Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doesn't sound as though anyone made a case to start at weekend... 08:52 - Nov 17 with 1936 viewsitfcjoe

....of the changes.

Other than Aluko, who was probably in the toin coss selection with Burns as it is.

Chaplin got another goal, wonder if he comes in for Edwards at any point and rotates LW and 10 with Celina?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Doesn't sound as though anyone made a case to start at weekend... on 12:32 - Nov 17 with 201 viewsIllinoisblue

Doesn't sound as though anyone made a case to start at weekend... on 10:12 - Nov 17 by DavoIPB

Yep and Edward defensively is very good as well, he is a really tough player, wins lots and as others have posted pushes the oppostion to sit really deep creating space for players like Morsy and Evans on the edge of the box. Edwards doesn't drift in and out of games either, he is always wanting the ball, always running against the oppositon, must be exhausting to play against.

Edwards no end product but a very good footballer and there is more to football than assists and goals. Edwards wins the battle against defenders, Burns does only on the odd occasion. Celina has to start. Can't have Burns at right back against any top half league 1 side, he is not a defender.

If Edwards can deliver that end product - and he has to - then we’ll have a very good player.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Doesn't sound as though anyone made a case to start at weekend... on 12:36 - Nov 17 with 197 viewspointofblue

Doesn't sound as though anyone made a case to start at weekend... on 11:42 - Nov 17 by unstableblue

I find it a bit concerning that the B team aren't really showing up.. albeit I think the Col U performance was better than some made out.

I would have thought Fraser, El Miz (bar the goal), Piggot, Harper would have been flying out of the blocks to get selected. But not the case. Difficult game to come into. Think it will be positive these cup opportunities keep coming.

Sounds like Walton, Burns and maybe Chaplin came out of it well:
Walton, Burns (Vincent-Young 75), Woolfenden (Burgess 46), Edmundson, Clements, Harper (Edwards 75), El Mizouni, Aluko (c), Chaplin, Fraser, Pigott (Jackson 84). Unused: Hladky, Kenlock, Carroll, Celina, Barry, Jackson.

I do like how Cook is keeping Kenlock and Jackson involved; yes they'll be leaving but use them whilst here for squad/training... they may do an El Miz or a Donacien! but I doubt it.

Struggling to understand the team for Saturday... given Clements, Aluko played 90 and Burns, Edwards 75mins.. seems long for people to be involved in weekend. Also why play Edmundson for 90?

Is it going to be?:

Walton
Burns Toto Edmundson Donacien
Morsy Evans
Aluko Chaplin Celina
Bonne

My concern is so many players seem to be going backwards or are lacking confidence within the B Team: Hladky, Woolfenden, Burgess, Harper and Pigott in particular, but KVY and Penney are hardly firing on a cylinders either, albeit suffering from knocks, and El Mizouni didn’t do much yesterday other than score. If needed, our hope will be they’ll settle in better amongst our first XI then the mix and match we tend to have for the B Team.

Would agree with that line up for Saturday, except for Donacien over Burns.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024