Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 defeats in 15 games 17:15 - Nov 17 with 5389 viewsdominiciawful

Decent.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:20 - Nov 17 with 2334 viewsBlueBadger

6 wins i 17 games.

Not quite as decent.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:25 - Nov 17 with 2300 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:20 - Nov 17 by BlueBadger

6 wins i 17 games.

Not quite as decent.

Cup games count now so it's actually 8 wins in 23 games. In fairness though if you disregard the first 8 of those games (arbitrarily excluding games is also fine apparently) then it's 8 wins in 15 games. Progress. 100 points, 100 goals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:25 - Nov 17 with 2306 viewsSamWhiteUK

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:20 - Nov 17 by BlueBadger

6 wins i 17 games.

Not quite as decent.

Yeah but the performances are better
2 defeats in 15 games on 17:29 - Nov 17 with 2273 viewsBlueBadger

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:25 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

Cup games count now so it's actually 8 wins in 23 games. In fairness though if you disregard the first 8 of those games (arbitrarily excluding games is also fine apparently) then it's 8 wins in 15 games. Progress. 100 points, 100 goals.

The Roy Keane School of Statistics is definitely the best way to interpret stats.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:31 - Nov 17 with 2272 viewsBlueBadger

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:25 - Nov 17 by SamWhiteUK

Yeah but the performances are better

I genuinely wonder what [redacted] will do if and when Cook actually puts together more than two league wins on the bounce. He only ever likes the managers that get us relegated or try to get us relegated.

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:31 - Nov 17 with 2260 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:29 - Nov 17 by BlueBadger

The Roy Keane School of Statistics is definitely the best way to interpret stats.

In fairness we do seem to genuinely be improving but every time we have a win that feels like it's going to ignite the season we seem to follow it up with a few games of being pretty underwhelming. Still waiting for the season to really catch fire.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 17:37]

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:32 - Nov 17 with 2267 viewsArnieM

How about 9th in the division. Not even half way through season , 4 points off play offs , with a brand new squad !

No, I know , let’s all be a bunch of pessimistic pillocks like good old Ipswich Town fans .

Cue the “down narrows”, and usual patronising individual to reply …… over to you carrot cruncher .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:32 - Nov 17 with 2248 viewschrismakin

PC has a better away win % than Mccarthy at town:)

According to statman
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 17:33]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:33 - Nov 17 with 2246 viewsBlueBadger

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:31 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

In fairness we do seem to genuinely be improving but every time we have a win that feels like it's going to ignite the season we seem to follow it up with a few games of being pretty underwhelming. Still waiting for the season to really catch fire.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 17:37]

I suspect that we'll hit top 6 because we've basically stopped losing games. Whether we're consistent enough to win the playoffs on the other hand..

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:35 - Nov 17 with 2235 viewsMattinLondon

Depends on how you interpret statistics.

Personally, until the team starts to average two points a game (in relation to total league games played) then I’ll consider Cook to be failing in his job.
2 defeats in 15 games on 17:37 - Nov 17 with 2204 viewschrismakin

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:35 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

Depends on how you interpret statistics.

Personally, until the team starts to average two points a game (in relation to total league games played) then I’ll consider Cook to be failing in his job.

Did you enjoy the game on I follow last night matt

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:37 - Nov 17 with 2213 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:33 - Nov 17 by BlueBadger

I suspect that we'll hit top 6 because we've basically stopped losing games. Whether we're consistent enough to win the playoffs on the other hand..

Imagine we do carry this form on (since the 7th match onwards, we’d be 4th in the table) and make the playoffs, and then win them, will you not regret that in a promotion winning season you spent the majority of it sniping rather than just enjoying it?

Most of us are quite enjoying it atm. Probably the most positive I’ve felt as a Town fan since before Evans. Just let yourself enjoy it. That’s ok you know.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:39 - Nov 17 with 2186 viewsMattinLondon

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:37 - Nov 17 by chrismakin

Did you enjoy the game on I follow last night matt

No. I enjoyed re-watching the last season of ‘The Boys’.

Quite an enjoyable series that questions the morality of man if he were to process powers beyond imagination.
2 defeats in 15 games on 17:41 - Nov 17 with 2148 viewschrismakin

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:39 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

No. I enjoyed re-watching the last season of ‘The Boys’.

Quite an enjoyable series that questions the morality of man if he were to process powers beyond imagination.

Ooo intriguing. Netflix?

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:41 - Nov 17 with 2162 viewsBlueBadger

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:37 - Nov 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Imagine we do carry this form on (since the 7th match onwards, we’d be 4th in the table) and make the playoffs, and then win them, will you not regret that in a promotion winning season you spent the majority of it sniping rather than just enjoying it?

Most of us are quite enjoying it atm. Probably the most positive I’ve felt as a Town fan since before Evans. Just let yourself enjoy it. That’s ok you know.

I mean, don't get me wrong, its been considerably better than the past three seasons but it's still underachieving.

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:43 - Nov 17 with 2140 viewsStokieBlue

What about those who don't want to be forced to stand to enjoy it?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:44 - Nov 17 with 2133 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:41 - Nov 17 by BlueBadger

I mean, don't get me wrong, its been considerably better than the past three seasons but it's still underachieving.

I hate to say the word but we’ve quite clearly now ‘gelled’. I was ok with the slow start because it was clear there was some signs that it would come good. And now it has.

And now we will just rise up through the table

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:45 - Nov 17 with 2121 viewspositivity

if we've "stopped losing games", then i fancy our chances of getting through the playoffs, only away goals can knock us out by that reckoning!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:45 - Nov 17 with 2113 viewsMattinLondon

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:41 - Nov 17 by chrismakin

Ooo intriguing. Netflix?

Nah, it’s on Amazon Prime (saying that it could well be on Netflix as well).

I quite enjoyed it - both seasons (two in total) only have eight episodes so are easy to binge watch.

If you like superhero shows then you’ll probably like it. But it is very violent as well and the hero’s aren’t exactly decent people.
2 defeats in 15 games on 17:51 - Nov 17 with 2083 viewsMattinLondon

Gaining promotion via the Play-Offs in a one-off match at Wembley is brilliant.

But, and it’s a big but, considering his budget anything other than automatic promotion is failure.

That obviously won’t stop me enjoying promotion - but Cook should be doing a lot better.

Peace and love.
2 defeats in 15 games on 18:10 - Nov 17 with 2016 viewspennblue

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:51 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

But, and it’s a big but, considering his budget anything other than automatic promotion is failure.

That obviously won’t stop me enjoying promotion - but Cook should be doing a lot better.

Peace and love.

Sorry have to disagree with you and BlueBadger. If you look at the teams at the top of this league with a level of consistency, you will see their managers have been there for at least 2 years:

Rotherham - Paul Warne - 5 years
Wycombe - Gareth Ainsworth 10+ years
Plymouth - 2 years
Wigan - May 2017 - Richardson - 1 to 4 years depending on how you count it
Oxford United - 4 years Karl Robinson

and for some reason you expect Paul Cook to be Top of the League after a couple of months with his new squad?

On what basis do you expect Paul Cook to outperform these other teams after such a short amount of time in the job?

I am intrigued into your thinking.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

2 defeats in 15 games on 18:13 - Nov 17 with 1993 viewsBlueBadger

2 defeats in 15 games on 17:51 - Nov 17 by MattinLondon

Peace and love.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that getting promoted via the playoffs would be failure, but not to be to even in the races for the automatic slots is underperformance.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 18:30]

2 defeats in 15 games on 18:18 - Nov 17 with 1981 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Come on man, really?
2 defeats in 15 games on 18:31 - Nov 17 with 1931 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in 15 games on 18:10 - Nov 17 by pennblue

Sorry have to disagree with you and BlueBadger. If you look at the teams at the top of this league with a level of consistency, you will see their managers have been there for at least 2 years:

Rotherham - Paul Warne - 5 years
Wycombe - Gareth Ainsworth 10+ years
Plymouth - 2 years
Wigan - May 2017 - Richardson - 1 to 4 years depending on how you count it
Oxford United - 4 years Karl Robinson

and for some reason you expect Paul Cook to be Top of the League after a couple of months with his new squad?

On what basis do you expect Paul Cook to outperform these other teams after such a short amount of time in the job?

I am intrigued into your thinking.

Didn't Richardson become manager at Wigan only a few months before Cook took over here? He's had the job permanently less time than Cook in fact. Lee Johnson at Sunderland, also only a few months before Cook. The MK Dons manager was only appointed in August. It's really not outrageous to think Cook could have done better with the resources at his disposal this season.

2 defeats in 15 games on 18:36 - Nov 17 with 1884 viewschrismakin

2 defeats in 15 games on 18:31 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

Didn't Richardson become manager at Wigan only a few months before Cook took over here? He's had the job permanently less time than Cook in fact. Lee Johnson at Sunderland, also only a few months before Cook. The MK Dons manager was only appointed in August. It's really not outrageous to think Cook could have done better with the resources at his disposal this season.

Only 4 points off the latter 2 clubs
And with leam he was already at the club so not sure why you've included him lol he'd coached the side he then managed so hardly a big change there. And signed some players he'd already coached and who'd played with others already in the team.

The need to still see it as failure imo is getting silly now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024