Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woman's. Football 15:58 - Nov 13 with 4881 viewsBramidan

OK, tin hat on!
Is anybody interested? Apart from a small minority of the 50%?
Be fair it's slow and sh..te
Woman's. Football on 16:03 - Nov 13 with 2462 viewsStokieBlue

I suspect more people are interested in women's football than are interested in your opinions.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Woman's. Football on 16:04 - Nov 13 with 2450 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm not particularly interested in following in.

But I think it's a positive thing and expect it to grow in quality and popularity.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Woman's. Football on 16:06 - Nov 13 with 2423 viewsRyorry

"Slow and sh..te?"

Probably best not to judge others by yourself.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Woman's. Football on 16:08 - Nov 13 with 2403 viewsfooters

If you don't like it, why are you watching it?

Funny fact here, but more than 50% of the world's population are female. Political correctness gone made, innut.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Woman's. Football on 16:09 - Nov 13 with 2403 viewsacj

I just love football, whoever is playing.

I think your criticism would be fairer a few years back, but the standard has improved massively in recent years.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Woman's. Football on 16:10 - Nov 13 with 2390 viewschrismakin

Depends on level. Some are great to watch, but some I agree aren't the best. But no different to mens football in that sense.

It's a rightfully growing sport

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Woman's. Football on 16:15 - Nov 13 with 2361 viewsBlueBadger

The ITFC women's team have been the least embarrassing ITFC team for several years now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Woman's. Football on 16:15 - Nov 13 with 2369 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 16:08 - Nov 13 by footers

If you don't like it, why are you watching it?

Funny fact here, but more than 50% of the world's population are female. Political correctness gone made, innut.

I think if you read my post I did state that 50% are female but never mind.
I have started to watch the occasional game but I was just expressing my opinion that it is poor.
To each his ( probably the wrong word ) to his own ( repeat previous comment)
Not for me but other people might enjoy watching it.
Login to get fewer ads

Woman's. Football on 16:16 - Nov 13 with 2351 viewsfooters

Woman's. Football on 16:15 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

I think if you read my post I did state that 50% are female but never mind.
I have started to watch the occasional game but I was just expressing my opinion that it is poor.
To each his ( probably the wrong word ) to his own ( repeat previous comment)
Not for me but other people might enjoy watching it.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Woman's. Football on 16:19 - Nov 13 with 2336 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Insightful opinion. How much woman's. [sic] football have you been watching to form your opinion? Have you ever felt a men's match was slow and poor - dull to watch even?

Interesting that you have already decided that it is a small minority of the 50% who are interested. Would that 50% be women? I always had you down as a bigoted man. Not sure why. Something about these sort of opinions just made me feel you aren't a woman. So - are you a woman or a man expressing an opinion on something you have defined yourself to have no interest in?

I actually only have a passing interest in women's football. The more coverage it gets and the ore successful ITWFC are the more interested I am becoming. In fact, if it annoys you that it is getting coverage, I am even more keen to see coverage of it increase.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Woman's. Football on 16:20 - Nov 13 with 2314 viewschrismakin

Woman's. Football on 16:19 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Insightful opinion. How much woman's. [sic] football have you been watching to form your opinion? Have you ever felt a men's match was slow and poor - dull to watch even?

Interesting that you have already decided that it is a small minority of the 50% who are interested. Would that 50% be women? I always had you down as a bigoted man. Not sure why. Something about these sort of opinions just made me feel you aren't a woman. So - are you a woman or a man expressing an opinion on something you have defined yourself to have no interest in?

I actually only have a passing interest in women's football. The more coverage it gets and the ore successful ITWFC are the more interested I am becoming. In fact, if it annoys you that it is getting coverage, I am even more keen to see coverage of it increase.

Still hoping TWTD does open up a tab for our ladies side. Its part of our club.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Woman's. Football on 16:22 - Nov 13 with 2315 viewsFtnfwest

Standard is immaterial, I’m simply not interested if that’s allowed? I’ll be happier than not if ITFC ladies do ok, but only just.
Woman's. Football on 16:24 - Nov 13 with 2301 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woman's. Football on 16:22 - Nov 13 by Ftnfwest

Standard is immaterial, I’m simply not interested if that’s allowed? I’ll be happier than not if ITFC ladies do ok, but only just.

Of course it is allowed.

Just not sure it is worth starting a thread to tell everyone that you are not and adding that it must only be a small minority of those eligible to play who must be interested.

Woman's. Football on 16:27 - Nov 13 with 2283 viewsRyorry

Woman's. Football on 16:22 - Nov 13 by Ftnfwest

The ITFC Womens' team have actually been doing brilliantly for at least the past 2 seasons. Far better than the mens' first team, as it happens.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Woman's. Football on 16:44 - Nov 13 with 2242 viewsFtnfwest

Woman's. Football on 16:24 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Of course it is allowed.

Just not sure it is worth starting a thread to tell everyone that you are not and adding that it must only be a small minority of those eligible to play who must be interested.

Agree, I was just replying to it.
Woman's. Football on 16:44 - Nov 13 with 2236 viewsFtnfwest

Woman's. Football on 16:27 - Nov 13 by Ryorry

The ITFC Womens' team have actually been doing brilliantly for at least the past 2 seasons. Far better than the mens' first team, as it happens.

Yes they have
Woman's. Football on 16:55 - Nov 13 with 2198 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Woman's. Football on 16:27 - Nov 13 by Ryorry

They are now a professional team in a primarily amateur league.

I hope they get promoted, as it won't do them any good staying in their current league.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Woman's. Football on 17:31 - Nov 13 with 2078 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 16:24 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Of course it is allowed.

I strarted the thread, not the person you are responding to, but never mind.
I don't think I ever stated it was a small minority of those eligible to play who must be interested either.
Did you read the original post before you decided to reply?
Woman's. Football on 17:35 - Nov 13 with 2060 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woman's. Football on 17:31 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

I strarted the thread, not the person you are responding to, but never mind.
I don't think I ever stated it was a small minority of those eligible to play who must be interested either.
Did you read the original post before you decided to reply?

I know. I wasn't criticising him but you.

You said: "Is anybody interested? Apart from a small minority of the 50%?"

Please explain what that means if it doesn't mean "it was a small minority of those eligible to play who must be interested".

Perhaps you didn't read your own post before posting it!

Woman's. Football on 17:51 - Nov 13 with 1999 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 17:35 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I know. I wasn't criticising him but you.

Please explain what that means if it doesn't mean "it was a small minority of those eligible to play who must be interested".

Perhaps you didn't read your own post before posting it!

How did you jump to your third paragraph?
It's a spectator sport, what are you talking about ?
Where did you derive your comment in your third paragraph?
Woman's. Football on 17:54 - Nov 13 with 1986 viewsDeano69

Compared to what???

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Woman's. Football on 17:58 - Nov 13 with 1972 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't really watch the Super League but I enjoy watching England women in the bigger tournaments and would definitely take an interest in the Town women's team if games were streamed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Woman's. Football on 18:00 - Nov 13 with 1959 viewsMullet

I’ve got zero time for it, mainly because I can barely keep up with what I like now. But our team seem successful, they seem to be building a community and fans like it so who cares? If I had a daughter I’d rather she admired footballers than some reality tv clothes horse.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Woman's. Football on 18:01 - Nov 13 with 1952 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 17:54 - Nov 13 by Deano69

Compared to what???

OK how many people tune in to watch Womans PLF as opposed to Premiership games.
I know this is a football thread but do you tune in to watch Womans Rugby as opposed to 5 nations etc?
Woman's. Football on 18:05 - Nov 13 with 1936 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woman's. Football on 17:51 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

How did you jump to your third paragraph?
It's a spectator sport, what are you talking about ?
Where did you derive your comment in your third paragraph?

I derived it from what you wrote. As I stated:

What is the 50% you are referring to (you seem to imply in another reply it is women)? Since women are the people who are eligible to play that is how I derived it. All you need to do is explain what your comment means if it doesn't mean what it appears to say.

In short, there are two exceptions I have to your OP.

1 You took the trouble to tell us you are not interested in women's football. Since you have no interest in it, why bother telling us and why bother watching it too?

2 You then extrapolate your opinion to decide that the vast majority of "the 50%" (whoever they are) must agree with you. Why must they agree? Perhaps they do. Perhaps you have done some analysis of female football fans and how many watch men's football and how many watch women's and enjoy it. But it smacks of you deciding their opinions for them over something you have no interest in anyway!

Happy to help!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024