Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas 11:29 - Nov 17 with 2132 viewsElderGrizzly

Jailed for between 3 an 6 months

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/insulate-britain-nine-activists-jailed-hig
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:39 - Nov 17 with 1419 viewsMattinLondon

Serves them right - what they should have done was to have a massive meeting about environmental issues, talk continuously about it but ultimately, not actually do anything about it.
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:42 - Nov 17 with 1400 viewsgiant_stow

Despite thinking their actions are probably unhelpful to the cause, I admire their sacrifice and surity.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:43 - Nov 17 with 1397 viewsRyorry

That seems incredibly harsh, esp for the obviously extremely elderly woman.

What is LiarJohnson getting for his multiple counts of corruption & lives lost through failures of Track & Trace & PPE?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:46 - Nov 17 with 1388 viewsMattinLondon

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:42 - Nov 17 by giant_stow

Despite thinking their actions are probably unhelpful to the cause, I admire their sacrifice and surity.

This country jails too many people as it is so what’s the point in jailing them? It doesn’t serve any purpose whatsoever. Community service I can easily understand but jail is pointless.
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:50 - Nov 17 with 1371 viewsbrazil1982

"An Insulate Britain activist has warned the high court that he will “block the highway at the earliest opportunity” if he’s not thrown in jail for breaching the Home Office’s injunction, amid ongoing trials. "

- these are the consequences.
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:51 - Nov 17 with 1353 viewsmonytowbray

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:50 - Nov 17 by brazil1982

"An Insulate Britain activist has warned the high court that he will “block the highway at the earliest opportunity” if he’s not thrown in jail for breaching the Home Office’s injunction, amid ongoing trials. "

The consequences of climate change will be worse.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:54 - Nov 17 with 1330 viewsgiant_stow

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:46 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

This country jails too many people as it is so what’s the point in jailing them? It doesn’t serve any purpose whatsoever. Community service I can easily understand but jail is pointless.

I agree, although I spose the judge's logic is based on their statements that they'll carry on the protests as soon as they're able.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:55 - Nov 17 with 1324 viewsblueconscience

They will be released after a few weeks for good behaviour

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:56 - Nov 17 with 1316 viewsXYZ

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:51 - Nov 17 by monytowbray

The consequences of climate change will be worse.

We have a caller from Vancouver on the line ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/16/canada-fatalities-storm-pacific-no
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:57 - Nov 17 with 1316 viewsleitrimblue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:50 - Nov 17 by brazil1982

Pity there aren't any consequences for making yerself, friends and family extremely rich while destroying the planet
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:58 - Nov 17 with 1313 viewsblueconscience

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:57 - Nov 17 by leitrimblue

Pity there aren't any consequences for making yerself, friends and family extremely rich while destroying the planet

I know, these electric car drivers should be ashamed, when you consider how polluting they are to build!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:01 - Nov 17 with 1283 viewsleitrimblue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:58 - Nov 17 by blueconscience

I know, these electric car drivers should be ashamed, when you consider how polluting they are to build!!

I think we should just stop producing new cars for a few years. We have plenty of um, perhaps just repair the ones we have
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:08 - Nov 17 with 1241 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not at all comfortable seeing people jailed for the beliefs.

I don't agree with their tactics but jailing them really isn't the answer. Especially with some of them being elderly. Leaves a bad taste tbh.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:16 - Nov 17 with 1194 viewspointofblue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:08 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

I don't agree with their tactics but jailing them really isn't the answer. Especially with some of them being elderly. Leaves a bad taste tbh.

They’re not being jailed for the beliefs; they’re being jailed for continuously blocking the highway.

Funny how these sentences are only being passed after COP26.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:21 - Nov 17 with 1149 viewsnodge_blue

After watching that drama with Sean bean this summer, I’m not sure I’d handle one week in prison.

Do you think they will go to a low security / open prison type?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:22 - Nov 17 with 1139 viewsNthQldITFC

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:39 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

Serves them right - what they should have done was to have a massive meeting about environmental issues, talk continuously about it but ultimately, not actually do anything about it.

...again.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:24 - Nov 17 with 1120 viewsGlasgowBlue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:16 - Nov 17 by pointofblue

They’re not being jailed for the beliefs; they’re being jailed for continuously blocking the highway.

Funny how these sentences are only being passed after COP26.

It still doesn’t sit right with me.

I’ve said from the start that their actions are dangerous and counter productive. However, they’ll be proved to have been on the right side of history.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:26 - Nov 17 with 1107 viewsleitrimblue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:08 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

Imprisoning them as an unpleasant, almost suffragettes feel to it. Can't help but wonder how history will judge us locking up an elderly lady for trying to point out that climate change is a serious issue that we probably need to address. Though their imprisonment will probably do a lot more for their cause then the original road blocking stunt
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:27 - Nov 17 with 1100 viewsfactual_blue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:46 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

I refer you to the Admiral Byng observation made by Voltaire

‘il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral pour encourager les autres’.

(Context: Britain condemned to death and executed Admiral Byng for supposedly not trying hard enough to relieve the besieged British garrison on Menorca in 1756.)

It's about a supposed deterrent innit.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:32 - Nov 17 with 1056 viewsElderGrizzly

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:24 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

It still doesn’t sit right with me.

I’ve said from the start that their actions are dangerous and counter productive. However, they’ll be proved to have been on the right side of history.

They're clearly on the right side of history (even now), but they also need to get their own house in order.

Quite literally in the case of their key spokesman who has an uninsulated multi-million pound property empire.

The judge had little choice but to jail them, as they said if he didn't they would continue.
Of course, others will now continue in their name.

The amount of time it was taking from an already stretched Ambulance and Fire Service, who were being told to prioritise these incidents (my brother was someone who was sent to a protest) also doesn't sit right. So if it helps reduce their burden in the current pandemic, a quick reminder that jail really is an option isn't a wholly bad thing.
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:36 - Nov 17 with 1010 viewsStokieBlue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:56 - Nov 17 by XYZ

We have a caller from Vancouver on the line ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/16/canada-fatalities-storm-pacific-no

Canada is really getting the brunt of it at the moment.

The scenes from the heat dome and subsequent wild fires which destroyed Lytton last year were awful (there is a good Panorama on this which should be on the iPlayer).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/25/lytton-canada-heat-wildfire-record

50C temperatures followed by a totally unstoppable wild fire.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:37 - Nov 17 with 991 viewsStokieBlue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:58 - Nov 17 by blueconscience

Over the lifetime of an electric car it is far better for the environment than a petrol car. There are upfront manufacturing costs of course but after that, even if you use electricity made from polluting sources it's better than a petrol car. If you use electricity from renewable sources it's far, far better than a petrol car.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:41 - Nov 17 with 968 viewsClapham_Junction

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:26 - Nov 17 by leitrimblue

Imprisoning them as an unpleasant, almost suffragettes feel to it. Can't help but wonder how history will judge us locking up an elderly lady for trying to point out that climate change is a serious issue that we probably need to address. Though their imprisonment will probably do a lot more for their cause then the original road blocking stunt

One of my first thoughts on hearing this was that we'll end up seeing some kind of official apology to them in a couple of decades' time.
Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:45 - Nov 17 with 915 viewsfactual_blue

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:21 - Nov 17 by nodge_blue

After watching that drama with Sean bean this summer, I’m not sure I’d handle one week in prison.

Do you think they will go to a low security / open prison type?

It'll be a prison without a supply of superglue.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 12:51 - Nov 17 with 879 viewsblue62

Insulate Britain: These 9 aren't driving home for Christmas on 11:43 - Nov 17 by Ryorry

That seems incredibly harsh, esp for the obviously extremely elderly woman.

What is LiarJohnson getting for his multiple counts of corruption & lives lost through failures of Track & Trace & PPE?

Which extremely elderly woman! She's 58.... I'm 59 and I do not feel extremely elderly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024