Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) 10:10 - Nov 16 with 1443 viewsSamuelowen88

Some pretty bad stuff coming up here, and a few more names mentioned.

The bit about his child, and the pregnancy is absolutely horrendous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/59294668/page/2

Poll: England v Wales Score

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 10:32 - Nov 16 with 1382 viewssurreyblue

Reading through those comments the first thing I want to do is give the poor guy a hug. No one should be treated like that for any reason, and the reason being his skin colour and heritage makes it even worse. English cricket needs to give itself a long hard look and sort itself out sharpish. Looks like David Lloyd could be following Vaughan out of the cricket media
Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 10:34 - Nov 16 with 1368 viewsunbelievablue

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 10:32 - Nov 16 by surreyblue

Reading through those comments the first thing I want to do is give the poor guy a hug. No one should be treated like that for any reason, and the reason being his skin colour and heritage makes it even worse. English cricket needs to give itself a long hard look and sort itself out sharpish. Looks like David Lloyd could be following Vaughan out of the cricket media

What's Lloyd been accused of?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 10:35 - Nov 16 with 1375 viewssurreyblue

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 10:34 - Nov 16 by unbelievablue

From the BBC live feed:

He says that after speaking on national TV, there were "high profile" media people "messaging other members of the media who have supported me, saying stuff like 'well, a clubhouse is the lifeblood of a club, and Asian players don't go in there."

Rafiq says "personally, this guy does not know me, has never spent any time with me".

He states the person in question is David Lloyd.

"I found it disturbing because Sky are supposedly doing this amazing work bringing racism to the front yet within a week of me speaking out, that's what I got sent to me."/
Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:00 - Nov 16 with 1303 viewsXYZ

Rafiq - "I don't want my son to go anywhere near cricket"

Just what the b*stards want. Utter utter b*stards.
Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:12 - Nov 16 with 1272 viewsSteve_M

Even after reading a great deal on this case, some of Rafiq's testimony is still more shocking.

Also there has been this.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:25 - Nov 16 with 1206 viewshomer_123

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:12 - Nov 16 by Steve_M

Even after reading a great deal on this case, some of Rafiq's testimony is still more shocking.

Oh that's just wonderful isn't it.

See that Essex CCC are also getting more allegations, though they do seem a little more pro-active in dealing with it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:30 - Nov 16 with 1170 viewschicoazul

As I keep telling you all, public schoolboys are the worst people in the world.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:36 - Nov 16 with 1149 viewsSteve_M

This is also true:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:50 - Nov 16 with 1093 viewsRyorry

It's actually on p1 at 11.29. Shocking, (as is so much of the rest of it), Moxon needs to go.

As Rafiq says:- "Hopefully we will see massive change in five years' time and hopefully I did something bigger than getting runs or wickets."

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:51 - Nov 16 with 1086 viewsRyorry

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:25 - Nov 16 by homer_123

Oh that's just wonderful isn't it.

See that Essex CCC are also getting more allegations, though they do seem a little more pro-active in dealing with it.

At least one county side, Derbyshire, are coming out of it well so far.

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 12:51 - Nov 16 with 961 viewsPlums

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 11:12 - Nov 16 by Steve_M

It's horrendous. Cricket has a real issue and not just with racism, compared to football (which still has a long way to go), its approach to youth development is at least 20 years behind but that's for another day.

There's so much in this Rafiq case which is shocking but far from surprising. The bloke's a national hero for speaking up.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 12:58 - Nov 16 with 942 viewsfactual_blue

You do wonder how the club can actually survive this.

You also wonder how many of their members/supporters are actually saying 'we should never have let his sort play for the county'.

#levellingup

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 17:07 - Nov 16 with 798 viewsRadlett_blue

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 10:35 - Nov 16 by surreyblue

From the BBC live feed:

He says that after speaking on national TV, there were "high profile" media people "messaging other members of the media who have supported me, saying stuff like 'well, a clubhouse is the lifeblood of a club, and Asian players don't go in there."

Rafiq says "personally, this guy does not know me, has never spent any time with me".

He states the person in question is David Lloyd.

"I found it disturbing because Sky are supposedly doing this amazing work bringing racism to the front yet within a week of me speaking out, that's what I got sent to me."/

The recreational cricket club issue is that while a large number of people of Asian backgrounds want to play cricket, they understandably find it difficult to fit into the English cricket "beer & BBQ" culture so they don't feel welcome. I'm sure many have also experienced "casual racism", where many don't have the awareness to realise they might be causing offence. Hence the development of Asian cricket leagues & the answer to the question of why so few players of Asian heritage have prospered in County cricket or played for England.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 18:45 - Nov 16 with 717 viewsRyorry

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 12:51 - Nov 16 by Plums

It's horrendous. Cricket has a real issue and not just with racism, compared to football (which still has a long way to go), its approach to youth development is at least 20 years behind but that's for another day.

There's so much in this Rafiq case which is shocking but far from surprising. The bloke's a national hero for speaking up.

Deleted, replied to wrong post, soz.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2021 18:48]

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 18:47 - Nov 16 with 710 viewsRyorry

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 12:58 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

You do wonder how the club can actually survive this.

You also wonder how many of their members/supporters are actually saying 'we should never have let his sort play for the county'.

#levellingup

I asked just after the ECB withdrew YCCC's hosting of Internationals, and sponsors were just starting to pull out also, whether they could survive financially & without going into receivership.

No replies, guess, like me, people just don't know about their financial sitation - what they have in the bank right now, etc. Guess much might depend on their transparency, speed & willingness to undergo a sea-change reformation, and that that's genuine, not just being forced by their current situation.

The more you hear of Rafiq's account, the more shocking it is. How is Gary Ballance still at YCCC? (rhetorical question).

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 18:56 - Nov 16 with 689 viewsXYZ

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 18:47 - Nov 16 by Ryorry

I asked just after the ECB withdrew YCCC's hosting of Internationals, and sponsors were just starting to pull out also, whether they could survive financially & without going into receivership.

No replies, guess, like me, people just don't know about their financial sitation - what they have in the bank right now, etc. Guess much might depend on their transparency, speed & willingness to undergo a sea-change reformation, and that that's genuine, not just being forced by their current situation.

The more you hear of Rafiq's account, the more shocking it is. How is Gary Ballance still at YCCC? (rhetorical question).

Rather shocking thing the ex-Chairman revealed in the HoC committee session was that they couldn't remove the CEO or coach (Moxon) without the approval of the "Colin Graves Trust" (or similar name).

This Trust has a loan outstanding from YCCC.

Colin Graves is ex-Chairman of YCCC and (I believe) ex-deputy Chairman of the ECB ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Graves ). Graves was jockeying to be re-appointed as YCCC Chairman and was considered a shoe-in prior to the Rafiq affair becoming public.

Basically, it looks like YCCC is in hock to him.
Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 19:00 - Nov 16 with 677 viewsRyorry

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 18:56 - Nov 16 by XYZ

Rather shocking thing the ex-Chairman revealed in the HoC committee session was that they couldn't remove the CEO or coach (Moxon) without the approval of the "Colin Graves Trust" (or similar name).

This Trust has a loan outstanding from YCCC.

Colin Graves is ex-Chairman of YCCC and (I believe) ex-deputy Chairman of the ECB ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Graves ). Graves was jockeying to be re-appointed as YCCC Chairman and was considered a shoe-in prior to the Rafiq affair becoming public.

Basically, it looks like YCCC is in hock to him.

Jeeez - I had read that a couple of weeks back, but forgotten it, thanks for the reminder.

What a terrible tangled web. The ECB also needs to look at the regs on structural set-ups & finances that are currently permitted then.

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 19:04 - Nov 16 with 666 viewsgiant_stow

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 17:07 - Nov 16 by Radlett_blue

The recreational cricket club issue is that while a large number of people of Asian backgrounds want to play cricket, they understandably find it difficult to fit into the English cricket "beer & BBQ" culture so they don't feel welcome. I'm sure many have also experienced "casual racism", where many don't have the awareness to realise they might be causing offence. Hence the development of Asian cricket leagues & the answer to the question of why so few players of Asian heritage have prospered in County cricket or played for England.

You're right about the culture thing - my aged footy team was organizing a Christmas party at the pub, until the manager (thankfully) pointed out that a good third of the players are non-drinking Muslims, so how about a meal instead. I found that heartening even it took a while to get there.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 19:13 - Nov 16 with 647 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 10:34 - Nov 16 by unbelievablue

To his credit he has acknowledged it and apologised rather than try to deny or excuse it.

I doubt we will see him on Sky again.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Yorkshire Cricket Racism (MP hearing) on 19:15 - Nov 16 with 629 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Terrible stuff. Some truly harrowing things and, as the first reply says, just hope Rafiq knows there are many people who have every sympathy with him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024