Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the fourth official for? 17:26 - Nov 13 with 640 viewsFtnfwest

And why does he stand between the managers or thereabouts? I’m sure he’s of use but just seems to be someone the managers can shout at. What’s he going to do? Say ‘Mr Robinsons not happy, can you give a free kick ref’?
What is the fourth official for? on 17:41 - Nov 13 with 557 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the point is that they can take most of the flack leaving the referee with less of it.

I am sure there are other roles too.

Poll: Favourite pizza
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What is the fourth official for? on 17:52 - Nov 13 with 526 viewsronnyd

He has a very important role holding his little board up. Joking aside, he would also be cover for any of the other three officials.

What is the fourth official for? on 22:30 - Nov 13 with 400 viewsAlanG296

Main job is policing the managers in their "technical areas". Another bad invention in the modern game. Managers should sit on the bench or in the director's box. If they haven't prepared their teams properly, no amount of screaming from the touchline is going to help.

What is the fourth official for? on 22:45 - Nov 13 with 383 viewsHARRY10

Apparently he is supposed to alternate, every 5 minutes, between the 2 tech areas.

I have not seen them check the players studs any more.

He is also supposed to make sure the kettle has been put on in each dressing room for the half time cuppa, as well as running the baths before the end of the game.

What is the fourth official for? on 23:13 - Nov 13 with 359 viewsRonFearonsHair

What is the fourth official for? on 22:30 - Nov 13 by AlanG296

Main job is policing the managers in their "technical areas". Another bad invention in the modern game. Managers should sit on the bench or in the director's box. If they haven't prepared their teams properly, no amount of screaming from the touchline is going to help.

Funny thing is, when Joe Royle used to sit upstairs in the first half and come down to the dugout in the second I didn't think much of it. But I've never known anyone to do it since. Now I'm not sure whether it was a common thing to do at the time or something unusual.
What is the fourth official for? on 23:15 - Nov 13 with 356 viewsAlanG296

What is the fourth official for? on 23:13 - Nov 13 by RonFearonsHair

Funny thing is, when Joe Royle used to sit upstairs in the first half and come down to the dugout in the second I didn't think much of it. But I've never known anyone to do it since. Now I'm not sure whether it was a common thing to do at the time or something unusual.

I can remember Sir Bobby doing that, you knew things weren't going well then.
What is the fourth official for? on 09:19 - Nov 14 with 243 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What is the fourth official for? on 17:41 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the point is that they can take most of the flack leaving the referee with less of it.

I am sure there are other roles too.

Like reporting on Robinson to get him booked. Though the role now was largely to observe the conduct of the managers, coaches and subs.

Poll: Would you be happy if Dobra went to Brighton as part of a Walton deal?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2022