed permanent and a few free signings and started the second season well sitting in 8th after 8 games.

Much, much harder to sign people in this version so more realistic. Loads of people sniffing around KVY so will probably sell him in January for 2+mill as I am not really playing down the wing and have plenty of capable CB who can play as a solid non-marauding RB.
FM 22 on 08:28 - Nov 13 with 1895 viewsDubtractor

I got the beta a few weeks ago and just finished first season as champions of L1.

As with others, Penney has been the stand out, with Bonne top scorer.

Not signed anyone yet as wasn't needed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FM 22 on 10:34 - Nov 13 with 1780 viewswkj

I am a yearly alpha tester for SI, and I have to say I was really worried at the start of the testing cycle this year - but thankfully it really came together. I do think the scouts have made it so that Louis Barry is way too over stat, you can build the team around Barry and have a good season.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 10:35]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

FM 22 on 10:36 - Nov 13 with 1771 viewswkj

FM 22 on 20:44 - Nov 12 by Giant_Midget

started playing a few weeks ago on the beta as Town.

I hired Marcus Stewart as assistant manager and got Town promoted in the first season, the only signing I made was Andre Wisdom and shipped out Toto. Penney and KVY were the outstanding performers getting about 25 assists between them. I've played through 3 seasons in the Championship, failing in the playoffs to Palace 2 seasons in a row before finishing 2nd.

Just finishing my first season in the PL avoiding relegation with 4 games to go.

Now in season 25/26 and the only player still with town is Harper who's valued at 18 mill and playing 30 games a season. The only other former Town player in the PL is Penney who warms the bench for Bournemouth.

I think I'll play through a season or two more and start new game as unemployed.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 20:46]

Wingers are very very powerful this year, possible a bit too much so. Moral to the story, winger tactics seem to have replaced the overpowered AMC.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

FM 22 on 11:07 - Nov 13 with 1735 viewsBlueastheycome

Just led Ipswich to 99 points in league one.

Have just signed Celina and Walton in the pre season for a total of 600k

After reading the other posts on here, it’s so weird how each save game varies from person to person from an ITFC point of view.
Login to get fewer ads

FM 22 on 12:24 - Nov 13 with 1680 viewsTractorFrog

I am still playing FM20, and am currently struggling in the relegation zone of the championship having been promoted as champions in my first season. This is because I know very little about football players outside of Ipswich so am not great at transfers. My wingers Gwion Edwards and particularly Alan Judge are on woeful form, so I have signed Wes Burns but need a LW as well, and Kyle Edwards was not recommended by my scouts and Celina was way too expensive. Any advice on a good LW to keep Ipswich up in the championship?

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

FM 22 on 12:41 - Nov 13 with 1662 viewsKieran_Knows

I’ve started out as Austria Vienna, about 10 games in sitting in 3rd. Beat Salzburg away 1-0 which was a surprise, but they won their other 9 games and running away with the league already.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

FM 22 on 14:36 - Nov 13 with 1577 viewstractordownsouth

FM 22 on 12:24 - Nov 13 by TractorFrog

I am still playing FM20, and am currently struggling in the relegation zone of the championship having been promoted as champions in my first season. This is because I know very little about football players outside of Ipswich so am not great at transfers. My wingers Gwion Edwards and particularly Alan Judge are on woeful form, so I have signed Wes Burns but need a LW as well, and Kyle Edwards was not recommended by my scouts and Celina was way too expensive. Any advice on a good LW to keep Ipswich up in the championship?

I did a Town save on FM 2020, won League 1 and took me 3 years to get out the Championship. I think I played a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 for much of it - Bright Osayi Samuel from QPR and Harry Brockbank from Bolton were good signings so have a look if they're available. KVY, Downes and Woolfenden are all capable of playing a role at the top end of the Championship/ bottom half PL on the game so keep hold of them too. Luke Garbutt stuck around for a while too.

Do you use the throw in tactic? Someone on here mentioned it a few years back. Set all throws to long, have a big man marking the keeper with one player lurking on each post and a couple more just outside the 6 yard box. It got me about 10 goals a season trying it.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

FM 22 on 18:31 - Nov 13 with 1469 viewsTractorFrog

FM 22 on 14:36 - Nov 13 by tractordownsouth

I did a Town save on FM 2020, won League 1 and took me 3 years to get out the Championship. I think I played a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 for much of it - Bright Osayi Samuel from QPR and Harry Brockbank from Bolton were good signings so have a look if they're available. KVY, Downes and Woolfenden are all capable of playing a role at the top end of the Championship/ bottom half PL on the game so keep hold of them too. Luke Garbutt stuck around for a while too.

Do you use the throw in tactic? Someone on here mentioned it a few years back. Set all throws to long, have a big man marking the keeper with one player lurking on each post and a couple more just outside the 6 yard box. It got me about 10 goals a season trying it.

Thanks for this advice. I have scouted the two players you recommended, and I'd never heard that about the throw-ins, I have now added that to my tactics and have already had a few chances from it in just two games!
The two tricks I know from the game are the Luke Chambers effect, where he can solve any problem in the team just by talking to the player upset, and that you cannot say 'I have faith in you, go out there and make a difference' to the players too many times; it always makes them happy and motivated.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

FM 22 on 19:08 - Nov 13 with 1420 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Still playing FM 18. I'm in the 2034/35 season with Town. I've won the Prem in 8 of the last 9 seasons now, including one unbeaten season. Three Champs Leagues too. What an absolute legend. I deserve a real life statue on PR.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

FM 22 on 23:19 - Nov 13 with 1304 viewsStirlingArcher

Completed it mate

But I got so good at it they offered me a role in the England set-up.
FM 22 on 01:49 - Nov 14 with 1252 viewsCanadianBlue

Started on the Beta. Won League 1 and the Championship consecutively. Struggling in the Prem.

First season brought in Berahino (960k) in Jan (I play with first transfer window shut). Shipped out Holy (4.1k), Kenlock (12k), Norwood (15k), Burgess (195k), Carroll (375k) and Fraser (1.4m).

Second season brought in Owen Dale (800k), Walton (free), Lewis Baker (free), Ben Knight (loan), Alfie Jones (100k), Henry Lawrence (loan), Jordan Mutch (free), Danny Welback (loan), Reziuan Mirzov (free), Andre Green (1.5m), Brandon Thomas (free). Sold Matt Penney (3.4m), Joe Pigott (1.8m), Idris El Mizouni (1.7m), Owen Dale (1.3m - 500k profit in a half-season, woohoo), Kyle Edwards (1.2m), Berahino (500k - naff player with an attitude), Lee Evans (250k).

Playing a 4-2-4 wide custom wing play and yeah, the wingers are dominating this edition.
FM 22 on 10:09 - Nov 14 with 1141 viewsCheltenham_Blue

FM 22 on 01:49 - Nov 14 by CanadianBlue

Started on the Beta. Won League 1 and the Championship consecutively. Struggling in the Prem.

First season brought in Berahino (960k) in Jan (I play with first transfer window shut). Shipped out Holy (4.1k), Kenlock (12k), Norwood (15k), Burgess (195k), Carroll (375k) and Fraser (1.4m).

Second season brought in Owen Dale (800k), Walton (free), Lewis Baker (free), Ben Knight (loan), Alfie Jones (100k), Henry Lawrence (loan), Jordan Mutch (free), Danny Welback (loan), Reziuan Mirzov (free), Andre Green (1.5m), Brandon Thomas (free). Sold Matt Penney (3.4m), Joe Pigott (1.8m), Idris El Mizouni (1.7m), Owen Dale (1.3m - 500k profit in a half-season, woohoo), Kyle Edwards (1.2m), Berahino (500k - naff player with an attitude), Lee Evans (250k).

Playing a 4-2-4 wide custom wing play and yeah, the wingers are dominating this edition.

"Berahino (500k - naff player with an attitude)"

This should have been clear to you before you bought him.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

FM 22 on 18:28 - Nov 14 with 1043 viewsCanadianBlue

FM 22 on 10:09 - Nov 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Berahino (500k - naff player with an attitude)"

This should have been clear to you before you bought him.

True - I was hoping the game would be a bit less realistic!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024