Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative 09:02 - Nov 15 with 3860 viewsBobbychase

Great idea, deserves backing.

But just seen a Norwich fan has donated and is urging other Norwich fans to do the same, to quote their Twitter post " have donated £40 today. We should help those less fortunate and #itfc fans are certainly that".

His or her intentions may be honest but not sure this is a path we want to go down.

"We helped fill your ground" etc.

I might be being paranoid of course.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:16 - Nov 15 with 2894 viewsElderGrizzly

I think you're worrying over nothing.

Asking anyone who wants to donate to DM him is a bit weird though, rather than posting a JustGiving link
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:19 - Nov 15 with 2872 viewsBobbychase

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:16 - Nov 15 by ElderGrizzly

Asking anyone who wants to donate to DM him is a bit weird though, rather than posting a JustGiving link

Yeah. I am going to donate when today calms down though.

It was just something about Norwich fans seeing us as a charity case - if Cruncher can raise £6k over a weekend on his own we can fill our stadium without their help. We've done it before without people buying tickets for other fans.

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:22 - Nov 15 with 2844 viewsElderGrizzly

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:19 - Nov 15 by Bobbychase

Yeah. I am going to donate when today calms down though.

It was just something about Norwich fans seeing us as a charity case - if Cruncher can raise £6k over a weekend on his own we can fill our stadium without their help. We've done it before without people buying tickets for other fans.

In this case, if they are donating to help people in genuine need then there really is no issue.

This is not about filling the ground in that sense, it's about helping those less fortunate attend a game.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:25 - Nov 15 with 2821 viewsBobbychase

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:22 - Nov 15 by ElderGrizzly

In this case, if they are donating to help people in genuine need then there really is no issue.

This is not about filling the ground in that sense, it's about helping those less fortunate attend a game.

This post has been edited by an administrator

In the absence of trophies, that's all they boast about. But when it's all you have what else can you do.

My point is if they are genuinely donating to help those less fortunate then that's admirable.

If they're donating for other reasons it's something else.

Anyhoo.

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:50 - Nov 15 with 2721 viewscatch74

No disrespect to him but this is the person who initiated it. BMJ then highlighted what a great idea.
I’m sure Cruncher is doing it for all the right reasons, hope we pack it out!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:51 - Nov 15 with 2705 viewsBobbychase

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:50 - Nov 15 by catch74

No disrespect to him but this is the person who initiated it. BMJ then highlighted what a great idea.

Oh yes, I have no doubt Cruncher and Matt are doing it for great reasons, and deserve our support.

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:58 - Nov 15 with 2651 viewsabracaDOBRA_

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:50 - Nov 15 by catch74

I think they are working together tbf. Cruncher just helping to organise it
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:18 - Nov 15 with 2567 viewsJTRNB

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 09:58 - Nov 15 by abracaDOBRA_

I think they are working together tbf. Cruncher just helping to organise it

I don't have Twitter but would like to contribute, anyone know if that's possible?
Login to get fewer ads

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:28 - Nov 15 with 2518 viewsSkip_Intro

don't JustGiving take a percentage fee (c2% + 20p per donation I think)? Maybe he's trying to make sure that all of the money raised goes to the cause?
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:31 - Nov 15 with 2497 viewsChrisd

Whether you like them or not and I appreciate many don’t especially on here, the sentiment is in the right place.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:47 - Nov 15 with 2435 viewsblueboyd

Yep wasn't even his idea so I hope the guy who posted first about it is the one the club can do something for to say thank you.

It is great people have donated so much but I am buggrrred if I am gonna be lauding bedsheet for his hard work that is for sure!

a just giving link would be much easier to see.
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:55 - Nov 15 with 2351 viewsabracaDOBRA_

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:47 - Nov 15 by blueboyd

Yep wasn't even his idea so I hope the guy who posted first about it is the one the club can do something for to say thank you.

It is great people have donated so much but I am buggrrred if I am gonna be lauding bedsheet for his hard work that is for sure!

tbf it was only his idea to buy one fan tickets. Crunchers actually organised over 150 tickets now. Im not his biggest fan but lets give him some credit
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 11:02]
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:59 - Nov 15 with 2329 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If he's just done it for the bantz then that's a rather expensive bit of bantz. More fool him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:06 - Nov 15 with 2253 viewsSkip_Intro

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:55 - Nov 15 by abracaDOBRA_

tbf it was only his idea to buy one fan tickets. Crunchers actually organised over 150 tickets now. Im not his biggest fan but lets give him some credit
[Post edited 15 Nov 2021 11:02]

Agree with this - he is using his larger twitter following to raise awareness...fair play I say...
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:08 - Nov 15 with 2240 viewsabracaDOBRA_

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:06 - Nov 15 by Skip_Intro

Agree with this - he is using his larger twitter following to raise awareness...fair play I say...

Yep, it's not like the first guy was trying to raise loads of money. He just said he'd buy 1 fan the bundle. Cruncher has actually gone out his way to sort it out and spread the word. Think he contacted Dan Palfrey too to dish out the tickets. Fair play to him
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:10 - Nov 15 with 2225 viewsTokey

I don't think there is ANYTHING negative here, it's a wonderful thing that's just grown and grown and I think people should look at it in those terms.
Whilst not his original idea (and he's acknowledged this) 'Cruncher' must have spent most of his Sunday on the phone accepting donations. I think it's grown legs and got bigger an bigger hence no JustGiving.
He's also pasted a note about the charity he's working with to help with the ticket distribution - so for me, a lovely moment in our club and to all those who have either organised or donated, well done. Makes me proud.
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:12 - Nov 15 with 2188 viewsnoggin

I'd happily donate a bundle to someone who couldn't otherwise afford it. I don't have Twitter though, so how should I do it?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:14 - Nov 15 with 2177 viewsElderGrizzly

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:10 - Nov 15 by Tokey

I don't think there is ANYTHING negative here, it's a wonderful thing that's just grown and grown and I think people should look at it in those terms.
Whilst not his original idea (and he's acknowledged this) 'Cruncher' must have spent most of his Sunday on the phone accepting donations. I think it's grown legs and got bigger an bigger hence no JustGiving.
He's also pasted a note about the charity he's working with to help with the ticket distribution - so for me, a lovely moment in our club and to all those who have either organised or donated, well done. Makes me proud.

Not suggesting anything negative, but more for his 'protection' you'd want a public link for people to donate through.

Would increase donations too imo, but definitely credit to all involved.
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:15 - Nov 15 with 2159 viewsBlueBlood90

Couldn't care less about the Norwich fans donation. Whether it's a p*ss take or not they've given three of our less fortunate fans the opportunity to go and watch us play so only good can come of it in my opinion.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:16 - Nov 15 with 2151 viewscatch74

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:08 - Nov 15 by abracaDOBRA_

Yep, it's not like the first guy was trying to raise loads of money. He just said he'd buy 1 fan the bundle. Cruncher has actually gone out his way to sort it out and spread the word. Think he contacted Dan Palfrey too to dish out the tickets. Fair play to him

Fair play to him.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:26 - Nov 15 with 2091 viewsitfcjoe

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 10:47 - Nov 15 by blueboyd

I think he deserves a lot of credit, this will be loads of admin, loads of effort and fact he's happy to do is a good thing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:35 - Nov 15 with 2036 viewsElderGrizzly

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:12 - Nov 15 by noggin

I'd happily donate a bundle to someone who couldn't otherwise afford it. I don't have Twitter though, so how should I do it?

I've asked him. He said people are transferring money directly to him and just emailing him.
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:39 - Nov 15 with 1991 viewsJTRNB

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:35 - Nov 15 by ElderGrizzly

I've asked him. He said people are transferring money directly to him and just emailing him.

Could you perhaps ask him to share his email or other method of contact on here, so those of us without Twitter can help too?
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:42 - Nov 15 with 1968 viewsElderGrizzly

The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 11:39 - Nov 15 by JTRNB

Could you perhaps ask him to share his email or other method of contact on here, so those of us without Twitter can help too?

richardmoss1976.rm@gmail.com
The Cruncher ticket donation initiative on 12:04 - Nov 15 with 1781 viewsIllinoisblue

Just saw it’s reached 7k of donations which is impressive. Although obviously people are free to donate to whatever cause they like, getting someone to a football match doesn’t appear to as obviously worthy as giving to a food bank or a cancer charity.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024