Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Block A 09:24 - Nov 16 with 1165 viewsBobbychase

With all the cheaper tickets flying around, it would be good - I think - to get some people who fancy a sing-song in Block A of the Cobbold Stand. It's close to the Blue Action/S6 area and might increase and spread the noise level.

Not the worst view either

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Block A on 09:47 - Nov 16 with 1093 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Think that will naturally happen as it looks like the SBRU will be quite full quite quickly. Not the worst view like you say, but seeing the far goal isn’t a lot of fun from that corner!
Block A on 09:53 - Nov 16 with 1073 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Also when I looked earlier there seems to be a big block in that area not being sold at all…. Possibly to give away to local schools and key workers?
Block A on 10:16 - Nov 16 with 1011 viewsSitfcB

I think Blue Action could be better suited there you know. Or half of ‘em.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Block A on 10:28 - Nov 16 with 969 viewsBobbychase

Block A on 09:53 - Nov 16 by Matt_Netherlands

Also when I looked earlier there seems to be a big block in that area not being sold at all…. Possibly to give away to local schools and key workers?

I sat there for the Morecambe game (avoiding the Covid Petri Dish that was the lower SBR where my ST is) and a lot of club shop staff were in there during the match

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Block A on 10:48 - Nov 16 with 910 viewsgeg1992

Block A on 10:16 - Nov 16 by SitfcB

I think Blue Action could be better suited there you know. Or half of ‘em.

Surely better acoustics?

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Block A on 13:52 - Nov 16 with 779 viewsBlue_Generator

Block A on 10:48 - Nov 16 by geg1992

Surely better acoustics?

The club would need to engage/cooperate with the process if anything was planned for there (otherwise there’d be issues with standing etc) and so far they’ve been unwilling to respond to questions about the potential for a designated singing section. Be good to know how much interest there’d be from fans though. Would enough people actually be willing to move there and actively contribute to the atmosphere if the club did something?
Block A on 14:35 - Nov 16 with 701 viewsSitfcB

Block A on 10:48 - Nov 16 by geg1992

Surely better acoustics?

Would be great. See a lot of the more vocal ends at away games at the ‘end’ of a stand like that, Lincoln a good example.

The noise would travel right across the SBR stand for them to join in and then the rest of the ground.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Block A on 14:53 - Nov 16 with 660 viewsBlue_Generator

Block A on 14:35 - Nov 16 by SitfcB

Would be great. See a lot of the more vocal ends at away games at the ‘end’ of a stand like that, Lincoln a good example.

The noise would travel right across the SBR stand for them to join in and then the rest of the ground.

Yeah I agree, think it would work well if we had enough people up there. I’ve asked the club and used that area as an example but they haven’t responded so far. I had been told from within that they’d consider any sensible suggestions though so I’ll chase it up.
Login to get fewer ads

Block A on 14:55 - Nov 16 with 657 viewsITFC_Forever

Block A on 10:28 - Nov 16 by Bobbychase

I sat there for the Morecambe game (avoiding the Covid Petri Dish that was the lower SBR where my ST is) and a lot of club shop staff were in there during the match

Club Shop and Turnstile operators sit there during the games as there are usually loads of available seats.

It was fuller than usual on Saturday, and I think once the North is full, the next blocks to sell will be J, JJ and A, which will give a natural wrap-around from the North.... the end block of the Portman terrace already has an excitable bunch of youngsters in it who love joining in with the North Stand.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Block A on 15:15 - Nov 16 with 602 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Block A on 14:53 - Nov 16 by Blue_Generator

Yeah I agree, think it would work well if we had enough people up there. I’ve asked the club and used that area as an example but they haven’t responded so far. I had been told from within that they’d consider any sensible suggestions though so I’ll chase it up.

Do you think you’d mange to convince enough members to move across from S5/S6 over to the Cobbold? How many would you need to get across to make it work? I’d guess maybe 100?

Do you think it would be an issue not being able to see the away fans and vice versa?
Block A on 15:17 - Nov 16 with 591 viewslazyblue

Why not get a block near the away fans , really don’t understand why some of you lot want to sit so far away from them.
Block A on 15:28 - Nov 16 with 559 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Block A on 15:17 - Nov 16 by lazyblue

Why not get a block near the away fans , really don’t understand why some of you lot want to sit so far away from them.

We all know that moving the away fans to the other end of the cobbold would be a better solution but that’ll never happen because of the police / safety issues of crowds mixing more on Portman road and easier access to the station for Big followings.

Maybe that will change when we eventually have a better look at the cobbold stand
Block A on 15:48 - Nov 16 with 514 viewsBlue_Generator

Block A on 15:15 - Nov 16 by Matt_Netherlands

Do you think you’d mange to convince enough members to move across from S5/S6 over to the Cobbold? How many would you need to get across to make it work? I’d guess maybe 100?

Do you think it would be an issue not being able to see the away fans and vice versa?

I really don’t know, asked that Q myself earlier in the thread. It may need an ‘expression of interest’ form to go out online to check there’s enough interest to get it off the ground. A lot would probably depend on how many people knew about it to begin with. Numbers wouldn’t need to be that high initially as a small number can make a lot of noise if committed. There aren’t anywhere near 100 behind the disabled section in S.6 for example but still enough to make a difference when people are up for it. Depends on other factors too like would the club price match the north lower etc. Otherwise that’s the kind of thing that would be an obstacle, hence why we’d need the club on board.
Block A on 15:53 - Nov 16 with 499 viewsBlue_Generator

Block A on 15:48 - Nov 16 by Blue_Generator

I really don’t know, asked that Q myself earlier in the thread. It may need an ‘expression of interest’ form to go out online to check there’s enough interest to get it off the ground. A lot would probably depend on how many people knew about it to begin with. Numbers wouldn’t need to be that high initially as a small number can make a lot of noise if committed. There aren’t anywhere near 100 behind the disabled section in S.6 for example but still enough to make a difference when people are up for it. Depends on other factors too like would the club price match the north lower etc. Otherwise that’s the kind of thing that would be an obstacle, hence why we’d need the club on board.

As for seeing the away fans, there’s hardly any interaction as it is so don’t think that’s critical. Pros and cons to everywhere but not many locations that would tick most boxes and be viable for the club. No point asking to be next to the away fans as the club wouldn’t entertain it. Only have to look at what happened in the Colchester home game when someone was removed from Sir Alf lower for giving it out etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024