Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some individual player observations from yesterday 09:34 - Nov 14 with 807 viewsDubtractor

I thought we were decent without being quite good enough yesterday, only one team was going to win it second half, but not forcing a save of note whilst on top for long periods in the half speaks for some very poor decision making in the final third.

Walton - faultless, and makes such a difference to have a keeper taking charge of high balls, making routine saves with no fuss, and generally taking the stress out of situations.

Clements - Very good debut, got up and down the flank really well, though was clearly shot by the end and started to get bit sloppy in possession.

Edmundson - An absolute rock at the back, seems to get better each week.

Donacien - first half was so so, but second half he was back doing his Cafu impression and was a major attacking threat for us.

Morsy - absolutely runs things, but he will miss a few spells through suspensions as is an almost guaranteed booking each game, so we need to make sure we have a plan for when he is missing.

Burns - The quietest I've seen him, though Oxford did a great job of crowding out his space. The few times he did get behind them the decision making wasn't good enough.

Edwards - Its all been said, but he is so damn frustrating! Saw lots of the ball, quite often making good runs, getting into dangerous positions, but not a single bit of end product from all of it. He could be our most dangerous attacking player, but he isn't at the moment.

Celina - Surprised to see a few negative views on here about his performance. Not everything he tried came off, but almost everything good we did in the second half involved him. He was busy on and off the ball, and made sure that we attacked with pace and purpose by receiving and moving the ball quickly.

Bonne - Obviously he didn't get too much service, but he wasn't really on it yesterday. This was a game for trying Pigott out after 70 minutes to try something different.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Some individual player observations from yesterday on 09:39 - Nov 14 with 756 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Agree with most of that and if you had asked me yesterday on 91 minutes I would have completely agreed with the comments around Pigott.

Difficult though isn't it? We defended really well yesterday and to go two up top on 70 would change our defensive shape completely. Oxford are a dangerous side. Difficult decision to change things when we are defending so well.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2021 9:47]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Some individual player observations from yesterday on 09:42 - Nov 14 with 735 viewsstrikalite

Yep agree with all of that, not sure if the Clements debut has been talked about but yes I was very impressed with him overall, I'm never convinced by Toto but once again yesterday he proved doubters like me wrong and fair play to him, solid as always but his concentration was bang on it again which is good to see,,

Pigott, he needs more minutes without a doubt, still think he can play a big part in the second half of the season if we can get him on the pitch, somehow..
Some individual player observations from yesterday on 10:36 - Nov 14 with 602 viewsBasuco

Agree with most of that as well and likewise I thought that Town only having two shots on target the entire game despite dominating the second half, was not good enough, rarely was there more than one or two players in the box, we were set up not to lose rather than go and win the game, or am I missing the very good defending of Oxford. Second half with Evans in front of the back four and Morsy on the half way line, both doing a great job of breaking up play. But this meant that Bonne was marked by two or three defenders all game and needed help in the box, which opens the question why leave it to two or three minutes before bringing on Pigott? Referees rarely add much time on for injury time substitutions and "injuries" their goalkeeper faining cramp as well.
Some individual player observations from yesterday on 10:42 - Nov 14 with 582 viewsbluefunk

You missed out Evans!

Agree with most of that, other than Celina. I don’t think he’s a No 10, I think we’d have been better with him on the left, and Chaplin in the centre.

Oxford looked a good footballing side and thought they could get ahead with a fast start, but once we got a foothold, they never looked like scoring. Leaving aside their playacting, once they had fallen back into that defensive shape they were always going to be difficult to break down, nevertheless we did get into a couple of decent situations - the one that fell to Clements for example

Pigott deserves more minutes, especially in a game like that,
Some individual player observations from yesterday on 10:51 - Nov 14 with 549 viewshadleighboyblue

Agree 100% .

Oxford were well organised and pacey , but spoiled their performance with so many players faking injuries , so pathetic , thought refs only stopped games if it was a head injury .

We lacked penetration down the wings , Burns in particular had a very ineffective game , we missed his running at defenders and getting good crosses in .

Agree totally with your assessments , Walton is looking very good , Edmundson is very solid and Morsy is terrific , so we have a good spine to the team , hopefully we get to sign Walton .

Interesting team selections for Oldham , but bringing in the likes of Chaplin , Aluko and Piggott shouldn't weaken the team , in fact Chaplin and Aluko might improve things , based on yesterday's game .
Some individual player observations from yesterday on 11:17 - Nov 14 with 508 viewsbilllm

Some individual player observations from yesterday on 10:42 - Nov 14 by bluefunk

You missed out Evans!

Agree with most of that, other than Celina. I don’t think he’s a No 10, I think we’d have been better with him on the left, and Chaplin in the centre.

Oxford looked a good footballing side and thought they could get ahead with a fast start, but once we got a foothold, they never looked like scoring. Leaving aside their playacting, once they had fallen back into that defensive shape they were always going to be difficult to break down, nevertheless we did get into a couple of decent situations - the one that fell to Clements for example

Pigott deserves more minutes, especially in a game like that,

Agree all day long, Chaplin at 10, Celina wide left, nearly all teams will get ripped by us, pigott needs some more minutes and fast tbh, if Bonne were to get injured you would be throwing him in with no minutes and no playing time with our first eleven, he's a goal scorer but bringing him on with 5 minutes left isn't helping him,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024