Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apple Music - i Pod help please 19:44 - Nov 16 with 832 viewsWicksy

Simple question - is it possible to import music from an i Pod back onto your computer (Mac)?
Thanks for any help...

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 05:08 - Nov 17 with 752 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Don’t you just need iTunes to do that?
Apple Music - i Pod help please on 07:12 - Nov 17 with 711 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yes.

https://www.copytrans.net/

A few years ago my hard drive crashed and I lost everything. I used this programme to put everything in my iPod back on to my computer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 07:43 - Nov 17 with 696 viewsWicksy

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 07:12 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

Yes.

https://www.copytrans.net/

A few years ago my hard drive crashed and I lost everything. I used this programme to put everything in my iPod back on to my computer.

Thanks very much, will take a look this evening - although the descriptions all say "..back to PC" ?

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 07:44 - Nov 17 with 693 viewsGlasgowBlue

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 07:43 - Nov 17 by Wicksy

Thanks very much, will take a look this evening - although the descriptions all say "..back to PC" ?

May I ask what happened to your iTunes library on your Mac?

Iron Lion Zion

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 07:54 - Nov 17 with 682 viewsWicksy

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 07:44 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

May I ask what happened to your iTunes library on your Mac?

I had a new hard drive put in a month or so ago. I thought that i Tunes was 'seeing' all of my music from an external hard but when I went to reload the tunes into Apple Music ( iTunes no longer exists, apparently) loads were missing.

So now I think it must have been 'seeing' those in the Downloads folder on the hard drive. Hope that makes sense!

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 08:35 - Nov 17 with 653 viewsFreddies_Ears

There are various unofficial software firms that sell you the (electronic) key to the back door of the IPod. Every few years, I replace my PC and am absolutely grateful that I don't have to re-burn around 3000 CDs!!! I assume they'll transfer to Mac as well as PC; the smart bit is the unlocking of the IPod.
Apple Music - i Pod help please on 08:44 - Nov 17 with 640 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 08:35 - Nov 17 by Freddies_Ears

There are various unofficial software firms that sell you the (electronic) key to the back door of the IPod. Every few years, I replace my PC and am absolutely grateful that I don't have to re-burn around 3000 CDs!!! I assume they'll transfer to Mac as well as PC; the smart bit is the unlocking of the IPod.

Streaming is the way forward. Amazed that people download music let alone have physical media.
Apple Music - i Pod help please on 09:11 - Nov 17 with 629 viewsWicksy

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 08:44 - Nov 17 by BlueBlueBluex2

Streaming is the way forward. Amazed that people download music let alone have physical media.

But how would that work when you're driving? Genuine question - not too clued up on this stuff!

Login to get fewer ads

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 20:54 - Nov 17 with 552 viewsGlasgowBlue

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 09:11 - Nov 17 by Wicksy

But how would that work when you're driving? Genuine question - not too clued up on this stuff!

Sorry I missed your reply earlier. The songs must be hiding somewhere. Usually you iTunes folder would be in c/users/yourname/music/iTunes/Media. Your library file that points to your music and playlists is the iTunes Library itl or xml (can't remember which one off the tope of my head) If you can find that file you may find your entire library.

Back to streaming. If you subscribe to apple music £9.99 a month of £14.99 for 5 family members then you can upload your entire iTunes library to iCloud. If you then turn on apple music on any of your devices that have 4G then your entire library is on that device without having to download a single song to it.

Hope you find that helpful.

Iron Lion Zion

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 07:40 - Nov 18 with 485 viewsWicksy

Apple Music - i Pod help please on 20:54 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

Sorry I missed your reply earlier. The songs must be hiding somewhere. Usually you iTunes folder would be in c/users/yourname/music/iTunes/Media. Your library file that points to your music and playlists is the iTunes Library itl or xml (can't remember which one off the tope of my head) If you can find that file you may find your entire library.

Back to streaming. If you subscribe to apple music £9.99 a month of £14.99 for 5 family members then you can upload your entire iTunes library to iCloud. If you then turn on apple music on any of your devices that have 4G then your entire library is on that device without having to download a single song to it.

Hope you find that helpful.

Thank you for that - useful

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024