Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know this won't mean much to many of you 12:36 - Nov 17 with 997 viewsCheltenham_Blue

But my friend, Tom Stoddart passed away this morning from Cancer.

Tom was a wonderful man, and an amazing photojournalist.

You can see some of his images here, including the fall of the Berlin Wall, The Bosnian Conflict and other key points in history here:

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/search/photographer?photographer=tom%20stoddart%20

RIP Tom.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 12:42 - Nov 17 with 933 viewsTractorCam

Excellent pictures from Berlin there. Sorry for your loss.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 12:42 - Nov 17 with 931 viewsIllinoisblue

Sorry for your loss. Clearly a very talented photographer.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 12:47 - Nov 17 with 899 viewshoppy

Sorry to hear that, and for the loss of your friend.

Some great shots here too...

https://www.instagram.com/tomstoddphotos/?hl=en

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 12:49 - Nov 17 with 885 viewsDarth_Koont

Great pictures. He must have had an incredible life. And the contrast between the soft fluf of portraits of Cameron/publicity shots of Gary Oldman etc. and the hard-edged reality of major events and tragedies must have given him a pretty unique perspective.

Very sorry for your loss, Chelts.

Pronouns: He/Him

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 12:51 - Nov 17 with 872 viewsfactual_blue

Sorry to hear that.

I love and envy the work of talented photographers and wish I were one.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 13:18 - Nov 17 with 829 viewsSteve_M

My condolences.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 20:33 - Nov 17 with 638 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 12:49 - Nov 17 by Darth_Koont

Great pictures. He must have had an incredible life. And the contrast between the soft fluf of portraits of Cameron/publicity shots of Gary Oldman etc. and the hard-edged reality of major events and tragedies must have given him a pretty unique perspective.

Very sorry for your loss, Chelts.

He did lead an incredible life, but was still one of the most generous welcoming men I ever met. He dealt with the horrible things photojournalists get to see in his own way, and shared stories of the things that should always be remembered.

He felt that photographing the fall of the Berlin wall was the pinnacle of his career, but he was still passionate about photography and its power to change opinion and the world.

I've wept today and will miss him terribly, but the world of photography is better for the fact he blessed us with his talent and his empathy.

"He gave voice to those who did not have one and shone a light where there had been darkness."

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 08:17 - Nov 18 with 492 viewsWacko

Sad news but a great life. I'm currently in Bosnia so I'll have a rakija in his honour. RIP

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

I know this won't mean much to many of you on 09:27 - Nov 18 with 449 viewsBloomBlue

Sorry for your loss I particular remember his Lockerbie bombing wreckage photos at the time it happened it really brought home the impact and the size of the disaster
I know this won't mean much to many of you on 15:25 - Nov 18 with 349 viewschicoazul

Very sorry for your loss Chelts, he was clearly a talented and good guy.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024