Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards end products 16:29 - Nov 13 with 2882 viewsgordon

Any goals or assists this season?

Edit: just seen the other more comprehensive post. Both posts inspired by another nice run and wild shot into the North Stand I imagine.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 16:31]
Kyle Edwards end products on 16:33 - Nov 13 with 2574 viewsZXBlue

Been pretty poor unfortunately. Same at Plymouth.
Kyle Edwards end products on 16:36 - Nov 13 with 2546 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:33 - Nov 13 by ZXBlue

Been pretty poor unfortunately. Same at Plymouth.

Neither Edwards or Burns have got into this game at all. Burns looked pretty flat going off. The Oxford defence has been very good and the only space we've had down the flanks is through both full backs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:36 - Nov 13 with 2541 viewsgordon

Dribbled it into the North Stand that time.

Basically Gwion with less goals and more stepovers.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 16:37]
Kyle Edwards end products on 16:38 - Nov 13 with 2515 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cook stated in the fans forum it is something they are working on with him. It would be difficult not to notice it. A fine balance to tread between playing him ahead of Aluko to give him the chance to correct it and taking him out of the firing line without damaging his confidence. There is definitely a player in there. Long term, well managed and coached, he will be a very good player I am sure.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:47 - Nov 13 with 2435 viewsGlasgowBlue

Assist against Wycombe in our last league game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:49 - Nov 13 with 2415 viewsStokieBlue

Not a great end product today but we were far more composed and threatening as a unit before the substitutions and his running and positioning was part of that.

Still time of course but Oxford are far more in the game since the subs.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:59 - Nov 13 with 2347 viewsgordon

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:49 - Nov 13 by StokieBlue

Not a great end product today but we were far more composed and threatening as a unit before the substitutions and his running and positioning was part of that.

SB

Agreed it's definitely good to have players who can carry the ball at pace in those wide positions.
Kyle Edwards end products on 16:59 - Nov 13 with 2335 viewsgordon

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:47 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

Aha, yup the cross that was palmed out to Bonne.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Edwards end products on 17:01 - Nov 13 with 2302 viewschrismakin

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:49 - Nov 13 by StokieBlue

SB

Frustratingly accurate SB. It did indeed change when he came off.. It's a difficult balance. Does so much right but not the important stuff... but likewise we don't have anyone similar...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Kyle Edwards end products on 17:06 - Nov 13 with 2256 viewsblueconscience

If he was good all round, he would not be playing for a league one team.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Kyle Edwards end products on 17:08 - Nov 13 with 2217 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kyle Edwards end products on 17:06 - Nov 13 by blueconscience

If he was good all round, he would not be playing for a league one team.

True. But we do need players who are effective in League 1.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kyle Edwards end products on 17:25 - Nov 13 with 2122 viewsKeaneish

His confidence is starting to go. Gets himself in good positions but he’s drilling balls into the box rather than getting his head-up. Time for a little spell off the bench. Doesn’t deserve starts at the moment.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Kyle Edwards end products on 18:35 - Nov 13 with 2012 viewsWickets

One assist i think Bonnes goal at Wycombe. Maybe two our goal at Cheltenham think Penny scored it ?
Kyle Edwards end products on 20:39 - Nov 13 with 1875 viewsBLUEBEAT

This no end product thing… maybe he should just try and do his fast dribble thing all the way into the net rather than trying to cross/shoot.

Poll: W or W

Kyle Edwards end products on 20:56 - Nov 13 with 1830 viewsbournemouthblue

There's definitely a bit of Wilfried Zaha about him, if he can develop an end product, he will be a beast

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kyle Edwards end products on 22:15 - Nov 13 with 1741 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Kyle Edwards end products on 16:47 - Nov 13 by GlasgowBlue

Nope, wasn’t counted as an assist

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Kyle Edwards end products on 11:12 - Nov 14 with 1544 viewsWickets

Kyle Edwards end products on 22:15 - Nov 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Nope, wasn’t counted as an assist

Well should have been good run and cross that brought the goal .
Kyle Edwards end products on 13:29 - Nov 14 with 1472 viewsmonty_radio

Kyle Edwards end products on 20:56 - Nov 13 by bournemouthblue

There's definitely a bit of Wilfried Zaha about him, if he can develop an end product, he will be a beast

I see the similarity in the ability to check, turn and leave the defender sitting on the grass, but it's all fluff unless you do something while they're sitting there.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Kyle Edwards end products on 13:57 - Nov 14 with 1426 viewsSomethingBlue

The lad had a really good game at Wycombe, as did Celina, and 10 days later people are falling over themselves to get them out of the team - it’s bizarre.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kyle Edwards end products on 14:07 - Nov 14 with 1398 viewsDubtractor

Kyle Edwards end products on 13:57 - Nov 14 by SomethingBlue

The lad had a really good game at Wycombe, as did Celina, and 10 days later people are falling over themselves to get them out of the team - it’s bizarre.

Football fans being reactive about players from game to game shouldn't surprise you by now Thingers!

FWIW I'd keep him in the team, despite him being a bit frustrating, as sometimes the way to get that end product, and some consistency, is simply to keep playing. He works really hard off the ball too, so clearly not just a luxury player who isn't delivering.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Kyle Edwards end products on 15:01 - Nov 14 with 1350 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Kyle Edwards end products on 11:12 - Nov 14 by Wickets

Well should have been good run and cross that brought the goal .

Well no, because it wasn’t actually an assist. See also good runs and crosses which get nodded down for someone else to put in, or have headers saved for a tap in, and so on…

Kyle Edwards end products on 00:42 - Nov 15 with 1168 viewsWhos_blue

I think the lad has plenty of talent. He takes up a great position on the pitch and is always positive with his play, looking to move the ball forward and attack. I thought some of his runs were superb, but it is hard to disagree that his end product does needs some work.
In the second half he made a fantastic run in to the box and chose to take on a shot that wasn't really on, whereas Bonne was well placed at the back post. Someone compared him to Keenan Bennetts in another thread. I can kind of see that, but of course the difference being he is our player and we can take the time to work on his game. Definitely a rough diamond for Cook to polish.
Like some others, I'd quite like to see us try Celina on the left and Chaplin through the middle for at least part of a game.
The future remains bright.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Kyle Edwards end products on 08:55 - Nov 15 with 1028 viewsjayessess

No official ones, but as others have said he forced the error that lead to our 2nd goal at Wycombe.

As frustrating as Kyle's current lack of end product is I can see why Cook perseveres with him.

First, he's an outlet, a player who you can move the ball into in tight spaces and be more or less guaranteed you'll continue moving up the pitch. He retains the ball well and unlike in attack, in midfield he generally makes good decisions.

Second, he works hard defensively.

Third (and this is the tenuous one), when you have a player who can basically dribble past anyone they want, whenever they want, as soon as you find one outlet for their end product they're essentially unstoppable.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 10:21]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kyle Edwards end products on 10:11 - Nov 15 with 976 viewsWickets

Kyle Edwards end products on 15:01 - Nov 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well no, because it wasn’t actually an assist. See also good runs and crosses which get nodded down for someone else to put in, or have headers saved for a tap in, and so on…

Well if it was ,is ,or could have been what is not up for dispute is that it got us the goal that put us into the lead on a great night ! xx
Kyle Edwards end products on 10:19 - Nov 15 with 959 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Kyle Edwards end products on 10:11 - Nov 15 by Wickets

Well if it was ,is ,or could have been what is not up for dispute is that it got us the goal that put us into the lead on a great night ! xx

It helped, although I would argue that Bonne’s excellent turn and finish were more important

Also from my vantage point it looked like the cross was mishit, although I could be being harsh there. And even if it was he’d still deserve credit for the run and getting it into a dangerous area in the first place, so yes I would agree he has helped us score one goal this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024