Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I'm done with Men's football... 07:10 - Nov 16 with 1875 viewsKropotkin123

It just isn't competitive.

On Thursday Germany won 9-0. Czechia won 7-0. Croatia 7-1. Russia 6-0. On Saturday France won 8-0. Turkey won 6-0. On Monday England won 10-0.

Games like these do the men's game no favours. It's hard to take them seriously. The gulf in class is particularly noticeable between the different nations goalkeepers. The ball seems to go through them.

For the record, I've only watched 5 mins of men's football and that was just the highlights.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 7:11]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:20 - Nov 16 with 1799 viewswkj

The whole World Cup is going to be a tough watch this time around. I will naturally want to see England progress well, but I can't imagine myself getting the full feast of football that the Euros and World Cup usually brings.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:23 - Nov 16 with 1787 viewsWacko

Of all the men's football being played this month, that's a pretty selective set of results on which to base your decision
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 7:23]

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:29 - Nov 16 with 1750 viewsclive_baker

I see what you’ve done there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:30 - Nov 16 with 1752 viewshoppy

Meaning the whole of men’s football, or just internationals, as you’re referring to there?

How did the Lionesses do recently? I’m sure they also had a 10-0 win or something a few weeks back as well, didn’t they?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:33 - Nov 16 with 1732 viewswkj

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:30 - Nov 16 by hoppy

Meaning the whole of men’s football, or just internationals, as you’re referring to there?

How did the Lionesses do recently? I’m sure they also had a 10-0 win or something a few weeks back as well, didn’t they?

Yeah, but "It's slow and sh*t" - apparently.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:38 - Nov 16 with 1710 viewsWD19

The gulf is huge.

One of the issues is reward. England players are paid fortunes whilst San Marino players have to do a whole load of other jobs in addition to playing football.

Pay should be equalised across all international players in the interests of fairness. If we do that then the quality gap will be reduced over time.
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:41 - Nov 16 with 1699 viewsfranz_tyson

You don’t see those kinds of results in a major tournament.

It’s basically because FIFA or UEFA continue to place minnow nations in the same qualifying category as the big nations. Even when the footballing calendar is more congested than ever.

It’s simple : Separate these nations into a different tournament with the winner and/or second place being given the chance to play the big boys in the qualifiers. It would make games more competitive for the minnow nations and bring them on. How are small nations going to develop when they’re continually hammered?
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:45 - Nov 16 with 1677 viewshoppy

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:29 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

Ah, yes. Now I know… now I know…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:57 - Nov 16 with 1625 viewsDubtractor

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:29 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

I almost bit too.

The keepers bit should have been the giveaway.

Though fwiw, I see no point at all in mismatches such as last night, whatever the gender.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 08:00 - Nov 16 with 1615 viewsmikeybloo88

Teams like San Marino should be allowed to play at their own level...perhaps they could enter the women's world cup?
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 08:28 - Nov 16 with 1514 viewsPinewoodblue

I’m sure the smaller nations rely on these competitive games for revenue.

Football is played, and to the same rules, in almost every country in the world more so than any other sport.

Changes are needed the Nations Cup, or whatever UEFA call it, seems a step in the right direction perhaps FIFA need to do something similar but it would need financial support from the major nations.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 08:35 - Nov 16 with 1483 viewsfranz_tyson

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 08:28 - Nov 16 by Pinewoodblue

I’m sure the smaller nations rely on these competitive games for revenue.

Football is played, and to the same rules, in almost every country in the world more so than any other sport.

Changes are needed the Nations Cup, or whatever UEFA call it, seems a step in the right direction perhaps FIFA need to do something similar but it would need financial support from the major nations.

I’m pretty sure there’s an amazing amount of money within FIFA and UEFA without the support of major nations.
They’re paying David Beckham and probably others a fortune to be representatives of the World Cup. Just deviate that money towards the small nations to develop their game, without having meaningless games like these.
No-one is saying to these nations stop playing football, but it’s become a farce.
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 09:08 - Nov 16 with 1381 viewsTJS

Europe is the only continent that continues with this farce.
Everywhere else has preliminary rounds to eliminate the worst teams.
The lowest 5 -6 teams in the Fifa rankings should play two-leg preliminary ties against the next 5-6 lowest teams.
This would eliminate San Marino, Gibraltar, Andorra etc. and also make all the groups have the same number of teams.
I can't see how they could say it is not fair - if you can't beat Luxembourg or Lithuania over two legs you don't deserve to be going any further.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 9:11]
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 09:24 - Nov 16 with 1312 viewsLeoMuff

Just needs a pre qualifying phase, would make qualification for more interesting weed out the San Marino, Andorra results.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 09:49 - Nov 16 with 1229 viewsPippin1970

There was a quote in the game yesterday. 13 teams from 55 European teams qualify and 5 teams from 55 African countries qualify. I'm not sure how true that is but needs moving around a bit.
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 09:54 - Nov 16 with 1207 viewsMookamoo

I do tend to agree - most televised top flight football is just plain boring.

As a counter, the highlights of Scotland winning in front of a packed Hampden and Serbia wiping the smug grin off Ronaldo's face is worth it.
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 10:26 - Nov 16 with 1115 viewsPinewoodblue

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 09:49 - Nov 16 by Pippin1970

There was a quote in the game yesterday. 13 teams from 55 European teams qualify and 5 teams from 55 African countries qualify. I'm not sure how true that is but needs moving around a bit.

Not sure what your point is. Four out of twelve South American countries qualify for the finals and a fifth has a chance of doing so via a play off. At least two non European teams are in UEFA.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 10:45 - Nov 16 with 1058 viewsEly_Blue

How many African teams in the top 20 vs European countries

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 10:47 - Nov 16 with 1040 viewsDavoIPB

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 08:00 - Nov 16 by mikeybloo88

Teams like San Marino should be allowed to play at their own level...perhaps they could enter the women's world cup?

They would win the woman's world cup.
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 11:16 - Nov 16 with 983 viewsStewart27

Maybe we could try and get a side from Antarctica too?
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 11:37 - Nov 16 with 942 viewsVaughan8

I've stopped watching the Internationalqualifiers for a number of years now. Most games are pointless/boring, so I'm with you on that (I think that is what you meant rather than all Mens football)

I don't think it helps that England generally get an easy group.

Bring back the days when we had exciting games like Scott Carson Croatia game.....
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 12:54 - Nov 16 with 815 viewsRobTheMonk

I genuinely think my 5 a'side lads could have been parachuted into that San Marino team and done no worse.

The gulf in quality is so large with it was just not worth watching.
I think I'm done with Men's football... on 13:08 - Nov 16 with 773 viewsEly_Blue

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 11:37 - Nov 16 by Vaughan8

I've stopped watching the Internationalqualifiers for a number of years now. Most games are pointless/boring, so I'm with you on that (I think that is what you meant rather than all Mens football)

I don't think it helps that England generally get an easy group.

Bring back the days when we had exciting games like Scott Carson Croatia game.....

Or maybe the England team is finally world class in comparison to the golden generation that we were all lead to believe were, we have a system in place now that allows us to eat at the very top table

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 16:20 - Nov 16 with 651 viewsKropotkin123

I think I'm done with Men's football... on 07:57 - Nov 16 by Dubtractor

I almost bit too.

The keepers bit should have been the giveaway.

Though fwiw, I see no point at all in mismatches such as last night, whatever the gender.

I wasn't actually fishing. In my mind it was more obvious than I evidently made it. Apologies for wasting anyone's time.

It is interesting seeing the comments though. Like taking a few games in isolation as evidence of the competitiveness of the whole tournament, which can equally be applied to the women's game.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024