Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto in a nutshell today 19:21 - Nov 13 with 7739 views3_5_2

Big / strong and won most of his battles

Distribution woeful at times.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Toto in a nutshell today on 19:24 - Nov 13 with 3160 viewsStenvict

Looks up, sees Bonne in the left forward position, pings it into the right forward position, apologises when he realises Usain Bolt isn't playing for us.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Toto in a nutshell today on 19:27 - Nov 13 with 3131 viewsSwansea_Blue

99% fine, but then you hear the dulcet tones of Brenner or Mick - "Oh! A mistake from Nisala...but Edmundson is there to cover/clear up".

He's a great stopper though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Toto in a nutshell today on 19:30 - Nov 13 with 3111 viewsZXBlue

Toto in a nutshell today on 19:27 - Nov 13 by Swansea_Blue

99% fine, but then you hear the dulcet tones of Brenner or Mick - "Oh! A mistake from Nisala...but Edmundson is there to cover/clear up".

He's a great stopper though.

Edmunson made a mistake too and was not perfect with distribution. And yet, guess who gets highlighted?
Toto in a nutshell today on 19:31 - Nov 13 with 3104 viewsTrumptonBlue

Clean sheet. Job done.
Toto in a nutshell today on 19:43 - Nov 13 with 3057 viewsBloomBlue

Toto in a nutshell today on 19:24 - Nov 13 by Stenvict

Looks up, sees Bonne in the left forward position, pings it into the right forward position, apologises when he realises Usain Bolt isn't playing for us.

To be fair Celina had 3 good chances to play in other players in dangerous positions in the 2nd half and hit the pass so hard even Usain Bolt wouldn't get it.

Never sure why people always single out players like Toto.
Toto in a nutshell today on 20:00 - Nov 13 with 3015 viewsJakeITFC

Saw a lot of the ball today as Oxford saw fit to mark his out balls and make him take risks or play down field. Obviously it’s hard to find the complete package at centre half in the league we are in, but you’d have to think an upgrade on him is a priority if we hold any ambition of playing out from the back.
Toto in a nutshell today on 20:53 - Nov 13 with 2915 views3_5_2

Toto in a nutshell today on 19:43 - Nov 13 by BloomBlue

To be fair Celina had 3 good chances to play in other players in dangerous positions in the 2nd half and hit the pass so hard even Usain Bolt wouldn't get it.

Never sure why people always single out players like Toto.

Agree that Celinas passes were not coming off today. He try’s the unusual perhaps when a simpler ball is on but that’s what sets him apart, he can be a match winner.

My thoughts on Toto is that he does the main bit he is in the team for, he is a tough, no nonsense defender but shorten his game up and play into midfield more with shorter passes. If he has to go long then hit the channel on the side he is on, at least the other players will expect it there. He works hard to win but gives it away so cheaply at times.

Edmundson was immense today. Really coming on now and made very few errors considering just how often he was involved.

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:13 - Nov 13 with 2892 viewsitfcjoe

Toto in a nutshell today on 20:00 - Nov 13 by JakeITFC

Saw a lot of the ball today as Oxford saw fit to mark his out balls and make him take risks or play down field. Obviously it’s hard to find the complete package at centre half in the league we are in, but you’d have to think an upgrade on him is a priority if we hold any ambition of playing out from the back.

It was very obvious today that was their game plan, and they were very organised in doing so.

He defended well, but I’d like to see Woolf and Edmundson being given some game time together, especially at Portman Road

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:22 - Nov 13 with 2859 viewschrismakin

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:13 - Nov 13 by itfcjoe

It was very obvious today that was their game plan, and they were very organised in doing so.

He defended well, but I’d like to see Woolf and Edmundson being given some game time together, especially at Portman Road

Cleansheet v free scoring Oxford and nows the time to change the defence?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:23 - Nov 13 with 2862 viewstextbackup

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:22 - Nov 13 by chrismakin

nsiala has a big one in him waiting to drop. and when it does, it'll cost us bad. so yeah, i'd be looking to change that CB partnership asap

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:26 - Nov 13 with 2834 viewschrismakin

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:23 - Nov 13 by textbackup

nsiala has a big one in him waiting to drop. and when it does, it'll cost us bad. so yeah, i'd be looking to change that CB partnership asap

Keep seeing this yet he's been a big part of the change in our season. Barely lost a game he has started in.

Why is Wolfenden suddenly better? Is it forgotten the big mistakes he made?
Granted if and when our defence is struggling change it, but why would you when in top 6 form.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:45 - Nov 13 with 2787 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:13 - Nov 13 by itfcjoe

Actually I thought their game plan, at least for the first half, was to target our youthful left back.

But maybe you and I were watching different games.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:55 - Nov 13 with 2760 viewstextbackup

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:26 - Nov 13 by chrismakin

Keep seeing this yet he's been a big part of the change in our season. Barely lost a game he has started in.

Why is Wolfenden suddenly better? Is it forgotten the big mistakes he made?
Granted if and when our defence is struggling change it, but why would you when in top 6 form.

technical ability, toto is our worse player. so wolf is better based on that. im sure he has a mistake in him.
hes a better footballer, and as joe says, if we are playing from the back, two good footballers is my preferred option over one good one, and one bloke that just gets in the way of the ball for a living

Toto in a nutshell today on 22:04 - Nov 13 with 2724 viewschrismakin

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:55 - Nov 13 by textbackup

technical ability, toto is our worse player. so wolf is better based on that. im sure he has a mistake in him.
hes a better footballer, and as joe says, if we are playing from the back, two good footballers is my preferred option over one good one, and one bloke that just gets in the way of the ball for a living

Each to their own. But I prefer what we've got. 1 ball player 1 stopper. Toto is one of the best in the league at what he does.

Toto in a nutshell today on 22:07 - Nov 13 with 2725 viewsclive_baker

We’ve seen enough of Toto to know what you get from him. Like most at this level he’ll make mistakes but you take the rough with the smooth. Very strong, good in the air, puts his body on the line. Seems one of the more cerebral off the pitch, a mature head and potentially he and Edmundson compliment each other well. Toto does have a tendency to be a little over zealous in the tackle from time to time, which makes in me nervous in and around our box. Distribution perhaps not his strength, although in his defence there were a few occasions where he probably didn’t want the ball, and a couple he passed to Donacien who in turn probably didn’t want it in a tight spot either. On balance both did very well today. Edmundson too, he was my MOTM probably.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Toto in a nutshell today on 22:48 - Nov 13 with 2659 views3_5_2

Toto in a nutshell today on 22:04 - Nov 13 by chrismakin

Each to their own. But I prefer what we've got. 1 ball player 1 stopper. Toto is one of the best in the league at what he does.

But surely he needs to keep the ball better? That way we have less attacks to defend and more opportunity to get forward.

Just shorten his game up, play shorter into MF when possible.

Reduce the turnovers

Toto in a nutshell today on 23:01 - Nov 13 with 2630 viewsZXBlue

Toto in a nutshell today on 22:48 - Nov 13 by 3_5_2

But surely he needs to keep the ball better? That way we have less attacks to defend and more opportunity to get forward.

Just shorten his game up, play shorter into MF when possible.

Reduce the turnovers

Not his job. To play short you need midfielders around you making space, and often he is left with no option but the punt.
Toto in a nutshell today on 23:43 - Nov 13 with 2589 viewstextbackup

Toto in a nutshell today on 23:01 - Nov 13 by ZXBlue

Not his job. To play short you need midfielders around you making space, and often he is left with no option but the punt.

get so fed up reading "not his job" when sticking up for poor quality footballers

Toto in a nutshell today on 23:47 - Nov 13 with 2576 viewspointofblue

There was a moment which summed up Nsiala perfectly - completely misjudged a flighted ball and let his man goal side but got back and made a crucial challenge to stop the shot.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Toto in a nutshell today on 00:44 - Nov 14 with 2519 viewsZXBlue

Toto in a nutshell today on 23:43 - Nov 13 by textbackup

get so fed up reading "not his job" when sticking up for poor quality footballers

He isnt poor quality though. As his stats show.

The agenda against him, whilst probably unintentional, is troubling.
Toto in a nutshell today on 01:15 - Nov 14 with 2489 viewsBonchosBicycle

Best stopper we've got. I never worry when Toto's between his man and the goal. Look back at the number of shots on target he's gotten in the way of. He's probably been responsible for more more than a few of our points this year.

Was great the look on his face when he thought he might have given a pen away today though - wagging his finger at the ref. Luckily the ref -rightly - never bought it.

Is he perfect? No, but I don't get the microscope he seems to be put under. He's a very good defender for this level.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2021 1:32]
Toto in a nutshell today on 06:56 - Nov 14 with 2354 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:22 - Nov 13 by chrismakin

Only 4 teams have scored fewer away goals then Oxford, hardly free scoring.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Toto in a nutshell today on 07:17 - Nov 14 with 2329 viewsitfcjoe

Toto in a nutshell today on 21:45 - Nov 13 by You_Bloo_Right

Actually I thought their game plan, at least for the first half, was to target our youthful left back.

But maybe you and I were watching different games.

There can be different game plans when with and without the ball - when they didn’t have it they pressed until the ball ended with him and then set themselves to block his passing lanes and easy out balls which totally stopped us playing.

There were far worse ITFC players out there today - Celina and Burns both very poor - but for me if we want to play from the back you need defenders who can do so or will struggle to use our possession well against well organised sides and that was the case yesterday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Toto in a nutshell today on 07:18 - Nov 14 with 2331 viewsYallop

45 seconds into the match the superb defensive header at the back post ahead of the striker summed up why we need him in the side.
Toto in a nutshell today on 07:20 - Nov 14 with 2321 viewstextbackup

Toto in a nutshell today on 00:44 - Nov 14 by ZXBlue

He isnt poor quality though. As his stats show.

The agenda against him, whilst probably unintentional, is troubling.

here we go..... let me guess what you are getting at! pr1ck.

i dont rate him as a footballer. thats all. live with it, and try not to make up something to be offended by

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024